You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

No Rodgers has my support but when a fortune is spent on the defence and it looks clueless it will be commented on. Anyway football is all about results and if I want Rodgers out which I don't at present. I have heard helicopters are cheap to parade banners. I will start a thread to ask everyone to chip in for said banner, hopefully it will not come to that. The money we have spent should keep us as one of the better teams in the league so a 3rd/4th place is on the cards.

I hope the helicopter and banner are cheap as I can't see the collection going that well

So the trick is to ask for a collection for me to leave, but really use it for a banner, good stuff.

No membership of TLW is top top top value and I  recommend you all get accounts, paid in full of course.

But I can Imagine John Henry saying "Southampton give me money back you cunts" Or "the committee and Rodgers what are they smoking".

• Downvote 1

If we sack this goalie, the goalkeeping coach should be on the bus out of town with him.  

And I'd love to know who's coaching the defence, because whoever it is is making decent players look worse than they are.  He/she/it needs to go as well.

A good post in full.

Mignolet is by no means the most culpable for our defensive woes.

Progress in the LC is welcome, but it won't be long before someone exposes our defensive problems in the cup too and dumps us out.

So the trick is to ask for a collection for me to leave, but really use it for a banner, good stuff.

No membership of TLW is top top top value and I  recommend you all get accounts, paid in full of course.

But I can Imagine John Henry saying "Southampton give me money back you cunts" Or "the committee and Rodgers what are they smoking".

Not a newbie then

100 carrot cunt 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_silk#Strength

Strength[edit]

In detail a dragline silk's tensile strength is comparable to that of high-grade alloy steel (450 - 1970 MPa),[11][12] and about half as strong asaramid filaments, such as Twaron or Kevlar (3000 MPa).[13]

Bit harsh on spiders there mate. 

If we could somehow splice the raw punching power of Brad Jones (I know, but bear with me), and the shot stopping of Mignolet, with the chiseled, rugged features and international experience of Valdes. That my friends, would be a keeper. Literally.

No, it would be three dismembered body parts.

Stop nicking my lines, as it is clear Rodgers tried and trusted methods for the defence are clearly failing. But you are brave with the early call for Rodgers out, brave man, as he is in charge of coaching the defence as far as I know. At times it looks like Mighty Red is coaching the defence, sadly.

thank heavens you know nothing then 

He is just not good enough in my opinion.

He is not much worse than Reina but certainly he is not an upgrade and I don't think either are suited for the level we needed them (challenging for trophies).

He had too full preseasons and one full season as our number one. He is a good shot stopper, but nothing more. His communication, leadership, aerial abilitiy etc... are simply not good enough.

I am not overreacting. It is just my opinion. Yes our defending is appaling overall and costed us League Title No 19 last season, but he hasn't helped either. He's done nothing exceptional so far.

We should be looking for a top GK in the next transfer windows.

He didn't really do anything wrong yesterday. A few shots hit right at him, and then one fluke worldy that no-one would have got near beat him. The only moment of not taking charge was when Skrtel tried to shield a ball back to him, expecting him to come and collect. Mignolet stayed where he was and Skrtel ended up sherpherding it out of play, getting a free kick as he was being fouled by the Everton player (can't remember if it was Lukaku or Naismith). Skrtel went nuts but the moment was born of Mignolet's previous rashness against Man City and Ludogorets when he came out unnecessarily and we ended up conceding, so this time he decided to stay back. 

I agree with you Coro, but are we actually signing Valdes though? A while ago, Rodgers dismissed the chance of signing him. I know that he did the same with Balotelli but he appears to love Mignolet...

It's said to be a done deal and just a matter of Valdes proving his fitness.

His presence will bring a stability sorely lacking in our defence.