You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BREXIT

Barnesey

We would certainly seem to be entering the last days now, but I'd hope that things can be kept relatively dignified.

A fanbase that flies planes with messages over a stadium or encourages match-goers to dress up as Jurgen Klopp probably doesn't deserve the German or Ancellotti as manager.

Agree, ive no issue with the plan to send klopp over boston in a messerschmitt dropping old german unexploded bombs from back gardens in speke and chucking them boss german hand grenades out laughing at the stupid bellends and trailing a sign requesting a second season you shits with piss partridge airlines written on the side or daubed i should say, obvs after 9/11 an f16 is likely to intercept and take him out after that but i think we will have made our point, you dont shit in your own doorstep lets take the fight to them hiding in boston we need go there and get on their case the last place on earth theyll notice any protest is our stadium cos they dont give a fuck all theyre here for is to make us look good enough to sell for the profit they want to look good to investors or buyers, look at the sponsorship deals and stand development and rodgers new teeth.

You think he may realise that he'll be a little less crucial to Ancelotti's PR team?

rh4ee.jpg

Yep. It's too obvious though. Leaving all the rumours of shite players, then jumping all over anything to do with top players. We were "baffled" by links with Marco Reus, but not links with Alex Pearce.

Liverpool are bemused by reports linking them with basic competence.

• Upvote 6

Brexit sounds like a "new", "innovative" and "exciting" breakfast product being pitched to to the Dragon's Den by a single mother of 10 who's developed a way to condense a full english breakfast (beans included naturally) into a bar the size of a single Twix finger.

And for that reason I'm out, Mr Dangerously.

If it had been Ancelotti rather than Klinsmann, I suspect the outrage, while still severe, would have been tempered somewhat by it being a manager of at least equal standing.

What? Inquiring about another manager when we have the man who gave us the greatest second place finish we've had in the last 15 years?

Ancellotti had Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James, et al. in his last season at Real and didn't win anything, did he?

Just trying out my pro-Brendan chops for the inevitable post-rumour letdown.

• Upvote 1

Philosophy question: If the owners disrespect Rodgers but there is no one left to give a shit either way does it make a noise?

If we sign Ancelotti, and lock BR inside Melwood with a loaded pistol, is there a point at which he is simultaneously Liverpool manager and not Liverpool manager?

• Upvote 1

What? Inquiring about another manager when we have the man who gave us the greatest second place finish we've had in the last 15 years?

Ancellotti had Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James, et al. in his last season at Real and didn't win anything, did he?

Just trying out my pro-Brendan chops for the inevitable post-rumour letdown.

Is anyone other than JP still 'Pro-Brendan?' Sounding out Rafa (and no doubt others) for Ged in advance wasn't moaned about was it, because the latter had gone to bits.

Rafa had taken us to the European Cup final a few months before and they tried to sack him for completely non-football reasons for someone who's managerial credentials were less than Brendan's now.

Is anyone other than JP still 'Pro-Brendan?' Sounding out Rafa (and no doubt others) for Ged in advance wasn't moaned about was it, because the latter had gone to bits.

Rafa had taken us to the European Cup final a few months before and they tried to sack him for completely non-football reasons for someone who's managerial credentials were less than Brendan's now.

I don't think it was quite like that Ben. Rafa had made casual noises about leaving and they were looking for a contingency plan. Rafa later signed a 5 year contract with H&G.

I don't think it was quite like that Ben. Rafa had made casual noises about leaving and they were looking for a contingency plan. Rafa later signed a 5 year contract with H&G.

Fair do's mate, aware of the other side of the argument and know Rafa was no saint, but even allowing for the shades of grey in the behind the scenes shenanigans, the point that there was no on-pitch reason for a change at that point, and they were looking to swap a double major European league winning manager who'd also bagged the European and UEFA cups for a managerial novice, is the opposite situation from any hypothetical move to swap a drowning Brendan Rodgers for Signore Eyebrow.

Not least because one replacement was genuinely being mooted went it was a completely illogical switch, and one isn't when that being the case is even more illogical.

Just read this by Barrett. Can't help but laugh at it, grim as it is.

"In hindsight, Rafael Benítez can identify the moment when he should have realised that he was about to be replaced as Liverpool manager. In the aftermath of a 1-0 away defeat to Lille in the Uefa Cup, Benitez boarded the team bus to the airport and Christian Purslow, the club’s then chief executive, sat down next to him. As conversation about the game and the forthcoming second leg subsided, Purslow asked him for his thoughts on another manager – Fulham’s Roy Hodgson.

Five months later, Hodgson was confirmed as Benítez’s successor and the Spaniard belatedly realised that he had effectively been asked to provide a reference for the man who took his job."