You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Reasons We Will/Wont Come Back...

old skool tom

I'd rate our odds around 50/50 right now. If you take into account the fact that City have wobbled before in the run in I think they will feel the pressure in their last 3 games. Plus they have 3 high pressure games in 8 days.

have the odds changed after arsenal beat Newcastle kast night?

was 4/5 city, 5/4 us

Was devoed Sunday - as we all know it hurt and hurt badly.

But now i am thinking it hurt more when we were in the bottom half of the league with Roy Hodgson as our manager or seeing us out of contention for the league in November and not even being involved in the top 4 scramble.

The last season and a half watching the reds has been good again, fucking great in fact and we are going places again. Don't shoot me here please I am not writing the boys off yet - but i am sure history shows that a lot of teams that become champions have had to endure the misery of missing out narrowly previously before going on to lift the prize. I am not saying it is over but if it isn't to be i believe the redmen are on the march again and our day if it isn't this year isn't far away.

I think its entirely possible that any of the top three could drop more points.

However I keep "seeing" a certain result come up again and again, when contemplating the seasons end:

Everton 1 Manchester City 1

And there you have it.

We will fuck up at Palace and finish 3rd.

I think that's more or less certain if (and I think they definitely will) City beat Everton. Such a result would be a huge hammer blow to morale.

That's the spirit lads

• Upvote 1

I was absolutely devastated after Sunday, utterly convinced it had gone. No two ways about it, it was over.

Now, I'm starting to get a bit more hope, gradually, bit by bit. One of the main things was Rogers' interview. Having spent all season deflecting from title talk, he delivered a more polite version of 'are we fuck' when asked if that was us out of the title race. That was great to hear when we were at our most disappointed.

We played at our best when the pressure was off in the latter stages. Well, even though it's not ideal, the pressure is off again, at the most crucial point in the the season. It's all on City now, and they've wobbled plenty before, and crucially, they've got three goes at fucking it up.

I think winning our two games will be enough.

I think we will do it. In fact I'm convinced we will. Didn't City beat Leeds 4-0 the year they won it which basically meant that they put it on a plate for the Mancs to win, only for them to then fuck up (was it 92?) and Leeds to win. There have been many occasions when so called rival teams did a favour and I'm hopeful the blues will do us one.

There is a cosmic balance to be maintained between mockering and anti-mockering. The reason we lost against Chelsea is that too many people got overexcited and moved towards mockering. Now we are in danger of having too many anti-mockerers. Can everybody please go back to their original position and restore balance to the force

• Upvote 2