You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (May 3 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We are?

I've been calling us Lancaster. Why didn't someone tell me? Oh, I've been making an idiot of myself.

We are Lancaster, tra-la la la la. Yeah, fits nicely.

As I said in another thread, let's just get to 86 and see what happens. The worst thing would be to go into this match feeling sorry for ourselves and drop points, only to then see City falter in their game in hand on the Wednesday.

I've got faith in Rodgers picking the lads up after a disappointing result last time out.

looks like city targeted their left hand side last week. toures goal came from a ball in behind the left back and looks like he had a few more runs down that side.

suarez on right monday? did thst job against monreal of arsenal and it worked out well.

Would love us to win this and to finish with winning 13 put of 14 games think it would be a helluva achievement even of we lost the league on goal difference.....( Newcastle is a gimme surely)

To be honest I wouldn't feel sick about that like in 89 when it was a case of how the fuck do a George Graham side score more than you?

If it happened now I'd be incredibly proud of the lads for providing such a sensational season.

• Upvote 2

Final day pressure can cause funny things to happen. We just have to do the business Monday and then let's see what happens next Sunday.

Been a fucking immense season regardless of whether we win it or not.

The future is brighter than it has been in years and this year might just end with glory too.

lol immense in what way? we havent won the league in 24 years, this was our golden opportunity and we let it go, we won't get another chance in a long long time, i honestly couldnt give a shit about playing in champ leagues, otherwise I would become an arsehole supporter.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

lol immense in what way? we havent won the league in 24 years, this was our golden opportunity and we let it go, we won't get another chance in a long long time, i honestly couldnt give a shit about playing in champ leagues, otherwise I would become an arsehole supporter.

Are you just waiting for someone to bite?

Behave will you. . .

Great post, Stickman.

Let's win the last two. Stranger things have happened in football than City not getting maximum points from two home games at this stage of the season.

As I've said, the worst thing would be to drop points in this game and then see City do the same v Villa. Get the win, take it to the last day and make them work for this title. If they do win it, fair play. I'll congratulate them for it. But it ain't over it 'til it's over. This club more than any other has shown that over the years.

window_licker.gif

• Upvote 2

lol shittys next two games are guaranteed wins, villa and west ham are safe so have nothing to fight for, they will roll over with ease, hate to be a pessimist but people shouldn't get their hopes up, it hurts when things dont mak eout.

but thats exactly what you re doing. you re pretending you dont care because its very definitely in citys hands now and if they go on to win it you can say you gave it up after the everton game. the hurt after the chelsea game meant it felt like the end but there are 6 games of football to be played before its actually over.

lets make a deal if we some how manage to win the league you re not allowed to celebrate because you gave up.

Are you just waiting for someone to bite?

Honestly no, not baiting anyone or anything like that, just really really frustrated and angry, all I wanted to see is the club I love win the title just once in my life don't care if we don't win it for another 100 years after, just once in my lifetime would have been enough, but it looks like that won't happen, and I've already lost love for the game and somewhat grown out of it, only watch Liverpool games, will probably stop watching completely after Gerrard, so don't think i'll ever get to see a title win.

Honestly cant explain the shitty feeling, always a bad thing when you get too attached to something!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Immense in the way we far exceeded our expections at the start of the season and did it playing some of the best football in Europe.

Im with you though that we have lost a golden opportunity and it will be a few years before we challenge again.

It took a fantastic run to get here and next year with more games and other teams improving it will be very difficult and I don't see it happening.

but thats exactly what you re doing. you re pretending you dont care because its very definitely in citys hands now and if they go on to win it you can say you gave it up after the everton game. the hurt after the chelsea game meant it felt like the end but there are 6 games of football to be played before its actually over.

lets make a deal if we some how manage to win the league you re not allowed to celebrate because you gave up.

If by some miracle we win, then fine I won't celebrate, I was actually planning on buying this seasons home kit with Gerrard's name and number 19 for 19th title as a celebration.