You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No!!! That cannot be?

It seems to be connected to the Taxpayers' Alliance whinging about some Labour council buying too many paper clips, while keeping completely silent about the billions of pounds of public money shoved at Tory donors without due process.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

It seems to be connected to the Taxpayers' Alliance whinging about some Labour council buying too many paper clips, while keeping completely silent about the billions of pounds of public money shoved at Tory donors without due process.

You'll need to convince me a lot more than this mate!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This is people in general, whatever the method of communication.

I’ve a virtual meeting at 11.30am, it’s scheduled to last 90mins. We could easily achieve what we need to in 30mins. I guarantee it will run over and I will have died a little inside by the time I can hit the leave button. 

Yeah Love Island is starting soon and one of my weekly zoom meetings is with a predominantly female team who love that sort of shit. 

Thankfully, so do I. I like anything that at least 3 of them want to talk about. 

• Upvote 1

The DVLA, useless fuckwits. You phone them and they tell in a recorded message to go to the website because 'covid'.

You go to the website but that can't help so you are pointed toward their live chat.

Eventually live chat come and tell you they're only an advisory service that points you to sections of the website. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Impostor said:

The DVLA, useless fuckwits. You phone them and they tell in a recorded message to go to the website because 'covid'.

You go to the website but that can't help so you are pointed toward their live chat.

Eventually live chat come and tell you they're only an advisory service that points you to sections of the website. 

They really are a pain in the arse. My licence has to be renewed every 3 years and it's due shortly.

They usually send you the relevant forms automatically about 3 months before it expires, you fill them in with the required information and your licence gets renewed. 

Last time I did that, they wrote back wanting more info. I gave it to them. Then they wrote again for info on something else, I did that.

The upshot was, because  of the way they did it, my licence expired and I couldn't drive for 6 weeks until they got their act together and issued me another 3 year licence. 

This was 3 years ago, so no Covid excuse.  Fuck knows what they'll be like this time.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

This is people in general, whatever the method of communication.

I’ve a virtual meeting at 11.30am, it’s scheduled to last 90mins. We could easily achieve what we need to in 30mins. I guarantee it will run over and I will have died a little inside by the time I can hit the leave button. 

All meetings involve some small talk and "banter" that less then 10% present enjoy or want. Or some dick will bring up personal issues that need to be addressed elsewhere and not shut the fucking fuck up about it.

Absolutely love a meeting, me.

• Upvote 1

On 20/06/2021 at 19:31, YorkshireRed said:

I’m the opposite. I’ve turned a few into lesbians. 

There's at least 2 women I've shagged in the past who've gone into lesbian relationships soon after. 

One is back on the pork now but the other is happily married to a woman. 

I'd like to tell you that they just realised that they'd peaked with men, their glass ceiling had been hit with me so there was nowhere left to go. I'd like to tell you that. 

• Upvote 6

On 24/06/2021 at 05:02, Remmie said:

All meetings involve some small talk and "banter" that less then 10% present enjoy or want. Or some dick will bring up personal issues that need to be addressed elsewhere and not shut the fucking fuck up about it.

I went on a "Consulting Skills" course a while ago and part of it was running meetings. When I was appraised afterwards I was marked down for not asking how the other attendees families were and what was on telly last night. I said I didnt care and we where there to get a job done. This was the wrong answer.

25 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I went on a "Consulting Skills" course a while ago and part of it was running meetings. When I was appraised afterwards I was marked down for not asking how the other attendees families were and what was on telly last night. I said I didnt care and we where there to get a job done. This was the wrong answer.

How does a business like this even exist with these priorities? Mind boggling.

On 24/06/2021 at 05:02, Remmie said:

Funnily enough, this describes my Friday afternoon to a tee. I've just started a new job and been introduced to the wonders of the "Friday Social". Everything is home-based so you have about 50-odd people all connected to Zoom for this 30-minute session. A couple of minutes where a manager provides an update on how certain things will be run from now on, but the rest of it is just one big northern bloke banging on about being northern and trading bantz with a couple of people he obviously knows well, and a "bubbly" middle-aged woman encapsulating the worst of the modern workplace woman.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Funnily enough, this describes my Friday afternoon to a tee. I've just started a new job and been introduced to the wonders of the "Friday Social". Everything is home-based so you have about 50-odd people all connected to Zoom for this 30-minute session. A couple of minutes where a manager provides an update on how certain things will be run from now on, but the rest of it is just one big northern bloke banging on about being northern and trading bantz with a couple of people he obviously knows well, and a "bubbly" middle-aged woman encapsulating the worst of the modern workplace woman.

Sounds fun. 

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

When you say "your gate", you mean an actual gate, right?

Aye, my front garden has a gate & I go fucking spare when people leave without shutting it behind them.

Who does shit like that.

On 19/06/2021 at 11:00, Stouffer said:

People from Yorkshire telling you that they're from Yorkshire. 

Fuck off.

I went to see REM in Huddersfield in 1995. The crowd started chanting "Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire" for no reason. Michael Stipe asked "Are you saying Georgia?"

People from Yorkshire are backwards fucks

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

I went to see REM in Huddersfield in 1995. The crowd started chanting "Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire" for no reason. Michael Stipe asked "Are you saying Georgia?"

Whereas those from Georgia......

7 hours ago, Special K said:

People from Yorkshire are 'fuckers' is the correct British terminology. 

• Upvote 1

I quite like those “Yorkshire” chants at events across the county. It’s a friendly and happy thing in my experience of it, and more ritualistic than anything, but even if not - what’s wrong with a bit of pride in where you’re from? I’d love it for that level of unity across Merseyside and would defo join in with that chant. You gang of miseries

Tiny wash hand basins in certain establishments. 

Ok, fair enough, I see you're a bit tight for space, but some sinks are so fucking small you can barely wash the tops of your fingers, you'd need to have the hands of a newborn baby to fit under the taps in these poxy things.