You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Palace

Paco

who starts v Palace?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

He can fucking take them for all the fucking use they are.

Whilst you are right about them being useless. Someone has to do the job. I think he should go but can't see who would come at this stage of the season.

Sometimes a Manager goes and there is an old head, either senior player or other figure, who has links to the club which are wider than the Manager. Other than Kenny and Gerrard, we have none.

Couldn't see anyone of quality leaving their cub in November/December. can't see either kenny or Gerrard being able to step up

I've always backed Rodgers but its almost becoming untenable. 4 defeats in a row and I cannot see where the next win is coming. We look like we are heading for a relegation fight. After spending over 100 million. Its just unbelievable. 

The frightening thing is that we have actually got more points on the board than we probably even deserve. We poxed the wins over Southampton and QPR. The performance level this season has been that of a team going down. Thats the worry. In his first season you could see that he was trying to implement something even if it wasn't clicking. Now its just staid, defeatist, slow. Everything we weren't last season. I just cannot believe how it has flipped like this.

Its about way more than Sturridge coming back now. I cannot see him turning it around. He looks lost. His job is on the line and he won't change things up. He looks like a man consigned to his fate. Fucking hell.

Fucking mental ain't it?

You sum it all up very well.

Whilst you are right about them being useless. Someone has to do the job. I think he should go but can't see who would come at this stage of the season.

Sometimes a Manager goes and there is an old head, either senior player or other figure, who has links to the club which are wider than the Manager. Other than Kenny and Gerrard, we have none.

Couldn't see anyone of quality leaving their cub in November/December. can't see either kenny or Gerrard being able to step up

Benitez would, he would bail out on Napoli mid match if he got the call.

"Hapless manager"

"Get rid, hasn't got a scooby"

Wow.

Yeah, we've been fucking awful this season and he needs to turn it around quickly.

But can we have a sense of perspective please?

He took us to the last game of the season, still with a chance of winning the title. Got us playing some of the best football the club has seen for 20 years. Managed to win 13 games on the bounce and brought back hope of us lifting the title.

Yeah, that was last season, but to call him "hapless" and say he hasn't got a "scooby". Fuckin turn it in.

• Upvote 2

If that's how you feel mate, dont have a problem with it.

Zonkoville and nogogswilly are two of the biggest chicken shits though. Can imagine them walking out at the Attaturk at half time.

I was at the Attaturk you shitstain. I was also at loss to Blackburn under the owl. It works both ways. I'm still entitled to call our manager out for being an idiot which he is being at the moment.

I'm also entitled to call you a donkey shagging cunt bucket.

• Upvote 4

"Hapless manager"

Wow.

Yeah, we've been fucking awful this season and he needs to turn it around quickly.

He took us to the last game of the season, still with a chance of winning the title. Got us playing some of the best football the club has seen for 20 years. Managed to win 13 games on the bounce and brought back hope of us lifting the title.

Yeah, that was last season, but to call him "hapless" and say he hasn't got a "scooby". Fuckin turn it in.

Nope.

Suarez, the best payer in the world last season, and a veritable force of nature, nearly got us over the line. We were regularly diabolical in the same departments last season too.

Many on here just chose to go with it because we had the best player in the world doing Rodgers job for him.

But some were not taken in...

Nice teeth.

"Hapless manager"

Wow.

I'm the one who reckons he hasn't got a scooby. Last season against, for example, Stoke City we won 5-3 and i was fucking fuming with Rodgers. The team had no plan except let SAS score, that was it. Fortunately they were a machine and did so but the rest of the team barring Sterling and one or two others on occasion were dreadful. If Rodgers had set up the team to defend just a tad above average we'd have walked the league but he didn't and this year he has spent a fortune, money that if spent on those who live around Anfield and are being forced to move away, could have done some good, rather than be given to over privileged under performing players and greedy agents. 

I was a Rodgers fan but he has been found out. If I'm wrong I'll quite cheerfully apologise with no harm done, if not well we are fucked.

If Pardew survived the shitstorm then Rodgers should too. Mind you, Pardew's season was abysmal since the mid of last season. It's arguable that he didn't spend in the summer window, but Rodgers has only made us look trash for like 3 months.

Pardew is working for probably the worst owner in the history of football.

Maybe the 2nd worst...

He gets regularly railroaded by Ashley selling from under him all the time and guess what?

He bounces back with another well constructed team. For relative shrapnel compared to our spend. We are a fucking joke ith transfers. Wasteful, profligate and totally lacking in imagination..

Unpopular to praise him on here i guess.

But he knows what he's doing.

He's a good football manager.

Maybe the 2nd worst...

He gets regularly railroaded by Ashley selling from under him all the time and guess what?

He bounces back with another well constructed team. For relative shrapnel compared to our spend. We are a fucking joke ith transfers. Wasteful, profligate and totally lacking in imagination..

Have to agree. Pardew for all his faults as a bloke is a pretty good manager who grasps the basics of the game.

Maybe the 2nd worst...

I really don't think that anyone would have said the Newcastle team was well-constructed when everyone was holding the Pardew Out & Ashley Out signs. Now that they are on a 5 game streak, suddenly everything seems rosy and "Pardew is a great manager.. Cisse is at his best.." bs start to come out again. My point is, if they can bounce back, I'm sure we can too. There has to be a point where the only way is up and someone will step up. Sterling did that for us at the start, now it's someone else's turn.