You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman (World Cup Special)

Guest davelfc

Guest davelfc

As it's a crime punishable by death, (often commuted to having to read a thread by Simon) to mention football in the GF, I decided we should place the many moans and groans, misunderstandings and musings of the opposite sex in here for the duration of the world cup.

Not funny but, I was at the dentist yesterday getting a filling, as the first injection failed I had to sit there while the second one started to work.

Speaking to the lovely assistant about football, specifically the world cup. Fair enough she stated she hated football and especially the world cup. "It goes on for ages doesn't it, like until September" and "a friend explained it to me, there's 4 groups and they all play each other once" 

I cleared up that it lasts for 4 weeks, with less and less games as the competition progresses and that as it was only every four weeks every four years, it took up a lot less time than say Wimbledon. 

You might want to use that one as all I have heard is women moaning like fuck about the world cup being on tv all of the time. 

Good luck though.

Guest davelfc

It seems that the age old belief that women don't understand the off-side rule is true.

Only 30 per cent of the 1133 women polled claimed to understand it. Welsh women had the least knowledge about the rules with just 17 per cent saying they could recite them. 

Over a third of women think that there’s too much football on television, particularly 18-24 year olds (39 per cent) and women of 55 years and over (39 per cent).

Regionally, Scottish women were the least interested in watching football with just 18 percent saying they would be following the World Cup.

The World Cup didn’t appear to affect women’s schedules with only one per cent stating they had altered their holiday plans to fit in around matches.  

Mrs. So who are holland? Who have Liverpool had from there.

Me. Kuyt etc

Mrs. So they are the Dutch? But Germany is Deutschland? Wow that's confusing so who are the Netherlands? Norway?

So.... You married a moron.  You have my sympathies.

One of the joys of living and working in Liverpool is that there are plenty of women who know and care all about football.  When I think of the majority of women I choose to spend any time with, the whole premise of this hackneyed thread falls on its arse.

Guest davelfc

So.... You married a moron.  You have my sympathies.

One of the joys of living and working in Liverpool is that there are plenty of women who know and care all about football.  When I think of the majority of women I choose to spend any time with, the whole premise of this hackneyed thread falls on its arse.

You got a problem with me? This thread is to avoid football on the GF.

If you have problem with me then PM me and let's get it sorted. 

Guest davelfc

time of the month?

I was thinking the same, FFS when you try to be reasonable and ask to take any potential problems to PM, it gets this response.

Maybe I need to fuck off again.

So.... You married a moron. You have my sympathies.

One of the joys of living and working in Liverpool is that there are plenty of women who know and care all about football. When I think of the majority of women I choose to spend any time with, the whole premise of this hackneyed thread falls on its arse.

You are lucky as this is not typical,i reckon.

My missus understands the basics but not really much in the way of specifics. Despite attending a few big games back in the 70s.

More of a rant bud didnt want to put footy on the gf

How fucking annoying is it when women are all of a sudden huge football fans and experts. Im not talking about kalasoma/cath/melons because they are genuine but these fucking women who are at the very least nonchalant about the game all of a sudden have england shirts and see watching the game as some sort of fucking social event.

Screaming in pubs like fucking idiots, making it harder to get a drink/watch the game because they are as close to the big screen as possible so people can see how big a 'supporter' they are.

Oy bitch, who was in englands qualifying group?

Fucking ruined it for me im staying in for the whole thing

Back in the day I used to love how women suddenly got into football during tournaments. They get massively over-excited and forget that they can't drink solidly during a build-up and match. Euro 96 was a total shagfest

Agreed. France 98 too was excellent for this.

when I go the pub to see the game or go the match I don't want fucking dickhead women there who slag the footy off any other time. The faux celebrations/outrage/despair pisses me right cunting fucking off. 

If England get further than the 1st round I will end up watching it in the pub, more than likely a 1/4 final defeat and I swear the first girl I see crying over it will be getting swilled 

I'm getting angry just thinking about it. worse than fucking daytrippers