You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

As for FSG I was already OK with them. Now that they have hired Klopp I'm happy with them.

They came in and said they would try to grow revenue and have the club living off its (increasing) means. They have done this.

They got a young up and coming manager and they backed him in the market. He probably should have gone in the summer, but with the second place still fairly fresh, that might have been a bit harsh. The clincher was probably Klopp's lack of availability in the summer, as he wanted a break.

They are also making progress on expanding the stadium, which has been a very difficult issue to work through.

I don't like their absenteeism, but apart from that, they are doing reasonably well.

• Upvote 1

I'm far from convinced by FSG. They're five years in to their ownership and it's taken them this long - and many failed appointments - to go and get a man with a contemporary pedigree that befits our (i.e., the fans) ambitions. They also continue to be penny wise, pound stupid with players. If Jurgen Klopp does the business for us (and there's every chance he will - he looks a fantastic appointment), that doesn't reflect tell us anything about the owners other than they have a basic level of awareness about the game. Going after a world class out of work manager is an absolute no brainer.

• Upvote 1

FSG came out and said they want silverware. Now I actually believe them when they say that. I also think that being new to the football game they have got a lot of things wrong and are now probably getting how it works a bit more. If Klopp wants a player that doesn't fit their transfer policy I bet there will be room to flex.

My position remains the same as when they came in. If our interests and theirs align, all well and good, but never trust them and always try to hold them to account. The same as I'll look at any owners after H&G. Once stung and all that....

• Upvote 3

They wanted Klopp while he was still manager at Dortmund a few years ago. He wouldnt come for obvious reasons.

There's no doubt in my mind Klopp is the best, right choice for us. He talks sense. We need to drop the baggage of our glorious past. In the here and now we're not in the footballing 'elite' but neither are we slumdogs.

But, he still needs backing by the owners. If they play politics with signings and contract extensions, Klopp will have similar problems to Rodgers. Hopefully the owners realise their strategy is flawed and needs tweaking here and there.

I read on another forum a comment from a Dortmund fan saying that Klopp wanted benteke and firmino but couldn't afford them.

Makes you wonder if this was all sorted in the summer and if some or all of the signings are klopp's - hence the comments from rogers about not having the tools he wanted

Klopp wanted a break, so they kept Rogers until Klopp is ready to break his sabbatical

It does seem as if everyone is on board with our new manager as I haven't seen one person who has anything negative to say about this appointment

I'm not expecting miracles and I hope he is given the time to build a dynasty

I'm calling bullshit on that rumour it has zero logic and for the amount of money we are talking, you don't gamble on the off-chance several events have to fall in line.

Rodgers wanted Benteke as his number 1 target, fuck he even produced a dossier on how he was going to get the best out of Benteke.

Dossier means serious business.

Anyway maybe it was Dortmunds committee...

This is what TonyB said after speaking to Klopp directly.

Oct 9

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS

Barrett - Klopp watched Benteke at Dortmund but did not pursue his interest because the forward appearing unsuited to pressing and harassing

I'm pretty certain you could name 2-3 players who have moved in the last 18 months with quite a few squads and say aha.

Example Adam Traore and Llori means Rodgers knew he was getting the villa job.

Glen Johnson, Shaqiri, and Affealy, means Rodgers knew he was getting the Stoke job.

Barrett was at pains to point out that was just his opinion on Benteke not something Klopp said himself.

@LFCZA: Tony Barrett: #Klopp didn't pursue #Benteke - one possible reason being the forward appearing unsuited to pressing and harassing. . #LFC

One possible reason being key in what he said.

• Upvote 1