You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I genuinely think footballers should be banned from social media, if only to protect them from themselves. It'd stop them making stupid comments they'll regret, getting twattish haircuts so they can post pictures, and most importantly it'd get rid of that bit on football shows where they show their fucking tweets. 

"Gr8 3 pts lads. Win moist imprtenet. Onwards and up woods!"

• Upvote 2

Obviously klopp gets the last say and I'm happy for him to run the squad in any way he sees fit, but we can't pretend this whole situation with sakho isn't strange. Why can't he play for the reserves to build up match fitness?

Sakho is a good guy, and if klopp never wants him to play for Liverpool again that's his prerogative, but it would be nice to know exactly what the hell is going on.

• Downvote 1

He's put on snapchat saying he's been fit for 3 weeks, done all his rehabilitation and the club still don't even want him playing for the reserves. Followed up by some bullshit about the fans deserving the truth. He also said he's not going to talk, preferring to do his talking on the pitch, but blabbed on snapchat anyway.

Be surprised if he ever plays for us again.

81644051.jpg

Obviously klopp gets the last say and I'm happy for him to run the squad in any way he sees fit, but we can't pretend this whole situation with sakho isn't strange. Why can't he play for the reserves to build up match fitness?

Sakho is a good guy, and if klopp never wants him to play for Liverpool again that's his prerogative, but it would be nice to know exactly what the hell is going on.

He fucks around too much, and Klopp simply won't tolerate it.

The weird aspect of this situation, for me, is him not being sold.

He fucks around too much, and Klopp simply won't tolerate it.

The weird aspect of this situation, for me, is him not being sold.

He didn't want a loan move to another English side, and no top level European club would have any interest in him.

We didn't exactly face stiff competition for his signature when his stock was probably higher than it is now.

He didn't want a loan move to another English side, and no top level European club would have any interest in him.

We didn't exactly face stiff competition for his signature when his stock was probably higher than it is now.

Despite all the baggage, I find it difficult to believe that no-one would sign him. The fact that a loan was even a possibility would suggest that Klopp probably hadn't made a final decision on the player. Maybe Klopp was giving him a last chance to show the right mentality, and maybe Sakho hasn't done so.

He's too good a footballer for no club in Europe to give us £15m for him. That's half what he would be worth if there wasn't all the bullshit off the pitch. It would be worth teams like Valencia, Sevilla, Leverkusen, Fiorentina, etc, taking a punt on him, and I think one of them will in January or next summer.

Porto wanted him, but he wasn't interested.

Despite all the baggage, I find it difficult to believe that no-one would sign him. The fact that a loan was even a possibility would suggest that Klopp probably hadn't made a final decision on the player. Maybe Klopp was giving him a last chance to show the right mentality, and maybe Sakho hasn't done so.

He's too good a footballer for no club in Europe to give us £15m for him. That's half what he would be worth if there wasn't all the bullshit off the pitch. It would be worth teams like Valencia, Sevilla, Leverkusen, Fiorentina, etc, taking a punt on him, and I think one of them will in January or next summer.

Even if those clubs were interested, none of them are the type to spend that sort of money on a defender. Actually, Leverkusen just lashed about that much for Austrian defender Dragovic from Dynamo Kyiv but they are generally a club who get somebody in for less than €10m and sell for at least twice that. Italian clubs will always go for a loan-to-buy deal and then decline to buy.

Even if those clubs were interested, none of them are the type to spend that sort of money on a defender. Actually, Leverkusen just lashed about that much for Austrian defender Dragovic from Dynamo Kyiv but they are generally a club who get somebody in for less than €10m and sell for at least twice that. Italian clubs will always go for a loan-to-buy deal and then decline to buy.

Well, okay, perhaps not those exact clubs. They were just examples of clubs the next tier down from Barcelona/Bayern/Real Madrid/Juventus.

The point was that someone half decent will buy him.

Well, okay, perhaps not those exact clubs. They were just examples of clubs the next tier down from Barcelona/Bayern/Real Madrid/Juventus.

The point was that someone half decent will buy him.

He's absolutely shite, haven't you heard? Nobody will buy him so he has to rot in the reserves. QED