You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

If I were chairing the search committee for the next Liverpool manager I'd start by establishing some parameters. The FSG people are on their third manager so they must have learned something by now about combining their resources/financial limits with expectations.

The most important criterion is someone who has a league trophy in a decent league, especially if it was with a club that was neither the richest nor the one who's spent the most money. The next criterion is someone who clearly gets the most out of his players, preferably ending up in winning something.

No, Simeone is not coming here. But he's the model, I reckon. Henry should start by binning any CVs that don't include trophies and follow with asking a candidate how we can win the league given what we have, what we're prepared to spend, and who our rivals are. The rest is bullshitting - we've had enough of that.

They may not be shit, but they have robbed this club of hope, and that is arguably as bad. We know even if they replace Brendan it won't be with Klopp or someone with pedigree. Liverpool needs a visionary, world-class boss or at least one world class player like Suarez and previously, Gerrard. The fans buzz off it. You always feel like you have a chance with star quality. Mediocrity destroys the atmosphere and support.

We lack star quality from signing Shite. We have had the money. Cringeingly getting our skipper to text targets.

Yes Ayre is a twat, yes he is on the FSG payroll, but we've just fucked the transfers up- Id say 70% percent of that is down to Rodgers judgement on players, nothing else. And they will sack him.

People seem utterly convinced they will go and appoint a no-mark replacement. I dont think they will, I think they will have learnt their lesson.

Maybe not. Time will tell.

you cant be telling me, during that season, as we were smashing Arsenal at home and sweeping aside United away, you werent even slightly optimistic that Rodgers was ok? Not even a little?

They were happy fucking times. Still not properly over that league run either. Was sure we would win the thing.

I got told more than nine months ago of the Dubai interest, but then - as now - I think people are primarily basing this on the fact Henry met wih Sheikh Maktoum in Dubai and seeing this as being about football rather than a more general business meeting. I don't know, I wasn't there, but I'm not convinced - sadly.

you cant be telling me, during that season, as we were smashing Arsenal at home and sweeping aside United away, you werent even slightly optimistic that Rodgers was ok? Not even a little?

Nope. Not really.

I,like plenty others, just rolled over and accepted what was happening, as it was obvious he wasn't going to address any frailties at the back or in midfield.

Didnt want to, or didnt know how? Doesn't matter really.

Check the start date of the "another season" thread, since you ask.

Of course it was highly entertaining and great to watch.

But plenty on here knew what they were seeing, was a veneer.

A very shiny, South American veneer.

I'll admit I thought he was ok but never 100% convinced but we could have had almost any manager in charge when Suarez was in full flight . I still reckon his tactics in that Chelsea game were totally wrong and Mourinho did a complete number on him. Similarly chasing the goal difference at Palace in the next game. Got down to the business end when a cool head was required and he came up short. Suarez ( assisted by Sturrdige) won us that title and Rodgers lost it at the death, Harsh but true.

• Upvote 1

I'll admit I thought he was ok but never 100% convinced but we could have had almost any manager in charge when Suarez was in full flight . I still reckon his tactics in that Chelsea game were totally wrong and Mourinho did a complete number on him. Similarly chasing the goal difference at Palace in the next game. Got down to the business end when a cool head was required and he came up short. Suarez ( assisted by Sturrdige) won us that title and Rodgers lost it at the death, Harsh but true.

All absolutely true but those that claim to not have felt at any point during that season, rightly or wrongly, that Rodgers may have had a bright future with us are kidding themselves.

How on earth could you have not? You'd have to be a very cool customer indeed to have been focussing on negatives as we swept all before us, in some style. Either a cool customer or a whine merchant. I don't mean that as a dig at Thompson nose by the way.

The first murmours of worry for me came when we signed Lambert. Even then it was hard to argue against given the outlay. Then the Remy deal fell through, Sanchez signed for Arsenal and the weeks went by until we went for Balotelli.

I wish I could say the rest is history but a lot of it is very much still in the present.

Rodgers has to go- FSG have the chance to prove the many doubters wrong by acting decisively.

Remains to be seen if they have what it takes but I wouldn't write the off entirely just yet

I got told more than nine months ago of the Dubai interest, but then - as now - I think people are primarily basing this on the fact Henry met wih Sheikh Maktoum in Dubai and seeing this as being about football rather than a more general business meeting. I don't know, I wasn't there, but I'm not convinced - sadly.

The two billionaire yanks mentioned in the article are probably H&G on a revenge mission! :D

All absolutely true but those that claim to not have felt at any point during that season, rightly or wrongly, that Rodgers may have had a bright future with us are kidding themselves.

How on earth could you have not? You'd have to be a very cool customer indeed to have been focussing on negatives as we swept all before us, in some style. Either a cool customer or a whine merchant. I don't mean that as a dig at Thompson nose by the way.

The first murmours of worry for me came when we signed Lambert. Even then it was hard to argue against given the outlay. Then the Remy deal fell through, Sanchez signed for Arsenal and the weeks went by until we went for Balotelli.

I wish I could say the rest is history but a lot of it is very much still in the present.

Rodgers has to go- FSG have the chance to prove the many doubters wrong by acting decisively.

Remains to be seen if they have what it takes but I wouldn't write the off entirely just yet

Freely admit i was on board the title train ( you couldn't call yourself a supporter and not be) and thought Rodgers was doing ok for the most part although we didn't strengthen the leaky defense in the Jan window which alarmed me . Looking back I wonder how much inspiration they got from Gerrard rather than Rodgers, You could see what it meant to him in those team huddles at the end of the season.

As for FSG they have missed any opportunity to act decisively . What they need to do is give their fucking heads a wobble , rip up the moneyball plan , get people in that know about football and  replace a manager that is never going to be trophy material with Klopp   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The money laundry gang, the robbers from within must fuck off asap.

Their disgusting policy of selling our best players to any buyer every season (Suarez, Sterling etc...) has set us back to transition and rebuilding process almost every summer.

Fuck off FSG, Hedge Fund Criminals with the creepy looking former woman and his miserable dogs, the fake scouser and the criminal YESman.