You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

Bet the Air Force love getting a runout with shit like this. They spent their childhoods watching Top Gun then spend the rest of their careers flying training flights over Bala Lake.

They don't normally come as far east as Bala. I drove around a corner in my van in Machynlleth a couple of years ago and a jet was flying towards me. It was so low I actually ducked.

Should have just paid the stewardess for his drinks, but I do think this is a Captain is taking himself a bit seriously.

Low probability, high impact. Would you like to be the one that said not to bother? Fuck me, you'd be the first with the conspiracy theory if they'd not bothered!

• Upvote 2

From a Malaysian paper :

aZsw5ai.png

There's also this from an OSCE member :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6soPvUStS0E

More here : http://www.nst.com.my/node/20961

From the above link :

KUALA LUMPUR: INTELLIGENCE analysts in the United States had already concluded that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by an air-to-air missile, and that the Ukrainian government had had something to do with it.

This corroborates an emerging theory postulated by local investigators that the Boeing 777-200 was crippled by an air-to-air missile and finished off with cannon fire from a fighter that had been shadowing it as it plummeted to earth.

In a damning report dated Aug 3, headlined “Flight 17 Shoot-Down Scenario Shifts”, Associated Press reporter Robert Parry said “some US intelligence sources had concluded that the rebels and Russia were likely not at fault and that it appears Ukrainian government forces were to blame”.

This new revelation was posted on GlobalResearch, an independent research and media organisation.

In a statement released by the Ukrainian embassy on Tuesday, Kiev denied that its fighters were airborne during the time MH17 was shot down. This follows a statement released by the Russian Defence Ministry that its air traffic control had detected Ukrainian Air Force activity in the area on the same day.

So do I. But Putin's lapdogs I don't waste my time on.

You could actually miss a lot of truth by doing that (unless your other sources of news have things well covered of course.) That's because with the west having the worst agenda here and being so messed up overall, to the point that it's holding the rest of the world back in many cases, Russia can often resort to the simplest thing : just tell the truth.

If you have a read of this it might help a little, if you're not going to read it simply becuse it's on RT though, fair enough. What it's trying to point out is that the west is fine with Russia as long as it suits them, but once it doesn't, they're made into an enemy for political and economic reasons : Same game for 150 years: British establishment v Russian bogeyman

From the writer's blog (so that you can realize that he isn't just some type of full-time RT propagandist.) :

I am a journalist, writer and broadcaster, based in the U.K. I am a regular contributor to The Guardian, The Week/First Post, Morning Star, Daily and Sunday Express, The Mail on Sunday, New Statesman, The Spectator, R.F.O. My work has also appeared in The Fleet Street Letter, The Huffington Post, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, The Times, The Australian and in publications as diverse as The American Conservative, Pravda and The Racing Post. I am strongly opposed to the neo-conservative war agenda -and believe in the urgent necessity of a left-right anti-war coalition.

http://www.neilclark66.blogspot.co.uk/

Extracts from the article :

In the early 1990s, Western elites toasted the demise of the Soviet Union. Russophobia vanished as Russia's new president, Boris Yeltsin did everything the West wanted. He privatized large chunks of the Russian economy, handing out state assets for trifling sums to a new class of oligarchs. He acquiesced as the West worked to dismantle the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - and get the ex-communist countries in Eastern Europe to join NATO.

The Yeltsin years were catastrophic for the vast majority of ordinary Russians, who saw their living standards plummet, but the gushing tributes paid to Yeltsin on his death by British (and other Western) leaders demonstrate that so long as a Russian leader does what the Western elites want, he'll get good press.

John Major, British Prime Minister from 1990-97, hailed Yeltsin's “tremendous work” and said, “He sought to instill in Russia many of the attributes we most cherish in the West.”

“He deserves to be honored as a patriot and a liberator,” enthused Margaret Thatcher.

It is revealing to compare the treatment of Yeltsin, to the treatment of his successor, Vladimir Putin. Under Putin, Russia has won back its self-respect. But because Russia is no longer the ‘soft touch’ it was in the 1990s, Russophobia is back with a vengeance and Russia's leader is attacked on a daily basis and ludicrously likened to Adolf Hitler.

If we look back at the history of the past 150 years we can say that it is nothing new, but the Russophobia of today is in fact nastier and also harder to justify than anything which has gone on before.

Our neocon ruling class are strong Atlanticists and Zionists, and it’s these allegiances which explain why they are so keen to sanction Russia. For the US, a resurgent Russia is a block on US plans for global hegemony, with the new BRICS development bank posing a real threat to dollar supremacy and the financial dictatorship of the World Bank and IMF. For the Zionists, Russia is targeted because of its stance on Syria, a country where Israel and the pro-Israel lobby desperately wants regime change to weaken Iran and Hezbollah, and also because of the way that oligarchs with close links to western neocons and Israel, who did so well in the Yeltsin years, have lost their power in Russia under Putin, as I already discussed.

So 100 years on from the Great War, when Russia and Britain were on the same side, Russia is once again the ‘enemy’. Defense Secretary Phillip Hammond has already admitted that the latest sanctions on Russia will hurt the British economy.

“It would be absurd to suggest that we could impose wide-ranging sanctions on the Russian economy without also having some impact on ourselves,” he says.

Some would say that when we look at the bigger picture the most ‘absurd’ thing is current UK policy towards Russia, which cannot remotely be said to be in Britain's best interests.

I just find it sad that RT are completely dismissed, because like I said, if the western powers are so wrong here it only takes the truth to show how wrong they are. The US especially are just so wrong on so many levels. Why write propaganda about their government/corporations when the truth is easily good enough? Abby Martin especially has proven that time and time again.

Russians will no longer be able to buy fruit, vegetables, meat, fish or dairy products from the EU and the US, as the full scope of Moscow's food import ban became apparent on Thursday.

President Vladimir Putin told officials on Wednesday to come up with a list of western agricultural products and raw materials to be banned, in reaction to western sanctions over Russia's policies in Ukraine.

Russia's prime minister, Dmitry Medvedev, said the ban was effective immediately and would last for a year. It covers most foodstuffs from the US, the 28 EU countries, Canada, Australia and Norway.

"Until the last moment, we hoped that our foreign colleagues would realise that sanctions lead to a blind alley, and that no one benefits from them. But they didn't realise this, and now we have been forced to respond," Medvedev said.

Russia is Europe's second-largest market for food and drink. Exports of food and raw materials to Russia were worth €12.2bn (£9.7bn) in 2013, following several years of double-digit growth.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/07/russia-bans-western-food-imports-retaliation-ukraine-sanctions

Well done Obama, Cameron, etc. Genius job on starting this. The US gov though, as we know, doesn't really give a fuck about the EU economy anyway.

You could actually miss a lot of truth by doing that (unless your other sources of news have things well covered of course.) That's because with the west having the worst agenda here and being so messed up overall, to the point that it's holding the rest of the world back in many cases, Russia can often resort to the simplest thing : just tell the truth.

I've read it all now. Fucking hell.

You clearly have no idea what Putin has done to both democracy and the free press in Russia. Let me tell you; he has basically executed both.

And if that wasn't enough, he's on his way to kill their use of the Internet as well.

I've read it all now. Fucking hell.

You clearly have no idea what Putin has done to both democracy and the free press in Russia. Let me tell you; he has basically executed both.

And if that wasn't enough, he's on his way to kill their use of the Internet as well.

Where did I supposedly show that I had no idea about what Putin has done?

It's similar to the Assad case in some respects. He might be a fascist, and should probably be dumped out of power eventually for things to have a chance to move onwards. But at the same time at least he isn't trying to export his bullshit by force to so many other places on the planet, like the US and other western countries are doing.

If the Ukraine wanted to join the EU, fair enough, but let them decide that, you don't take over the country like the EU and US have done and cause so much deaths of innocent lives. The US should just fuck off being the world cop basically. Trillions in debt, controlled by the military industrial complex and other corporations, worthless toilet-paper currency that the Fed artificially props up, and they just don't know when to stop.

Russia is a messed up country, yes, but so are most others. The difference is that most of them keep their crap to themselves for the most part, the US gov clearly don't, because they're obsessed with greed and control like no other nation on the planet. It's almost daily now that we're reading about the US gov having problems with other countries. They even create problems so that they have an excuse to go into other countries! They should be dealing with the criminal shit inside their own borders instead.

At the same time, it still doesn't negate the fact that RT news still simply have to post the truth about those that are opposing them. Russia are only the enemy at the moment because they're in the way of extending the level of greed and control that the US gov have. The US gov are also poisoning the relationship the EU has with Russia, and it's now affecting the people of those countries directly. It's selfish, and it's fucking stupid.

Where did I supposedly show that I had no idea about what Putin has done?

It's similar to the Assad case in some respects. He might be a fascist, and should probably be dumped out of power eventually for things to have a chance to move onwards. But at the same time at least he isn't trying to export his bullshit by force to so many other places on the planet, like the US and other western countries are doing.

If the Ukraine wanted to join the EU, fair enough, but let them decide that, you don't take over the country like the EU and US have done and cause so much deaths of innocent lives. The US should just fuck off being the world cop basically. Trillions in debt, controlled by the military industrial complex and other corporations, worthless toilet-paper currency that the Fed artificially props up, and they just don't know when to stop.

Russia is a messed up country, yes, but so are most others. The difference is that most of them keep their crap to themselves for the most part, the US gov clearly don't, because they're obsessed with greed and control like no other nation on the planet. It's almost daily now that we're reading about the US gov having problems with other countries. They even create problems so that they have an excuse to go into other countries! They should be dealing with the criminal shit inside their own borders instead.

At the same time, it still doesn't negate the fact that RT news still simply have to post the truth about those that are opposing them. Russia are only the enemy at the moment because they're in the way of extending the level of greed and control that the US gov have. The US gov are also poisoning the relationship the EU has with Russia, and it's now affecting the people of those countries directly. It's selfish, and it's fucking stupid.

Russia is part of BRICS.

The U.S. will get owned. Fact. It's only a matter of time.