You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

Do I need to put my theories in spoilers even  though they're just theories? Can't do tags on this Mac for some reason. 

Anyway. I'll put it below. 

I suspect Kylo and Dassy are Solo and Leia's kids and Han dies at Kylo's hands. That's why they've both got the force as they're Anakin's grandkids. I also wonder if Fin is Lando's kid, as none of the merchandise features a second name. 

I think Daisy and Kylo being related has been mooted for a while still remains to be seen whether it's brother and sister or cousins.

Finn being Lando's son would be a bit too meta.

I think Daisy and Kylo being related has been mooted for a while still remains to be seen whether it's brother and sister or cousins.

Finn being Lando's son would be a bit too meta.

Yeah, I was just curious as to why there was no mention of his second name. I never read the book but I'm sure one of Han's kids went slightly off the rails.

Do I need to put my theories in spoilers even though they're just theories? Can't do tags on this Mac for some reason.

Anyway. I'll put it below.

I suspect Kylo and Dassy are Solo and Leia's kids and Han dies at Kylo's hands. That's why they've both got the force as they're Anakin's grandkids. I also wonder if Fin is Lando's kid, as none of the merchandise features a second name.

Jacen and Jaina?

Jacen becomes Darth Caedus.

Ah.

Well I certainly think they've based a lot of the new film loosely on the books.

Fin's stormtrooper is almost identical to a book called allegiance, where four stormtroopers refuse orders to burn down a village and become like an intergalactic A team.

The first order also sounds like the imperial remnant.

In the heir to the empire trilogy there is also a dark version of Luke who has been cloned from the original's severed hand. I wonder if that could be a story element too.

Ah.

Well I certainly think they've based a lot of the new film loosely on the books.

Fin's stormtrooper is almost identical to a book called allegiance, where four stormtroopers refuse orders to burn down a village and become like an intergalactic A team.

The first order also sounds like the imperial remnant.

In the heir to the empire trilogy there is also a dark version of Luke who has been cloned from the original's severed hand. I wonder if that could be a story element too.

I hope they have because it keeps a good timeline going.

Jacen is a far more complex character than Anakin or Luke as he believed in both sides of the force and not just one.

If they are following that angle then I am very happy with that.

Quite fancy reading some of the Star Wars novels but there are so many of them that I don't know where to start, other than the beginning. It's made even harder with the consideration of what is or isn't considered official canon. Thought I might just pick out odd collections and story arcs - any suggestions?

Quite fancy reading some of the Star Wars novels but there are so many of them that I don't know where to start, other than the beginning. It's made even harder with the consideration of what is or isn't considered official canon. Thought I might just pick out odd collections and story arcs - any suggestions?

Heir to the empire trilogy mate, trust me.

• Upvote 1

In fact Karl, if you want them if you're happy to bung me a few quid for postage I'll send you the three books.

Bought them second hand a few months ago and they'll only sit gathering dust I guess.

Let me know.

I had the graphic novels too, they're ace.

I had the graphic novels too, they're ace.

Yeah I might get round to checking them out, Thrawn is such a good character.

Hoping that there's a chance that's who Benico Del Toro has been cast as in Episode 8 as he's confirmed he's a villain.

I think he would play the part fairly well, not that it will happen. Just feels that the EU will not be used. Mara Jade and Thrawn would be good calls

I'm not sure some of the expanded universe stuff would work in a JJ Abrams film as it's often pretty deep. Thrawn for example is an extremely complex character. Neither villain nor hero, more like Sherlock Holmes than Vader. What Abrams proved with the star trek reboots is that deep shit isn't his forte, they're like cartoon versions of spock and kirk. That's no bad thing for a star wars film though, as long as it's done right.

I'm not sure some of the expanded universe stuff would work in a JJ Abrams film as it's often pretty deep. Thrawn for example is an extremely complex character. Neither villain nor hero, more like Sherlock Holmes than Vader. What Abrams proved with the star trek reboots is that deep shit isn't his forte, they're like cartoon versions of spock and kirk. That's no bad thing for a star wars film though, as long as it's done right.

I'd have to agree with the Sherlock Holmes comparison Sech, in picking clues when engaging/planning strategies for battles but he definitely was a villain in wanting to crush wipe out the rebellion and restore the Empire, just not for his own personal gain/glory is all.

The treatment of the Noghri folk one example.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to agree with the Sherlock Holmes comparison Sech, in picking clues when engaging/planning strategies for battles but he definitely was a villain in wanting to crush wipe out the rebellion and restore the Empire, just not for his own personal gain/glory is all. The treatment of the Noghri folk one example.

Yeah true. I just read a description of him once which said he felt the rebellions was simply 'a problem that needed to be solved'. He'd been picked to be an imperial admiral and as far as he was concerned it was his duty to defeat them.

There were examples though of where he deliberately avoided unnecessary bloodshed. He's just an awesome character.

'Do not presume to dictate to me Mara Jade, not even in private.'