You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The English media and Suarez

WhiskeyJar

This is bullshit

He obviously said "something" to Evra. Deny it all you want, he said something and refrenced a player by his skin colour.....that is out of order

He did dive about, quite a lot, sometimes stupidly. The media hung him for it, but nobody can't deny that he dived at times. The club should have put a stop to it, it was obvious he was going to get crucified for it and the press were starting to swarm round it.

He did bite someone, which is just fucking stupid. How can we defend what he did to Ivanovic? He gave the media the story and what they wanted. He is stupid for doing it, after everything the club and him have been through in the last year.....he bit somebody on national TV in a Live game.

He hasnt helped himself and has given everybody plenty of rope to hang him with......oh what a surprise....they have hung him for it.

You ask "how can he stay here"?

Ermmmm by fucking behaving himself?

He's got himself to blame for all the shit the F.A and media threw at him, and pretending he didnt do anything is just stupid.

Now he is dropping hints about Madrid in every interview and some fans still think he is the victim? Hhahahahahaaha. You think he is being forced into all these interviews KNOWING how propaganda works and that they WILL put a spin on things?

I have said it for months on this forum, sell him for £50 million+ and we will move forward as a club. FUCK the individual player. We have wasted years stroking their ego's and it's got us nowhere.

Now this is the utterances of a complete imbecile, and I've been called a ''Spastic'' for stating fact.

Luis Suarez called Evra ''Black''. Where is the racism, it's stating the obvious. It's like calling Stevie Wonder blind, David Beckham thick, and Wayne Rooney fat. The answer to which is ''No shit sherlock''.

Luis Suarez did not use profanities like John Terry. John Terry when he made his racist comment swore. He called Anton Ferdinand a ''Fucking black cunt''.

The proof is in Anton Ferdinands response. Anton Ferdinand said to John Terry ''Did you just call me a fucking black cunt?''. How would Anton Ferdinand use those exact words unless he himself heard them? John Terry was caught on camera too. Lip readers could also see the utterances of such a remark.

As for Luis Suarez, they misinterpreted translation, and changed what Luis Suarez said from ''Why'' to ''Because'', because it sounded better. ''Porque es Negro'' and I've translated this, means ''Why you're black'' and NOT ''Because you're black''. That is how the FA translated it. ''Why you're black'' makes less sense than a Alex Ferguson post match interview.

Why did John Terry only recieve half the ban that Luis Suarez did? The simple reason is the FA are hypocritical xenophobes.

Their response was typical English. ''Let's throw the book at the South American scumbag'. The precious english would have to kill someone before we throw the book at them.

There is also the ''Attempted biting incident'' I cannot understand how a yellow card can go up to a 10 match ban for the same crime?

I believe in precedent and the precedent is a yellow card and the precedent is Jermaine Defoe biting Javier Mascherano.

I'm bored of hearing about him now, it never ends always something. He wants a move if they come up with £50m then let him go and all the best.

It won't be £50 million, recent speculation suggests that Liverpool, if they are prepared to sell, want the £50 million they got for Torres topped. The bidding only starts at £50 million.

It won't be £50 million, recent speculation suggests that Liverpool, if they are prepared to sell, want the £50 million they got for Torres topped. The bidding only starts at £50 million.

The Madrid interest will hinge on who they appoint as manager. Bayern's interest hinges on the Guardiola connection.

Only a handful of clubs can afford him, but a premium will depend upon rival interest.

Guest ShoePiss

I think we hold all the cards here, I also think Suarez is one of the few players a club can keep (when they'd rather play elsewhere) and still benefit greatly. He isn't the type of player to perform half arsed, we'd get 100% from him regardless, it's all he knows.

I agree with that.

No way no how should we be cowed into allowing him to go for less than a truly astonishing fee. He's under contract for years and years yet and it's not as if he's going to pull a Tevez and refuse to play for us. We could refuse to sell him this summer and then just let him leave next summer instead and in all likelihood still get 50 million.

The problem has always been that we're not as attractive a destination as we used to be, hence we would need to overpay for the kind of talent it would take to even approach replacing him. I think we're missing a trick if Real is willing to let Higuain go if we don't use that unique situation to bring in one of the world's top (if not quite at Suarez' level) strikers. It will be hard, even with 50 million to spend, to get another striker capable of scoring 20 league goals per season to come.

That and that alone is the only reason I really hope he doesn't leave; if we wouldn't have to overpay by 20% to bring in another player of that calibre then I would say good riddance to the headache and take the money.

I think we hold all the cards here, I also think Suarez is one of the few players a club can keep (when they'd rather play elsewhere) and still benefit greatly. He isn't the type of player to perform half arsed, we'd get 100% from him regardless, it's all he knows.

Fair comment

And it is world cup year too, he will want to play.

The Madrid interest will hinge on who they appoint as manager. Bayern's interest hinges on the Guardiola connection.

Only a handful of clubs can afford him, but a premium will depend upon rival interest.

I agree with this. I don't think Liverpool if and this is only if they decide to sell won't let Luis Suarez go on the cheap. They do hold all the cards. Luis Suarez is sitting on 4 years left of a 5 year contract.

They will insist on market value. Ronaldo went for £80 million and he's the second best player in the world. Luis Suarez is the 3rd best. Therefore Liverpool can look for anything up to between £60-£80 million. Especially as Spurs are looking for £60 million for Bale.

Liverpool will also look at Manchester United demanding £35 million for Rooney, who is currently the 5th best forward in Manchester. They will insist on getting close to double that.

Haven't really been keeping up with all this but there seems to be a lot of talking going on in interviews and all that bollocks, I don't know why he doesn't just hand in a transfer request.

"So Luis how's the hamstring?"

"Of course, anyone would love to play in Madrid as it'd be beautiful in a beautiful way, and I'd have to think very hard about beautiful things like that if something beautiful happened."

Seriously, just grow a dick and say what you want.

this will always happen until we are in a position to challenge again. I'd love him to stay - but he is saying thing on a near daily basis now - get as much as we can, replace him( hard I know ) and move on.

You're somewhat confused. He's not at all annoyed with Liverpool. It's the media that are pissing him off. I reckon Luis Suarez will stay put, score 30 goals and stick two fingers up to the FA and say ''You won the battle, I won the war, you hypocritical shower of shite'. I achieved my ultimate aim. I knocked your beloved Manchester United off their fucking perch, and they fell hard.

Liverpool will also look at Manchester United demanding £35 million for Rooney, who is currently the 5th best forward in Manchester. They will insist on getting close to double that.

Im intrigued which 4 players you consider better than Rooney?

I'll give you Aguero and Van Persie, but he's arguably on par with Tevez - who's the 4th?

Im intrigued which 4 players you consider better than Rooney?

I'll give you Aguero and Van Persie, but he's arguably on par with Tevez - who's the 4th?

Here's my top five in Manchester.

Aguero

Van Persie

Tevez

Dzeko

Rooney.

Tevez has more skill his in his pinky toe than Rooney will ever have. Baconface fucked up big time when he decided to let Tevez go and keep the son of a gang rapist Berbatov.

You're somewhat confused. He's not at all annoyed with Liverpool. It's the media that are pissing him off. I reckon Luis Suarez will stay put, score 30 goals and stick two fingers up to the FA and say ''You won the battle, I won the war, you hypocritical shower of shite'. I achieved my ultimate aim. I knocked your beloved Manchester United off their fucking perch, and they fell hard.

Not confused at all, although I like you optimism.

I'm sure Suarez would find it much easier to deal with the distraction of the press in we were in the CL or challenging for honours.

Officially, we hold all the cards as he is 12 months into a contract, but in reality, unless you have the finances to " let him rot in the reserves " or let him disappear back home ala Tevez, the player usually gets their way in the end.

Aguero

Van Persie

Tevez

Dzeko

Rooney.

Tevez has more skill his in his pinky toe than Rooney will ever have. Baconface fucked up big time when he decided to let Tevez go and keep the son of a gang rapist Berbatov.

kinell

Aguero

Van Persie

Tevez

Dzeko

Rooney.

26154-Bill-Cosby-funny-gif-stFi.gif

Aguero

Van Persie

Tevez

Dzeko

Rooney.

I thought you had completely lost your marbles and was about to declare Hernandez better than Rooney. But you haven't so i'll let you off. We like to dismiss Rooney's ability as he's an ex-bitter Manc but he's still a top player. You make him sound like he's an English Voronin - he might be a bad twat, but he's a great player. Dzeko is a strange one - he blows hot and cold, he can be absolutely unplayable on his day but he can go 5 games without it being his day, so to say he is better than Rooney is naive. Rooney is a striker - and he scores a lot of goals so he get's kudos for that alone.

You have no idea just how amusing this is for me. If I didn't think I'd simply be banging my head against a wall I'd dissect it (as the vast majority of it is wrong) particularly the first sentence. About the only thing I can agree with is that Evra may not have come up to proof in a criminal trial. But that is an issue of CREDIBILITY. As for the rest, I'm still giggling.

What did I say that was so funny?

If something goes to to a court of law, the plaintiff( Evra) would have had to go to the police to make a statement. Then the accused(Luis Suarez) would be charged with said offence. Patrice Evra would have to prove without reasonable doubt that Luis Suarez was guilty.

In other words provide witnesses. He would have to prove that Luis Suarez called him what he called him x number of times. If it is proved that Luis Suarez did it less than the number of times Evra alleged he did...Luis Suarez would be found not guilty.

However here is the sticky part. Evra changed his statement and increased the number of times Luis Suarez allegedly said what he said to him. You cannot do this in a court of law.

Luis Suarez would be immediately acquitted based on this alone. The defence would prove that Evra was coerced into changing his statement. Evra would also be guilty of contempt of court. It could also be deemed perjury, which carries a maximum 7 years in prison.

Seeing as Evra mouthed off to a French radio station, Luis Suarez could in the civil courts sue him for slander. Alex Ferguson also mouthed off. He too could be sued for slander and libel. Then there is the matter of FSG taking legal action for the turmoil all this caused. They won't do Ferguson and Evra, they would go on the jugular and sue the Glazers in other words, drag Manchester United through the courts suing them for millions.

He likes them when they can confirm his interest in playing for real madrid, but not when they write about him biting people.

You're missing the point. Luis Suarez claims he's been unfairly treated by the English media. In a way he's got a point.

I'll use an example with the Jermaine Defoe/Javier Mascherano incident. Jermaine Defoe bit Javier Mascherano. According to Martin Jol, there was nothing in it. Defoe wasn't vilified by the media. Why? He's English, that's why.

Imagine if the rolls were reversed and it was Javier Mascherano that bit Jermaine Defoe? I'm 100% sure that Mascherano would be vilified by the media, called a cannibal and would get a 10 match ban from the Ferguson Association(FA). He too like Luis Suarez would be called a ''South American scumbag''.

The fact of the matter is, if you're British, you can do what you like. You can disown your mother( Bobby Charlton), force your brothers wife to have an abortion(Giggs), waste a donated liver(Best) and not a word is said. However if your not British if you attempt to bite someone and call a black person black, then you're the scum of the earth.

The hypocrisy is sickening.