You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

FSG gave Rodgers all the money he wanted - they increasing the capacity of the ground and they have just brought Klopp in. What else do you want from them?

I'd prefer it if they didn't keep allowing our most important players to leave each summer.

I'd also prefer it if they got more than one major decision correct every 3 years.

• Upvote 3

I'd prefer it if they didn't keep allowing our most important players to leave each summer.

I'd also prefer it if they got more than one major decision correct every 3 years.

Players will move on all the time and we dont have a god given right to win anything even if some people do.

Its funny that for owners many people say are 'looking to sell' they continue to pour money into the club via the stadium development, new player transfers and wages.

Its funny that for owners many people say are 'looking to sell' they continue to pour money into the club via the stadium development, new player transfers and wages.

The club are paying for all that. The corporate seating improvements are funded by a loan that the club is paying back based on the increased match day revenue, and then possibly naming rights in the future.

The club are paying for all that. The corporate seating improvements are funded by a loan that the club is paying back based on the increased match day revenue, and then possibly naming rights in the future.

The owners have given the club the interest free loan to pay for the development. Stop making out the club has miraculously found a pot of money from under the bed.

Can't see them being shit again until at least next Saturday tbh.

I didn't base my view on them over the last 20 games, which means I won't change it over the next 20.

There are long-standing systemic problems with their running of us, and Klopp doesn't change that, for me.

• Upvote 1

I didn't base my view on them over the last 20 games, which means I won't change it over the next 20.

There are long-standing systemic problems with their running of us, and Klopp doesn't change that, for me.

Is there a set of owners in the Premiership that you would class as being good owners?

Is there a set of owners in the Premiership that you would class as being good owners?

The funny thingis with these people who say FSG arent good owners (no one's saying they are perfect, what owner is?) is they forget that pre david moores when Smith was the chairman and robinson the virtual CEO, the club was run on far stricter business lines.

The club didnt have much of an overdraft facility with the bank. Transfers were financed out of working capital and were not spread over 2 or 3 years. It was cash up front and if the club didnt have the cash, it didnt buy the player. Most of our transfer dealings were modest amounts compared to what other clubs were paying.

Now when the current owners give the club an interest fee loan of £150m, it isnt pouring money into the club. Instead its a 'loan' and the club 'pays for it.' well yes but first try getting a commercial loan for £150m in today's climate never mind one that is interest free over a 5 year period.

I love it when some people say these things about £150m. It shows how out of touch they are with finance never mind reality they really are.

• Upvote 3

Ian Ayre is still in a job so as far as I am concerned they are still massive fucking shits. Klopp was a fan signing. They would have preferred Di Matteo or some other cunt. 

Are you two on the lemonade again?

giving a £150m interest free loan over (at least) a 5 year period isnt 'pouring money' into the club?

It was a prudent move. The extra ten thousand seats are projected to raise an extra £25m as so many of them will be additional premium seating (Expect the first £100 a seat tickets lads). That is £150m over six years, with naming rights that figure will be repaid much more quickly AND the value of the club will increase as a result.

Everyone's a winner. The Club benefits from an interest free loan, the loanees benefit from an enhanced value far greater than any interest they could have got from the money elsewhere.

Key FSG member Seth Klarman's definitive work is "Margin of Safety: Risk-Averse Value Investing Strategies for the Thoughtful Investor". The new stand development is pretty much a case study for that.