You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

He wont take less than his current £150k a week, £7.8m a year, and he has three and a half years left, or around £27.3m, on his contract.

Why would City and Chelsea, the very clubs that binned him because of his attitude, not talent, rehire him?

We have a very expensive cones and bibs man on our hands for some while yet.

He didn't leave City because of his attitude, you've said this a couple of times. City bent over backwards to try and keep him.

Two major knee injuries now is it? Reckon we'd be more mad not to consider selling if Klopp has one of his own players in mind.

I think one or two of us hinted at Ings poor recent injury record when Rodgers once again splurged on another English player.

Having said this,I would risk holding on to Ings as I think he deserves a chance or two and may get on well with Klopp due to a good hardworking attitude,which seems at a premium at our club lately.

I'd sell Ings as well.

Big injury, chances are he'll be stop/start for the next 18 months with subsequent niggles.

He's got a full preseason to have if you're talking about problems getting back to fitness. Ruud van Nistlrooy is the shining example for cruciate recoverees so you can never say how he's going to turn out.

Must be true if it's in the Sunday Mirror.

Yeah, at the very most someone at the club has told the journo that Klopp's getting to the end of his tether with Sturridge and that's lead to a conversation about how much he might fetch if he were sold. For me the very idea that anyone would pay a fee for a player that's played a handful of games in the last 18 months is absurd. And, even if Sturridge did manage to get through a medical, how would any club prepared to take him know that he wouldn't just cry off with some pain somewhere the minute it looked like he might have to play in an actual match.

I think the most likely outcome is that we get a small loan fee for him from somewhere, probably abroad, where Liverpool also pay his wages every week he doesn't play. Like Joe Cole, that will be the arrangement until his contract with us runs out. He will probably also mysteriously start being available for more and more games the closer that contract gets to ending.

No one is going to pay 25 million quid for a footballer that doesn't play football

Not up front anyway . You might get a deal where we get paid in installments on a pay as he plays basis but unless you can cleanly offload him there is no point . That just won't happen.

I'd sell Ings as well.

Big injury, chances are he'll be stop/start for the next 18 months with subsequent niggles.

It's a crying shame he got injured. I'm sure we'd have a fair few more points if he's stayed fit.

When he had the repair op on the torn ACL in October I remember the news was positive that he had a chance of playing again this season as there was no ancillary damage but he did an interview last month saying that he had been advised that he should wait until next season.

I think one or two of us hinted at Ings poor recent injury record when Rodgers once again splurged on another English player.

Having said this,I would risk holding on to Ings as I think he deserves a chance or two and may get on well with Klopp due to a good hardworking attitude,which seems at a premium at our club lately.

His fee hasnt been decided by a tribunal yet last I heard so there was no splurging of anything by anyone.

Inge looked brilliant for us before he got injured. Any talk of wanting to sell him is ridiculous. As for Sturbridge, we need to keep him from playing for the rest of the season. Write it off and let him mend properly. On his day (when fit) he is one of the best strikers around. He needs to be properly managed back to fitness. 

Pardon me,for presuming will will not pay way over a players value. I mean,we never do this kind of thing at all,do we?

Your implied apology is accepted. I really dont know what sad point you're trying to make by widening your comments to now included every other overpriced fucker we've bought.

We cant overpay for ings because a tribunal will decide his price. Ergo, we wont or havent 'splurged' anything on him.

People who turn up to work 1 out of every 8 weeks, if that, but constantly go on social media to tell everyone what they are up to, rubbing their excessive wages and lifestyle in the people's faces who pay for them.

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread. I thought this was instant cunt identifiers.

• Upvote 2