You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin GOBSHITE Tyler.......

old skool tom

BT was very poor yesterday, some of the comments were just awful.

Most of its been covered but making out we need to change our game plan in the fourth minute, like Klopp never considered we might go a goal behind at some point? Our defence?

And coutinhos form 'causing concerns' but by the end 'it hasn't been a concern for me'.

And the camera shots from the upper eighth tier of the fucking Nigel Spackman stand or whatever those bad whoppers have. Could barely see.

And talking non stop about Chelsea being shit but not us achieving anything ( or chelsea circle wanking after four minutes).

And the goals weren't even Terry's fault that much but they just laid not him for no reason. Now I hate 'JT ' as much as any right thinking person, but it was just bad analysis.

Owen was actually alright, saying we've been the better team and should keep going just before we equalised.

The worrying thing is even the odd decent pundit soon turns into a cliche-spewing drivel machine within a short space of time. It's like a disease, spreading trite inanity and jumpers-for-goalposts bollocks from person to person. Townsend's the carrier, and his "You can hit it too well" was him coughing into the soup.

You'd think in these techy days that there'd be a way to find an alternative commentary stream. Podcasts and websites are hammering the final nails into the coffin of other football punditry, but we still have to put up with the likes of Tyldesley ruining his pants when the ball bounces off Rooney's shin and out for a goal kick.

• Upvote 1

Tyldsley said something after Rooneys sensational penalty against world football giants San Marino like 'and you now will remember the name'... I cringed so much I couldn't press mute in time, dropped the remote and the batteries fell out and rolled just under the couch out of reach. Thanks Clive you thunder cunt.

Mrs. o'T still laughs at me for the time I broke a resolution quicker than Tony Blair's "hand of history" moment.  I was shouting at the shitbag commentary for a while - which made her smirk at me.  I tried to calm down and said, without any intentional irony "I've got to stop having a go at Clive Tyldsley, he can't help being a fucking retard."

I think my hatred of most commentators is a by product of the Sky generation.

That gobshite Gray started me going off on one about them. Back in the day Motty , Davies and the handful of others that used to supply commentary were  nothing special but they did manage to waffle about the game you were watching and weren't agenda driven cunts like the current shower of shite  

I was listening to that commentary yesterday on a stream, couldn't believe that anyone would employ Francis. Out of date, biased and embarrassing. He was banging on about how Liverpool could not score without a recognised striker, the set up was all wrong etc. Then we scored and of course he had changed his mind and was still right. He actually made Owen seem insightful.

I'd had enough so found another stream only for Jim Beglin to crop up. What a twisted bastard he's turned into, he really hates us based on that effort yesterday. 

The mute button is definitely the way forward.

• Upvote 3

I remember travelling Australia and being there for Alaves 2001. Robbie Slater of mediocre Blackburn fame was the studio pundit and at the end of the match it goes back to the studio and we're greeted with Slater standing up with a Liverpool scarf held aloft singing YNWA alone for about two minutes. The rest of them are cunts though.

• Upvote 1

Does Andy Gray still go through a player's thought processes during a replay of a goal?

'And he says, oh no you don't, son, I'm taking this ball off you, I'm gonnae outstrip you for pace and I'm gonnae whack it beyond your goalkeeper, calm as you like, from twenty five yards, right into the bottom corner. Trulah, trulah brilliant.'  

• Upvote 7

I feel dirty for saying this but I kinda miss Andy Gray

He's on Bein Sports a bit over here with that fucking moron Richard Keys, so he seems ok in comparison.

I'd heard a bit about this Keys bloke on this forum, but it isn't until you have to sit there and listen do you realise how bad he is. Is he just a WUM or actually that fucking stupid??

Didn't Johnathan Pearce used to do the comically over-the-top commentary of Robot Wars?  Exactly how the BBC thought that would translate perfectly to football is beyond me.

Says it all about the modern game.