You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

Couple of reports received in the last 20 minutes which indicate that Liverpool have contacted the Premier League,

The negotiations have been protracted due to ownership details being untangled, with upto four parties said to be invested in Konoplyanka, and no deal can be reached until all four are satisfied. Part of the negotiations have centred around an issue whereby two investors wish to retain their part ownership of the player even after a transfer.

The PL have historically allowed for contractual snags to take the deadline into the following day on exceptional occassions, but prior permission must be sought ahead of the 2300 deadline.

Liverpool are not interested in part ownership of the player.

Ok, I've made this whole thing up, and one of you needs to implant that on RAWK now, because it's fucking top drawer trollery.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Knew he would flop. Balague called that 100% correct (said he would struggle in the UK)

I didn't want Sturridge. Oof!

Yeah, I remember Balague saying it. I thought that if we gave him the right service, he'd bang them in. We saw a few glimpses but it was just one of those where a very talented player just didn't work out. Went back to Spain and was brilliant again. You win some you lose some. I'm quite lucky, I get the majority right. There will always be ones you don't get right, though; as long as they're not shit players, but are talented but don't make it for whatever reason, it's no big deal. It's the 'Downing over Mata' ones that got me.

Yeah, I remember Balague saying it. I thought that if we gave him the right service, he'd bang them in. We saw a few glimpses but it was just one of those where a very talented player just didn't work out. Went back to Spain and was brilliant again. You win some you lose some. I'm quite lucky, I get the majority right. There will always be ones you don't get right, though; as long as they're not shit players, but are talented but don't make it for whatever reason, it's no big deal. It's the 'Downing over Mata' ones that got me.

I don't think we were ever in for Mata.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think we were ever in for Mata.

Well, I think there was something going on when Rafa wanted him. Then there were some dodgy links. At the time it was a discussion and somebody not only said that Downing was like Giggs but somebody else would have had him over Mata. Not sure they'd say the same now, to be honest.

Well, I think there was something going on when Rafa wanted him. Then there were some dodgy links. At the time it was a discussion and somebody not only said that Downing was like Giggs but somebody else would have had him over Mata. Not sure they'd say the same now, to be honest.

I can blame the club for paying 20m for Downing (oof!) but don't think they were after Mata so I wont blame them for that. And even if we were after Mata it's unlikely he would have chosen us over Chelsea.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can blame the club for paying 20m for Downing (oof!) but don't think they were after Mata so I wont blame them for that. And even if we were after Mata it's unlikely he would have chosen us over Chelsea.

I agree. Turan was there for the taking, though.