You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Thanks for noticing that I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Labour in this instance. Of course, that earlier vote was unwinnable, so the situations are not identical.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/brexiters-told-to-try-walking-away-with-no-deal-in-everyday-life-and-see-how-that-works-for-them-20181121179706?fbclid=IwAR1uLWm474TvV6L3PEulTOThjAV59CuX8gUH4WuQ2v4M-LmJNSleDXCXOsk

BREXITERS keen on leaving the EU with no deal have been told to try walking away without a deal in their personal transactions. 

Tory MPs, Daily Telegraph writers and ordinary Leave voters have agreed to threaten shopkeepers, train conductors and energy providers with walking away deal-free, which they are certain will be brilliant. 

Nathan Muir, from Birmingham, said: “The deal at Starbucks this morning was not in my interests, so I told them they needed me more than I needed them and left. Kept my money. Didn’t get a coffee though. 

“It was much the same story at lunchtime at Subway, and at Pret, and at Greggs. The woman there said to me ‘You’re not our only customer,’ which I felt was rude like the EU but I was too hungry to argue. 

“So it’s 7pm, I’m still in the city centre, I’m starving, I don’t know how I’m going to get home but I’ve still got some pocket change. If this is some kind of a metaphor then I don’t get it.” 

Passer-by Mary Fisher said: “Has he tried believing in himself? That’s meant to work.” 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Some valid points here.

To quote the Buddha "Don't be a cunt".

It's mighty hard though. A lot obviously have been taken in, curry house owners were promised by Priti Vacant that they'd get more staff from Bangladesh. But it's the fuckers that keep saying "we won, get over it" I have trouble sympathising with.

Found out last night that Steve Rotherham has asked May to provide him with the Brexit local impact assessment for the Merseyside area, and that May has refused to do so.

Local government and Metro Mayors flying blind because central government won’t provide them with information they need to feed into local planning.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Found out last night that Steve Rotherham has asked May to provide him with the Brexit local impact assessment for the Merseyside area, and that May has refused to do so.

That's because the Merseyside area will be poorer and have less rights. EU citizens in the UK will have more rights than UK citizens in the UK, I'm surprised Brexiteer heads haven't exploded over that one.

The CBI has inadvertently sent ITV News internal emails which highlight a difference between the confederation’s public views about the Brexit political declaration and those held inside the organisation.

The CBI’s Head of EU Negotiations, Nicole Sykes, argued there was “no need to give credit to negotiators I think, because it’s not a good deal.”

Just now, TheBitch said:

What's the score with passports?

When I travel to an EU country from next year will I have to fill in a visa and queue through the non-EU passenger line or will that only be when my burgundy passport runs out?

Not sure if it all stays the same until the end of the transition or if the 90 days out of 180 days kicks in from April the 1st. But you won't need a visa for just traveling.

44 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

What's the score with passports?

When I travel to an EU country from next year will I have to fill in a visa and queue through the non-EU passenger line or will that only be when my burgundy passport runs out?

Don't worry about it. You will be too poor to travel. 

Well, here's a massive surprise.  It seems Leave voters are much more likely than Remain voters to believe racist and stupid conspiracy theories.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-voters-immigration-muslims-islam-leave-remain-yougov-survey-trump-a8648586.html?fbclid=IwAR2mjkAVHkKMXLP9udVJVBYG6C7DH1hq6D2e7WalzuYZSxM1oj6GAJe54gU

On 11/23/2018 at 6:48 PM, magicrat said:

What a fucking abortion this has become. A cunt of a PM that is stubborn as a mule and won't see sense and an opposition leader that won't lift a finger to say enough is enough. 

Yep. It's almost like none of them are really taking it seriously and just think they're playing in the apprentice or something. 

So the EU once again tell everyone listening that the agreed deal is the best it gets if leaving. Are our politicians now going to be honest with the public or we just going to sink into oblivion whilst the Tories bullshit their way to a split and Corbyn & McDonell bullshit their way to an election in a bankrupted country?

• Upvote 2