You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle East Thread

Red Phoenix

Not as stupid as someone calling a Jewish PM a Nazi though.

Irrespective of the failings of Netanyahu, or others, it really is the most crassly stupid and insensitive comment.

I caught the end of an episode of The World at War yesterday. They were bulldozing skeletal corpses into a mass grave. Anyone who compares Israel to the Nazis is either ignorant or trying to provoke, it really is that simple.

Irrespective of the failings of Netanyahu, or others, it really is the most crassly stupid and insensitive comment.

I caught the end of an episode of The World at War yesterday. They were bulldozing skeletal corpses into a mass grave. Anyone who compares Israel to the Nazis is either ignorant or trying to provoke, it really is that simple.

The Palestinian \ Israeli  situation is a very difficult one created by the end of WW2 and the UN Mandate in 1949. Its clearly wrong the treatment dished out to Palestinians. We sit in our comfortable houses and dont see the daily toils that both Palestinians and Israeli's live under and blame one side or the other.

The best solution is to sit down and talk but humans being humans we tend to fight instead.

I dont profess to know what the solution is other than the UN must find some land for the Palestinians to live their lives. One hopes that could lead to peace in the middle East but things are never that simple.

As for someone calling any Jewish person a 'nazi,' wel, its just plain stupid but its what Ive come to expect from certain posters. We all post stupid stuff in the heat of the moment. Well, most of us do.

Horrific.  But dehumanising and brutalising a whole state, humiliating the population, preventing their free movement and their access to nutrition, education, electricity, heating, hospital supplies, stealing their land, and murdering them with impunity is today's way.  No comeback from the West, no-one else dares to intervene, and no-one, it would appear, to save these people.  

and all done by Israel.  Along with ISIS, the blight on the world.

• Upvote 1

I dont profess to know what the solution is other than the UN must find some land for the Palestinians to live their lives.

The UN found plenty of land for the Palestinians in 1947, unfortunately it wasn't enough for them. Everything that has happened since then, the whole sad desperate situation, stems from those simple origins.

• Downvote 1

Rachel Corrie was unavailable for comment. Quite literally.

• Upvote 1

The UN found plenty of land for the Palestinians in 1947, unfortunately it wasn't enough for them. Everything that has happened since then, the whole sad desperate situation, stems from those simple origins.

Certain UN Mandates didnt get sufficient support. Its a very difficult situation.

I have already suggested moving Israel to Wyoming.  

I think you'll find Jewish people lived in what became known as Palestine a long time before Wyoming came into existence by a few thousand years. And I think you'll find it was European Jewish people who flooded into Palestine at the end of WW2 not americans.

Certain UN Mandates didnt get sufficient support. Its a very difficult situation.

I think you'll find Jewish people lived in what became known as Palestine a long time before Wyoming came into existence by a few thousand years.

It was all relatively peaceful until they got given a state.  Israel is the problem.  

Lawrence of Arabia promised all kinds,on behalf of the UK Government,in 1918 and then did a massive u turn. The hostility was planted before 1947 but it helped light the blue touchpaper.

How much of that 1947 land do Palestine still have control of now?

The irony of calling a Jewish PM a 'nazi,' you couldnt make such shit up. Unless you're a halocaust denier.

Are you saying that there can never be a jewish nazis?

How is calling a jew a nazis equal to being a holocaust denier?

You know who suffered a heck of a lot more under the Nazis than the Jews? Soviet Russia did and yet they have fairly substantial amounts of Neo Nazis who openly adore Adolf Hitler.

The first prisoners gassed at Auschwitz were Soviet P.O.W's.

1.5 - 3 million soviet P.O.W's were killed in labour, extermination and prisoner camps through out the war and Soviet total dead 13.8 million 

Hitlers holocaust against the slavs/russians/Ukrainians etc was on a far grander scale and had lot more potential victims in creating the Lebensraum that the Germans wanted to create.

So if a people who suffered more than Jews can adore Hitler, why do you find it incomprehensible that a jew could be a Nazis or that one could be compared to a Nazis?

Its funny that you should call people stupid for calling Jews Nazis and yet a professor and son of holocaust survivors (parents were in the warsaw ghetto uprising) has done exactly that on numerous occasions.

I know this is going to be unpopular as people really dont like hearing the truth, but there can and will be no peace in the middle east until one of the sides has been resettled or virtually exterminated. Too much hatred and blood shed.

How anyone at the UN believed that creating a brand new state on some of the most scared land to Christians, Jews & Muslims, and that said land had been under Muslim control for nigh on 1,300 years (with some time taken out for the crusaders) was a good fucking idea, I will never know.

The UN should of gone with an old Nazis plan of settling the Jews on Madagascar. 

Even though Nazis reports suggested the island could only support around 6,000 families and yet the population today stands at 22 million, 3x more than Israels' current population.

Two of the greatest fuck ups in modern international history happened directly after WW2.

F.D.R and then Truman thinking that they could handle Stalin and not going along with Churchills plan to attack Soviet Russia once Germany had surrendered. Leads to the formation of the eastern bloc, cuban missile crisis, korean war, vietnam being such a shit fest, angola and all the other cold war conflicts and most importantly of all in todays current climate, the formation of al-Qaeda.

The formation of Israel in Palestine.

Are you saying that there can never be a jewish nazis?

How is calling a jew a nazis equal to being a holocaust denier?

You know who suffered a heck of a lot more under the Nazis than the Jews? Soviet Russia did and yet they have fairly substantial amounts of Neo Nazis who openly adore Adolf Hitler.

The first prisoners gassed at Auschwitz were Soviet P.O.W's.

1.5 - 3 million soviet P.O.W's were killed in labour, extermination and prisoner camps through out the war and Soviet total dead 13.8 million 

Hitlers holocaust against the slavs/russians/Ukrainians etc was on a far grander scale and had lot more potential victims in creating the Lebensraum that the Germans wanted to create.

So if a people who suffered more than Jews can adore Hitler, why do you find it incomprehensible that a jew could be a Nazis or that one could be compared to a Nazis?

Its funny that you should call people stupid for calling Jews Nazis and yet a professor and son of holocaust survivors (parents were in the warsaw ghetto uprising) has done exactly that on numerous occasions.

I know this is going to be unpopular as people really dont like hearing the truth, but there can and will be no peace in the middle east until one of the sides has been resettled or virtually exterminated. Too much hatred and blood shed.

How anyone at the UN believed that creating a brand new state on some of the most scared land to Christians, Jews & Muslims, and that said land had been under Muslim control for nigh on 1,300 years (with some time taken out for the crusaders) was a good fucking idea, I will never know.

The UN should of gone with an old Nazis plan of settling the Jews on Madagascar. 

Even though Nazis reports suggested the island could only support around 6,000 families and yet the population today stands at 22 million, 3x more than Israels' current population.

Two of the greatest fuck ups in modern international history happened directly after WW2.

F.D.R and then Truman thinking that they could handle Stalin and not going along with Churchills plan to attack Soviet Russia once Germany had surrendered. Leads to the formation of the eastern bloc, cuban missile crisis, korean war, vietnam being such a shit fest, angola and all the other cold war conflicts and most importantly of all in todays current climate, the formation of al-Qaeda.

The formation of Israel in Palestine.

Some crazy stuff in there bordering on a rant. Yes, Im saying its stupid calling a jewish person a nazi. Do I believe a jewish person can be a nazi? No I dont.

How is calling a jewish person a nazi equal to being a halocaust denier? Er, what!?

Do I know who suffered a lot more under the nazi's? Yes, russian people had atrocities. The whole world recognises the halocaust on the grounds of race and religious belief.

As I have said before, people need to talk. The State of Israel was founded on an influx of European Jewish people not americans so why people like you have an obsession with Americans, goodness only knows. Why should European Jewish people or even Palestinians for that matter and even those who lived in Palestine be shipped to madagascar?

You're entitled to your view there will be no peace in the middle east (you seem to think the middle east is just an Israel and Palestine question) until one side is relocated or exterminated (how apt) but I think you're wrong. But hey.

I don't agree.  

We disagree. The problem wont go away even if the State of Israel disappeared in a puff of smoke at 12 midnight.

Some crazy stuff in there bordering on a rant. Yes, Im saying its stupid calling a jewish person a nazi. Do I believe a jewish person can be a nazi? No I dont.

How is calling a jewish person a nazi equal to being a halocaust denier? Er, what!?

Do I know who suffered a lot more under the nazi's? Yes, russian people had atrocities. The whole world recognises the halocaust on the grounds of race and religious belief.

As I have said before, people need to talk. The State of Israel was founded on an influx of European Jewish people not americans so why people like you have an obsession with Americans, goodness only knows. Why should European Jewish people or even Palestinians for that matter and even those who lived in Palestine be shipped to madagascar?

You're entitled to your view there will be no peace in the middle east (you seem to think the middle east is just an Israel and Palestine question) until one side is relocated or exterminated (how apt) but I think you're wrong. But hey.

We disagree. The problem wont go away even if the State of Israel disappeared in a puff of smoke at 12 midnight.

I guess that depends on your definition of the problem.  But for me, moving the state of Israel our of the area has the greatest chance of removing the problem.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The irony of calling a Jewish PM a 'nazi,' you couldnt make such shit up. Unless you're a halocaust denier.

That's ridiculous. Nazism was a fascistic political ideology and far-right party political movement. The Jews are an ethnocultural group of people. He's not a Nazi, he's a Revisionist Zionist, a facistic political ideology and a far right political movement. Not much irony, just a word meaning something similar. A distinction with little difference.

Then again, maybe I'm just a Holocaust denier?

That's ridiculous. Nazism was a fascistic political ideology and far-right party political movement. The Jews are an ethnocultural group of people. He's not a Nazi, he's a Revisionist Zionist, a facistic political ideology and a far right political movement. Not much irony, just a word meaning something similar. A distinction with little difference.

Then again, maybe I'm just a Holocaust denier?

You clearly hate Jews.

I guess that depends on your definition of the problem.  But for me, moving the state of Israel our of the area has the greatest chance of removing the problem.  

That scenario isnt going to happen. As I said, Jewish people have lived there for thousand's of years. Even in Palestine, there were Jewish people living there. The State of Israel was created by an influx of European Jewish people so the obsession with America is pretty baseless.

In the absence of the impossible happening (relocation or moving of the Jewish homeland to some unrelated part of the planet), all sides need to talk. Im not denying there are bad deeds being done by the State of Israel. Equally, there are some bad deeds being done in the name of Palstine.

The only resolution we can hope for and work for is to talk.

People saying oh the soviets lost 20 million people should never be glossed over. But neither should it be used in some rant attempting to make profess a greater cause than another.