You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Places you will not be visiting again

Champ

This is Cultural Amnesty threadworthy. What didnt you like?

Everything? The Food. The accommodations. The People.

I have a friend from Milan, and I stayed with him for a few days, and that was the only part of the trip where everything didn't suck.

It's fucking shit. Remarkably shit.

I've been nearly every country in Europe, and I loathed Italy. Greece was fairly bad... but Greek Isles are pretty nice.

Everything? The Food. The accommodations. The People.

I have a friend from Milan, and I stayed with him for a few days, and that was the only part of the trip where everything didn't suck.

It's fucking shit. Remarkably shit.

I've been nearly every country in Europe, and I loathed Italy. Greece was fairly bad... but Greek Isles are pretty nice.

It really isn't.

Johannesburg - too scary for me and I don't like staying in the weird bubble that is the Mandela Square area. Everyone laughs at you for being nervous then proceeds to tell you about their personal car jacking, burglary, shooting, hostage experiences and no they weren't on the wind up. I'm middle aged with kids I don't need that in my life.

I've been to a lot of places and there are very few I didn't like. I always try and see the positives, there's got to be something interesting about most places. Sure there are some places I prefer over others, but not many I would point blank refuse to return to. And certainly none I can think of at the moment.

Lidl

That wasn't quite what I had in mind but reminded me of my decision, some years ago now, after a particularly grim experience in Bath, never to eat in a Pizza Hut again (having young kids is my excuse for going there in the first place).

I have never regretted that decision

Naples - Worst place i've ever been to. All of the refuse collectors were on strike so there were huge piles of rubbish all over the place. Saw a fair few rats in the streets too. Complete dump, then you factor in the locals. Lads following us everywhere hoping to get one of us on our own to do us in and rob us, fair few pickpockets about and fans of a certain sport looking to get a few slashes in. Absolute fucking toilet that's home to a cacophony of fucking cunts.

Skopje - I actually really enjoyed Skopje. A fair bit to see and do and we found a few decent enough bars, had great couple of days there. Doubt i'll return there just because it's a bit of a pain in the backside to get to. We had to take a six hour bus ride from Sofia to get there and do the same coming back.

Trabzon - Again a place I enjoyed but to get there means connecting through Istanbul. For the same price i'd rather go and experience a new place.

Minsk - Really cheap beer and vodka but the visa is a pain in the arse.

Portsmouth.

Had the misfortune of traveling through there twice on my bike (ferries), and I've never seen a nastier, shittier and brain dead place in all my travels in England.

Cardiff was a strange place too - I felt like an alien the way people were avoiding me.

In the world ? Still Portsmouth.

edit: 8000 posts ! hooray.

Portsmouth.

Had the misfortune of traveling through there twice on my bike (ferries), and I've never seen a nastier, shittier and brain dead place in all my travels in England.

Cardiff was a strange place too - I felt like an alien the way people were avoiding me.

In the world ? Still Portsmouth.

edit: 8000 posts ! hooray.

Cardiff? Eh. Fooking million times better than cunting london or wembley (which is in london but still a cuntish place) Cardiffs a great city.

Cardiff? Eh. Fooking million times better than cunting london or wembley (which is in london but still a cuntish place) Cardiffs a great city.

Undoubtedly, but I recall two bizarre and awkward encounters with the local townsfolk that I'll never forget. One was with two police officers standing in a square who weren't the slightest bit interested in helping me locate a hostel (which happened to be a block away). They weren't busy, they just didn't seem to have the ability or desire to hold a conversation.

The second was in a nice waterfront pub, where as soon as I walked through the door (alone), every single person (20+) swung round and stopped talking. I remember getting a beer, hiding in the corner, and making a quick exit...frosty.

Never seen a place like it. I'm sure it's very nice, but I'll never go back.

You know what the true shithole of the world is though - Costa Blanca, Spain (particularly around Alicante and the English/German resort towns). Never have I seen a more depressing landscape. Utterly devoid of intelligent life.