You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So, what are we?

Newport

Guest San Don

We are where we are due to the league being decidedly without a championship winning team team. No one is head and shoulders above anyone else so far. In any other season would be where we are today, I don't know.

Our points total is welcome. We have ground out some results which is pleasing. But, we have also had some abject performances. I hope there are no more this season but, it wouldn't surprise me if there were.

The owners need to show intent and spend big but sadly I don't think they will because they see this seasons results as vindication of their methods.

Whatever happens we, the team, need to make sure we stay focused and continue to grind out results as and when we need / must do.

I think of next few games with or without Sturbridge and Gerrard are going to be season defining. Fingers crossed we can avoid defeat in each of them.

I reckon it's time for you to produce a link to this post you seem to think proves your point.

Fuck off mate

You tried to jump into something and be smart. Know you look like an idiot because you didn't know any facts and it turns out its you that can't read.

How ironic

The post in question was 5 fucking posts above yours, smart arse. Do your own homework.

• Downvote 1

Ah, the abusive defense. Well, let's see.

The thing which concerns and to a degree perplexes me is that if you look at the starting 11 for the last game, every outfield player was on our books last year.

We've spent fairly heavily and brought in quite a few new players, so where the fuck are they and why aren't they playing ?

If they aren't good enough then why buy them in the first place ?

Like I said, concerning.

So, how does the timing of CD's post compare to your bullshit?

Oops.

You're full of shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wrong post moron

Just give up mate, you tried to jump into a debate and don't even have a fucking clue whats going on. You wanted to appear smart and then it appears you just can't read yourself. Which im pissing myself about here right now.

Fuck off mate

You tried to jump into something and be smart. Know you look like an idiot because you didn't know any facts and it turns out its you that can't read.

How ironic

The post in question was 5 fucking posts above yours, smart arse. Do your own homework.

After reading that I'm starting to think that I can't read either.

To clarify (!), I posted after the Hull game and before the West Ham game.

Once again, my concern was that we didn't play any new outfield players in that game (the fucking Hull Game !) that we didn't already have available to us from last season.

So, Red 6, that would obviously exclude Mignolet (cos he's a goalie), but it would include Sakho, Aspas, Alberto, and Ilori (cos none of them started versus Hull despite paying a small fortune for them), and Coutinho and Sturridge (cos they were both signed last season).

Is THAT clear enough ???!