You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

I had an email from Burnham's campaigners asking if I'd voted and then who for. I didnt answer who I'd voted for.Is this not a bit wrong?

Ive just deleted the emails from candidates but told Corbyn I'd voted for him via his jeremyforlabour website.

Meanwhile, Yvette Cooper called on Corbyn to condemn suggestions by some of his supporters that they intended to purge those who did not believe in his policies from the party should their candidate win the contest.

Cooper said: “I am deeply troubled by those who say they want a victory for Jeremy to be the start of a process to deselect hard-working councillors or MPs they believe are too rightwing. Years of fractional battles have no place in our party – they would be a betrayal of Labour’s values and of those who depend on us to stand up for them. Jeremy and his campaign should condemn this kind of sectarianism that is being practised in their name.”

No need for a purge, they have already said they will leave;

Labour Party could split under Jeremy Corbyn, Yvette Cooper says

Ms Cooper said it was "very unlikely" she would serve in the shadow cabinet under Mr Corbyn.

Ms Kendall indicated she may be willing to join the Labour for the Common Good group, which also includes Chuka Umunna and Tristram Hunt, and is seen as a potential resistance faction against a Corbyn leadership.

Praising the group, she said: "It's a great idea. If I'm invited I would certainly go along."

Funny how they always talk about unity when they are making the decisions.

• Upvote 1

I had an email from Burnham's campaigners asking if I'd voted and then who for. I didnt answer who I'd voted for.Is this not a bit wrong?

I had that, thought it was a bit weird too, but happily obliged that Corbyn was my number 1 and number 2.

• Upvote 1

If he wins you're going to go on the blacklist. They'll send Labour Storm Troopers around, they'll have names like Pansy and Poppet with a big future in City of London PR, they'll douse you in Chai and stick a copy of the Independent up your arse. 

• Upvote 1

If Corbyn does succumb to a massive stitch up before or after the election, watch how the Labour Party membership evaporates and those duplicitous cunts end up talking to themselves.  They'll have about as much moral, political and intellectual credibility as the Lib Dem leadership.  

• Upvote 3

If Corbyn does succumb to a massive stitch up before or after the election, watch how the Labour Party membership evaporates and those duplicitous cunts end up talking to themselves.  They'll have about as much moral, political and intellectual credibility as the Lib Dem leadership.  

Agreed, this has all been a watershed moment IMO. 

• Upvote 1

If Corbyn does succumb to a massive stitch up before or after the election, watch how the Labour Party membership evaporates and those duplicitous cunts end up talking to themselves. They'll have about as much moral, political and intellectual credibility as the Lib Dem leadership.

Problem is that,us,the people are the real losers and the careerists dont skip a heartbeat and zero changes.

The Daily Heil has waded into this today with it's own forensic journalistic examination of Corbyn, by way of a piece imagining him destroying Britain in 1,000 days.

I wouldn't normally give credence to their remarks, but it's enjoyable light relief.

"The night sky over London was thick with choking black smoke, but in the hellish glow of the flames rising from a myriad burning buildings, the rioters, looters and demonstrators fighting on the city streets could just make out the United Nations helicopter taking Jeremy Corbyn away from 10 Downing Street to his retirement cottage in Ireland."

deranged-blu-review-header-graphic.png

• Upvote 4

The Daily Heil has waded into this today with it's own forensic journalistic examination of Corbyn, by way of a piece imagining him destroying Britain in 1,000 days.

I wouldn't normally give credence to their remarks, but it's enjoyable light relief.

"The night sky over London was thick with choking black smoke, but in the hellish glow of the flames rising from a myriad burning buildings, the rioters, looters and demonstrators fighting on the city streets could just make out the United Nations helicopter taking Jeremy Corbyn away from 10 Downing Street to his retirement cottage in Ireland."

deranged-blu-review-header-graphic.png

That sounds boss. 

"With former Prime Minister David Cameron sharing a cell in Strangeways with Purple Aki for child abandonment, his ex wife Samantha was last seen walking out of Section_31's house and asking a chemist for some bum cream."

• Upvote 1

Another day, another Corbyn policy adopted by Andy (The Man Is Not For Turning) Burnham. Andy now thinks we should tax rich people more.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/25/labour-should-be-ready-to-tax-rich-more-says-andy-burnham#comment-58125762

To steal a line from the Spectre teaser trailer - "You are a kite dancing in a hurricane, Mr Burnham."

You couldn't make this up. Well actually you could, because somebody at Labour HQ just has.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leadership-contest-party-now-fears-infiltration-by-bnp-supporters-10470069.html

Candidates in Labour’s leadership election will demand assurances on Tuesday that all 310,000 people who have signed up to vote will be vetted before the contest ends on 10 September – amid claims of infiltration by British National Party supporters.

Despite Labour’s claims that there are “robust” checks to stop “entryism” by supporters of other parties, The Independent has learned that there is growing concern in Labour circles that the party will run out of time and be unable to verify that all the new recruits share Labour’s values.

Tuesday's meeting between Harriet Harman, Labour’s acting leader, and the four candidates will be told by one campaign team that there is evidence that members of the BNP have paid £3 to become registered Labour supporters. Labour has already weeded out 3,000 people accused of backing left-wing groups who oppose Labour; the Greens; the Liberal Democrats or the Conservatives.....

It's all going to depend on how many votes Corbyn wins by to see if there is a legal challenge. He wins by a couple of thousand votes and I can't see how there won't be. He wins by twenty thousand and they'll stop talk of a legal challenge and just start undermining him at every opportunity.

Why is it against the rules to have voted for someone else but like the cut of JC's jib.

I voted SNP last time but would be very interested if JC can revitalize the  Labour Party. I consider myself a Labour supporter but not at the minute. Why should I be barred?

It's quite interesting what's happening. If you look at not just this, but the Greece 'bailout' situation, the mask has well and truly slipped these past few months.

If you go off the reservation at all, i.e by trying to instigate a policy or elect an official that doesn't get with the neo liberal programme, all hell will absolutely break loose until you  give up and settle for what you had. 

It's counter revolutionary by televeision. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Why is it against the rules to have voted for someone else but like the cut of JC's jib.

I voted SNP last time but would be very interested if JC can revitalize the  Labour Party. I consider myself a Labour supporter but not at the minute. Why should I be barred?

The point is they are talking about the labour leadership vote and not a General or by election. In either of the latter elections you can vote for who you like, in a party leader election only paying members get to vote. 

The point is they are talking about the labour leadership vote and not a General or by election. In either of the latter elections you can vote for who you like, in a party leader election only paying members get to vote. 

I think Anny makes a good point though, in the sense that why shouldn't you be allowed to register just to vote for a candidate who, for you, is the first one to come along in a long time who actually represents your views? It's amazing that that's being seen as a bad thing.