You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

I think we underestimate them at our peril. They would love nothing more than to shit on our title ambitions. We may be playing better than them at the moment but they won't need any extra motivation for this one. They will be well up for it.

I'm very nervous about this one. Three points here is a massive ask but if we get them.......

You're right but the only tools they've got to do the job are their frontmen, a lot of it will depend on how we handle Rooney as it's the kind of match he'll be pumped up for, that being said, we've taken over the mancs' psychological mantle of 'we don't care if you score as we'll score two'.

It will be interesting to see how Moyes goes at it because his natural inclination will be to go defensive, buy that won't sit well with their fans and will be counter productive because we've got flaws at the back, if they go for it they can cause us problems, if they sit back we'll roast them over a spit.

All being said, we're going into a game against the mancs and they're the underdogs, been a while since we could say that!

You're right but the only tools they've got to do the job are their frontmen, a lot of it will depend on how we handle Rooney as it's the kind of match he'll be pumped up for, that being said, we've taken over the mancs' psychological mantle of 'we don't care if you score as we'll score two'.

It will be interesting to see how Moyes goes at it because his natural inclination will be to go defensive, buy that won't sit well with their fans and will be counter productive because we've got flaws at the back, if they go for it they can cause us problems, if they sit back we'll roast them over a spit.

All being said, we're going into a game against the mancs and they're the underdogs, been a while since we could say that!

Very true. I'd almost forgotten what that feels like.

I think you are right. If they set up negatively I think they stand a better chance of nicking a goal. If they go more adventurous I would hope that we could smash them on the break.  

Really looking forward to it but nervous all the same - 168 hours to go.

I think they'll play Jones and Smalling at centre half, they both played yesterday and Moyes was praising their performance in his post-match comments. At least those two have a bit of pace, because I could see Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez and Henderson leaving Ferdinand and Vidic for dead looking at their performances this season. I don't really rate Smalling and I know a lot of Mancs have reservations about him too and I think Jones is erratic too, I reckon we can score a couple against them.

What does everyone make of Van Persie's situation? It's completely obvious he's unhappy and I think Moyes needs to bite the bullet and sell him as I think he's the type who will continue running his mouth off to the media if he's not happy. Moyes is already up against it and needs all the players on his side, especially the key players.

We have to win if we have pretensions of winning the league, but I still want to see top four assured as a priority and a draw wouldn't be the end of the world as I think it would make it impossible for the Mancs to then catch us and I am still more concerned about them than either Spurs or Everton.

I do hope we see them turn in an Olympiakos type performance and we have another one of our blow the opposition way performances and go out and completely muller them.

I'd be amazed if it was Smalling and Jones at centreback. I actually think neither will play centreback, maybe one will be at right back or DM. Moyes will go with as much experience as possible and have them camped in their six yard box for 90 minutes.

van Persie rightly thinks Moyes is a shit cunt. I reckon he'll force a move in the summer.

• Upvote 1

I'd be amazed if it was Smalling and Jones at centreback. 

I can't remember, was it Jones and Smalling against us in the league cup?  They did alright that night, one of the few teams that have kept Suarez and Sturridge fairly quiet this season.

I'm expecting a heart-attacking inducing 90 minutes, probably finishing 6-4 to us. 

I can't remember, was it Jones and Smalling against us in the league cup?  They did alright that night, one of the few teams that have kept Suarez and Sturridge fairly quiet this season.

Wasn't that Suarez's first game back and the first time they'd played together in over 4 months?

Can't remember either,

We were playing absolutely nothing like we are at the moment though.

True.

Wasn't that Suarez's first game back and the first time they'd played together in over 4 months?

I think it was.  

Moyes is actually quite good at shutting down games, denying opposition space, time and hoping to nick one here and there. He has made a career out of it. He is not so good at going out and dominating with attacking football. Thats why he is in the shit he is in.

Win this and it's on.

Moyes is actually quite good at shutting down games, denying opposition space, time and hoping to nick one here and there. He has made a career out of it.

Perhaps in games when he thinks he's got a chance. His big game and derby record is poor at best.

I think Sterling could retire Evra in this game. Possibly even make him rethink his entire outlook on life.

Evra will probably say he was racially abused by Raheem and Sturridge all game. He'll also say that Sakho called him a black French c€nt in the tunnel. Suarez will be gagged with a muzzle by Brendan to prevent him running into the Stretford End and biting as many friendly Mancunians as possible. The Fa will ban Raheem, Sturridge and Sakho for 3 games each, while lauding the sense of fair play of Davey Moyes.

Meanwhile, we'll fucking twat the shithouse bastards.

• Upvote 1

They're going to be small time cunts, expect "always the victim" to be sang full pelt first half, and many references to hillsborough throughout. They'll absolutely raise their game for this, whisky nose will be concertmaster, wielding a shitty stick from some towering haven in the executive box and their orcish fan's will be feverish, contorting faces and bile aplenty. 

That's why we simply must crush them, it's got to be 3 or 4. I want Rodgers gifs with his hands aloft in the jesus christ pose after a goal. Stevie running 50 yards to celebrate with our fans, Suarez kissing his fingers and Sturridge doing his dance in front of an empty Stretford end around the 80 minute mark.

• Upvote 4

This is a huge game for them. They will fight hard to try to beat us and show that they are not finished. We will do very well to go there and win. I think talk of a big win for us will prove to be wide of the mark. They will play Jones and Smalling and it will help them, because Ferdinand and Vidic are weak links these days. Rooney will be up for it and Van Persie might even try.

I think it will be a tight game. A mistake or a moment of genius will settle it. 2-1 Liverpool. 

I think we underestimate them at our peril. They would love nothing more than to shit on our title ambitions. We may be playing better than them at the moment but they won't need any extra motivation for this one. They will be well up for it.

I'm very nervous about this one. Three points here is a massive ask but if we get them.......

we must come flying out of the blocks as we did with the arse; hit them before they settle.

I'm very surprised at the amount of posters who think this will be a stroll . I have never seen that happen at Old Trafford in all my years of supporting LFC ( Even the 4 1 wasn't totally secure until well into the 2nd half as I remember ).

Hopefully the players don't think this & get on the front foot early & work their bollocks off for 90 minutes. For those who do think it will be easy, William Hills 15/8 will be like buying money for you.