You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

"Hey Fabio, do you want to spend another season fighting relegation followed by maybe playing Championship football or do you want to stay and try and challenge for a league title and maybe play in the Champions League... No, no, they're not going to be paying you any extra money... okay, Fabio stop laughing, I'll take that as a no..."

Short term it's an easy call, long-term going and playing games would be the smarter choice for him.

You're effectively changing the shape of the team by bringing in Reus, though. It's not worth breaking the bank for.

You're replacing 30 goals last season with a player who isn't a goalscorer. That, to me, isn't £30 Million worth spending.

What the....?

Near 1 in 2 goal record in the league and Champions League and 1 in 3 for his country. On top of that 23 assists last season domestically. Can play as a support striker or any of the attacking midfield positions. If there is a player that could be any more of a Brendan Rodgers type player besides Suarez, I haven't seen him. He scores, he creates, he's quick, he's skilful, takes a mean freekick, can finish like a striker, and can score spectacular goals. He is perfect for Liverpool.

• Upvote 4

I fucking told you. He said the very same thing to my cousin a few weeks ago in Mykonos. That he was going to stay at all costs and fight for his place because it's the biggest club he's played for.

Fuck off Fabio, you're shite. You were shite ages ago in all honesty but most of the Liverpool fans aren't as harsh as me, so they gave you some leeway.

• Downvote 1

"Hey Fabio, do you want to spend another season fighting relegation followed by maybe playing Championship football or do you want to stay and try and challenge for a league title and maybe play in the Champions League... No, no, they're not going to be paying you any extra money... okay, Fabio stop laughing, I'll take that as a no..."

Short term it's an easy call, long-term going and playing games would be the smarter choice for him.

Brendan just needs to tell him he won't be getting (m)any games and that he doesn't have a future here.

What the....?

Near 1 in 2 goal record in the league and Champions League and 1 in 3 for his country. On top of that 23 assists last season domestically. Can play as a support striker or any of the attacking midfield positions. If there is a player that could be any more of a Brendan Rodgers type player besides Suarez, I haven't seen him. He scores, he creates, he's quick, he's skilful, takes a mean freekick, can finish like a striker, and can score spectacular goals. He is perfect for Liverpool.

We aren't going for Reus, we are going for promising kids and mid table players.

Di Marzio says he doesnt want to go to Sunderland. He is waiting for an Italian club like Inter.

He is going to end up on loan isnt he?

I reckon he just wants more money off us. Personally I'd just tell him you go for £14m or you won't be playing this year. If he has any interest in his career, he will either go to a club or find someone who makes a decent offer.

I reckon he just wants more money off us. Personally I'd just tell him you go for £14m or you won't be playing this year. If he has any interest in his career, he will either go to a club or find someone who makes a decent offer.

He will get his loyalty bonuses from us anyway because he hasnt requested a transfer.

Im not so sure about money aspect. Sunderland will give him a big payrise

This DiMarzio has been reliable on majority of the stuff he has come out with.

I like Borini for his attitude and I suspect this is the main reason why fans of all his clubs have taken a shine to him to some extent. The biggest problem I have with him is that like every Italian footballer we've had on our books, he has never settled in. Whether that be due to poor form, injuries or homesickness, the club and Italian footballers just don't seem to mix. We could have a peak-of-his-powers Pirlo in the team and he'd struggle to replicate his form even when surrounded by an excellent supporting cast. It's the biggest reason why I shudder whenever anyone mentions Balotelli as a possible signing. His chronic inconsistency and tendency to do something stupid notwithstanding, the fact that he's an Italian in the Liverpool squad will magnify these flaws regardless of whether the coaching staff try to work their magic on him.

Lucas is an Italian citizen, so he is, of course, the exception to the rule.

Just give him a million in a loyalty bonus or something; what the fuck we got good money for him anyway, unexpected at all.