You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

19 hours ago, Trumo said:

Until you've been to your local doctor's surgery, pretended to have TB and got an appointment with 10 different GPs, it's not really a story worth sharing mate.

Nah, give over. I’m glad to read that I’m not alone. It validates me having felt like shite for the past week with a pathetic cold

Only found out this morning. Thankfully it's at the Betis stadium which is much further south, but no doubt it will be Brexit bellend central for a while in town.

If they are being bellends near the ground they will get a pasting as it's quite rough down there.

There is an area about a mile or so east called 3000 Viviendas which is basically like the worst parts of Napoli. Binmen, postmen, etc refuse to go there.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

First attempt at wallpapering today all going swimmingly until cutting off the excess with a Stanley blade. It teared the paper rather than slice, felt like hulk Hogan big booting the bastard wall. New blade too. 

Scissors are much better but keep wiping them with a cloth to stop wallpaper paste sticking to their blades.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If we're on the subject of Americanisations, then people referring to secondary / comprehensive school as "high school". You're not part of the fucking Breakfast Club you tool.

In Scotland it's called High School & it's not come from America either.

They've probably nicked it off us, a bit like the southern cross & being racist.

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, Mook said:

I've come to the same conclusion, Dougie, that cough syrup doesn't do an awful lot.

I'm going to stick with it though, it cost me £4 & can't make the cough any worse.

Honey is better than cough syrup

• Upvote 1

Knob heads at supermarket checkouts who look shocked when the cashier asks them for the money to pay for their trolley full of shopping, and the ensuing delay as they root haphazardly to the bottom of their junk filled handbag to retrieve their purse. Just get the fucking thing out first, dick heads!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

First attempt at wallpapering today all going swimmingly until cutting off the excess with a Stanley blade. It teared the paper rather than slice, felt like hulk Hogan big booting the bastard wall. New blade too. 

Did you cut it while it was still wet? Not a good idea. Scissors if wet. Blade after it has dried out a fair bit.

My eyes weep when I yawn. It’s a proper pain in the arse, I’ve got quite low red blood cell production - painfully just above the threshold where they dole out EPO. As such I have quite chronic tiredness, and consequently spend much of the day looking like I’m in bits.

i can see a funny side to it, but it’s fucking wearing, getting changed in the gym and being in fucking tears, sitting on the train and yawning; off they go again.

last few weeks I’ve been suffering with my sinuses as well, so it looks like I’m having a nervous fucking breakdown!

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Dickheads. Any trouble near you mate? 

Nah. It was bang in the centre, and mainly Sunday night. Saw some of the general destruction they did as I was cycling back from seeing a mate but not when they were charging the police or lobbing chairs at cars etc. Mate of mine, woman, 5 ft nothing, was pretty shook up by what she saw as she was out very close to it all at the time. 

It just isn't the city for it. Especially in the centre. No-one wants a fight. It's why I wish they'd fucked off to Tres Mil Viviendas as I doubt most of them would ever come back to the city to be twats again.

• Upvote 1