You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

It's very sad really...

He's adored at Liverpool, and even a largely reluctant rival fan base has to concede he's brilliant to watch and rightly earned player of the season. He turned it all around incredibly.

Everything going for him. Finally getting the credit for his football, scoring like there's no tomorrow...

If he'd just kept his nose clean (and teeth out of things) and had another season like the last one, he'd be create a new debate (messi vs ronaldo vs suarez).

The lad didn't know what he had.

Find it so difficult to know when you're taking the piss. Fair play to you.

• Upvote 2

I don't really see how we can do anything - can we?

But hopefully Uruguay will do it for us.

You'd have to think Urugauy won't take this lieing down, even on his behalf.

The minimum ban or violent conduct of three games would have ended Luis' involvement in the WC. International friendlies count, so he should be available for the latter qualifying stages of the confederations cup anyway. So I don't see hat they will be that arsed about appealing.

And that is what is so unfair.

LFC, an innocent party, is the one punished most heavily.

It's very sad really...

He's adored at Liverpool, and even a largely reluctant rival fan base has to concede he's brilliant to watch and rightly earned player of the season. He turned it all around incredibly.

Everything going for him. Finally getting the credit for his football, scoring like there's no tomorrow...

If he'd just kept his nose clean (and teeth out of things) and had another season like the last one, he'd be create a new debate (messi vs ronaldo vs suarez).

The lad didn't know what he had.

Jesus. Come on! 'he didn't know what he had'? He's not dead. He's still freaking got whatever it is he 'had'. He just can't use it for four months.

I've got to be honest Im a bit sick of the drama that comes with him now. He's an unbelievable player but fuck me where is the line drawn. Can we trust him not to do something stupid once again. We have some luck this club Jesus Christ. Fuck all to do with us tthis tournament and yet we walk away paying wages to a fucking football savant for 4 months and he can't even train. He can be a fucking groundsman or a canteen lady.

HIs value is probably capped at 30-40m now, Too much history.

Nah, I think other clubs will try and use this to lower the price, but they'll still fork out 60+ for a player of that talent, regardless of his antics. He's class, and a winner, and other clubs will put clauses in his contract to mitigate his behaviour (plus they'll reckon they can 'manage his behaviour' better).

They'll probably see his ban as a nice way of having him fresh for January. It won't bother them, or put them off IMO.

I've got to be honest Im a bit sick of the drama that comes with him now. He's an unbelievable player but fuck me where is the line drawn. Can we trust him not to do something stupid once again. We have some luck this club Jesus Christ. Fuck all to do with us tthis tournament and yet we walk away paying wages to a fucking football savant for 4 months and he can't even train. He can be a fucking groundsman or a canteen lady.

He's not allowed to enter a football stadium at all.

Find it so difficult to know when you're taking the piss. Fair play to you.

Ha - I'm serious! he DID manage to turn around a lot of bad press and became player of the year. He was on fire on the pitch, and opposition fans even having to admit the guy is phenomenal. EVERYTHING going his way for a change - then this. Daft lad.

The minimum ban or violent conduct of three games would have ended Luis' involvement in the WC. International friendlies count, so he should be available for the latter qualifying stages of the confederations cup anyway. So I don't see hat they will be that arsed about appealing.

And that is what is so unfair.

LFC, an innocent party, is the one punished most heavily.

Yeah but that assumes that Uruguay only concern is his involvement in this world cup, which I don't think will be the case.  They'll surely appeal on his behalf - he's the biggest star in their country, and they've always seemed to support him before. I'll be amazed if they just accept it.

Jesus. Come on! 'he didn't know what he had'? He's not dead. He's still freaking got whatever it is he 'had'. He just can't use it for four months.

I'm not on about his talent, it's about finally getting some good PR which raised his profile in a positive way. Another season of good behaviour and great play might have had him getting into the realms of Messi and Ronaldo prestige. He had that, and now he's back to square one again.

I'm not on about his talent, it's about finally getting some good PR which raised his profile in a positive way. Another season of good behaviour and great play might have had him getting into the realms of Messi and Ronaldo prestige. He had that, and now he's back to square one again.

Fair enough.

How is it possible for the rules to be set up that a party that is not involved can be punished, but because the party is not involved it can not appeal?

Surely we can force the issue on the above point and at least appeal his four month total ban.

• Upvote 2

Shocked at the club aspect. Surely CAS is an option for the club?

Jim Boyce is a Catholic, former chairman of Cliftonville, a Catholic club - he wouldn't be wearing a sash, just for your information like.

Jim Boyce would have been chairman of Cliftonville when it was under Protestant ownership. Cliftonville (the area) used to be an affluent Protestant & Jewish district of Belfast until the troubles & most of them left due to rampant sectarian intimidation & threats to their lives.

It's not that long since Cliftonville became a members club & I believe Boyce still has an honorary position at the club.

Jim Boyce is a Catholic, former chairman of Cliftonville, a Catholic club - he wouldn't be wearing a sash, just for your information like.

Good. If he's wearing a sash we'll have something to lynch him with.

Another season of good behaviour and great play might have had him getting into the realms of Messi and Ronaldo prestige. He had that, and now he's back to square one again.

Agree with that, but even if he had done nothing wrong the English press were still going to give him a good going over for his goals against England when he arrives back.