You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

I'm sure the FA would love to ban him, but for the same reason players can play Internationals when they're banned domestically, he can't be banned for something he does in a totally different competition. So that's nice.

Indeed it is.

LFC will be under pressure to take action. Do you think we will?

I really wish he'd stop biting people.

• Upvote 1

The FA can't ban him for something he did in a competition that has nothing to do with them. That's why Suarez's last ban for Ajax didn't carry over to us. There's no change of any ban for Suarez in domestic competition, which seemed to be what Funnneeee's post was all about.

Suarez was banned in November for Ajax, I think his ban was spent by the time he joined us.

I agree that international, and domestic, bans are separate, and should remain so.

If Suarez is banned for the rest of the WC tournament the punishment to the player, and team, is much more severe than any debate on how many irrelevant games he should be banned for.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Indeed it is.

Nope. Fucking stupid if we do. Nothing to do with us.

Well, it clearly is something to do with us. We've got player on our books who is a serial biter, regardless of what competitions he happens to be biting in. I'd be very surprised if we carry on as if nothing has happened. Be amusing if we did, though.

Indeed it is.

I really wish he'd stop biting people.

We should put a big, self-servingly sympathetic arm around his shoulder and announce that we will be paying for him to receive psychiatric help with the aim of controlling this impulse.

Apologies if it's already been posted. FIFA can ban him from all football activities. I'd still be astonished if they did. Rulings can be passed down from FIFA to UEFA to the FA. 

That has to be requested. So the FA would have to request it.

We should put a big, self-servingly sympathetic arm around his shoulder and announce that we will be paying for him to receive psychiatric help with the aim of controlling this impulse.

Yep.

Maybe bring his childhood into it and that mean kid from across his street with the Dracula obsession.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Suarez was banned in November for Ajax, I think his ban was spent by the time he joined us.

Nope. He got a seven game ban (although he played in Europe for Ajax after) which meant he was banned until at least February 13th (including that game against De Graafschap on the 4th), so he only served 6 of those games and played for us on the 2nd of Feb. They can't even carry bans from Domestic to European at club level, let alone from International to Club.

I think we should take action.  But not by banning him, by giving the help he clearly needs.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think we should take action.  But not by banning him, by giving the help he clearly needs.

Yeah, I said the same yesterday. I meant that what he did in the international match shouldn't be punished by us.

You know these organisations like to experiment (FA) with rules on us.  It would not surprise me one bit if Fifa banned him for us as well.

Let's not get paranoid about it. If FIFA give him a total ban it will be for their own reasons not a dig at LFC. Employing a complete nutter, however brilliant , comes with risks attached. We could have sold him to Arsenal but took a risk on keeping him.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I said the same yesterday. I meant that what he did in the international match shouldn't be punished by us.

Sorry haven't read the whole thread, I agree.