You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It was about time Code had a breakdown about Rafa. It's been at least a weak since he tried to pass him off as a shit manager by crazy fact-doctoring.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa was binned for poo buys, same for Dalglish. Rodgers was walking the tightrope but may have pulled it out the fire with his last two signings. Consistently spending money on shite will get you sacked at a big club, it was ever thus.

I am constantly amazed by the weird obsession that many of our supporters STILL have with Benitez. Whether it's nuggets like Code or people who want him reappointed, the whole thing is just bizarre.

I liked Rafa (and still do) but the fact is his last season was shite, and that was compounded by a number of truly dreadful buys. End of.

Rafa was binned for poo buys, same for Dalglish. Rodgers was walking the tightrope but may have pulled it out the fire with his last two signings. Consistently spending money on shite will get you sacked at a big club, it was ever thus.

not "was" ever thus... but "is"... now.. money grabbing, stupid impatient owners,people(aka supporters) with very short memories.... pissed of now with code's stupid ,meaningless stats.. but just to try and put him right... gollum has won eff all at the bitters...yet he is replacing the most successful c--t ever in history... can he explain why??????????????

rafa might !!!!

not "was" ever thus... but "is"... now.. money grabbing, stupid impatient owners,people(aka supporters) with very short memories.... pissed of now with code's stupid ,meaningless stats.. but just to try and put him right... gollum has won eff all at the bitters...yet he is replacing the most successful c--t ever in history... can he explain why??????????????

rafa might !!!!

Wrong. It has always been this way.

Capricious owners ,impatient supporters, both with memories shaped by the last few results, that's the way it has always been.

Moyes has done as good a job as anyone might have done at Everton, it has been a case study in the opposite of your depiction of the modern game.

Rafa? The paradox of his skill set gathers pace. His success at Chelsea has been down to him simply doing the managing and coaching, and if he had done that in his last season here, or his half season at Internationale, he wouldn’t have had to go to Chelsea in the first place. Perhaps he is learning? Great manager- lousy schemer.

and replaced a manager who had won it...stupid club

Moratti has never been anything but a thug, but I agree replacing Mourinho with Rafa was not exactly the smartest, it was always going backwards from that.

So much wrong with this post.

Shallow analysis that barely scratches the surface and insteads goes for the easiest targets.

2/10

I dont know why people get annoyed when Benitez is being discussed, dont read it if it annoys you. Personally I find Code making everybody go postal at their computer screens quite funny.

rafa-benitez_1368882c.jpg

For me, some of the most exciting posts on this forum are people dropping into threads to say that they don't like discussing the topic of the thread.

Stepping up from the level we are at now - credible top 4, likely top 3 - to being competitive in Europe. You seem to believe that's easy? perhaps it is, in which case, I've no idea why the Champions League is held in such high esteem, and why it's considered the pinnacle.

The fact is... it's not easy, any more than trying to get in the top 4 is easy.

People say 'with all that money, anybody could do it' and yet in the same breath you're saying it takes luck too, and a 'proper manager'.

Its a myth, we won it with djimi traore, biscan, baros and even more shitter players

Wasnt a fluke or we wouldnt have got there 2 years later again.

It all came down to the manager and his tactics, sure you need luck as its a cup competition but 2007 was no fluke, it was the tactics applied that got us there. Being well drilled and players believing in the manager.

The players at city simply didnt believe in the way they were asked to play and didn't believe in the manager

Dalglish was a proper manager. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed success.

It's a silly term to use 'proper manager'.

You don't win a league on luck. It's a 38 game season. There's nothing lucky in winning something narrowly, anymore than that's lucky to win a sprint in photo finish.

We had a dip last season that almost cost us the title, United had one after ours and it did cost them. That's how leagues work.

No

They threw it away and but for a last minute goal so would have city

It was lucky, mancini was lucky

United rarely slip up with a 9 point lead and even then you still needed a last minute goal against QPR. It was lucky.

The fans didn't turn quickly because he'd just won the league. Hardly rocket science.

We got played off the park at Wembley because... shit happens. There was nothing inherently wrong in the team Mancini sent out... the formation was typical too... the players just didn't put the effort in (at least that's how it looked). That's not tactics.

Hahahahaha thats a good one

Shit happens?

Fucking hell mate, they are a shit team, your team cost 100's of millions it shouldnt have happened. It happened because mancini sets up a team not to lose, he doesnt try and win games, he tries not to lose them.

Your players look lost, they do every week. I've said this to you before on here, you play too slowly and dont go for teams.

I actually like your club and want you to do well, as obviously we are no match for United yet so i'd rather you win everything than those cunts.

But i've watched your games and there is so much wrong with your style and tactics its laughable that mancini lasted this long.

It could be argued that behind the scenes rifts might have played a part, or complacency... but that would be too easy an excuse. The players didn't put in the effort, Wigan did. They won. Right result.

Why didn't you put 100 quid on Wigan at the bookies if you really had the strength of your convictions? you didn't because you don't. You're 'after the fact' like the rest of us.

Another myth

You think these guys became top flight footballers without in built desire?

They hate losing in training let alone in a cup final. Thats how they get to the top, its desire and a will to win.

They do not go out on to a football pitch in a cup final and think "fuck it im not bothered today"

They can't perform to their maximum potential because of the way your manager sends your team out and what he asks of them.

They are crippled with tactics and discipline and struggle to express themselves.......to me its damn obvious

This is why i rave so much about Brendan Rodgers, he lets his players have a certain freedom within his tactics and you see them excelling. He lets their natural football talent flourish rather than making them rigid.

We don't have unlimited resources. We have plenty, but they aren't unlimited.

Really, you do need to be a bit less dramatic with your sweeping generalisations.

There are NO guarantees in football, only 'improved odds'. There's no guarantee that any manager will come in and win the league, or do well in Europe, you just never know what might happen. That's why we don't all make a fortune at the bookies. It's unpredictable, even with Ferguson or Mourinho or Dalglish at the helm. We just don't know. I don't know, you don't know.

Look at the league table. It doesn't lie. We weren't great, but it's laughable to say it was shit. It lacked a cutting edge that we had the previous season, absolutely, but you're showing yourself up to claim it was shit, just as you are when you use terms like 'a proper manager'.

Mancini had good points and bad points, and all in all City felt the bad outweighed the good. At no point has any credible footballer supporter been able to claim he's not a 'proper manager'. I suspect you actually meant "a more capable manager'. But it's evident you're prone to extreme terminology, probably as a result of extreme (or lack of) thinking.

Sensible debate on the merits of one manager vs another is always welcome, thankfully, there's enough others here capable of that!

Proper/more capable same thing really

It was a shit campagin, we had the same in 2009, we fell apart and it was shit. No point in dressing things up, even if we had a European cup winning manager who got to within 4 points of winning the league....the next season was shit.

Our tactics came back to bite us, we too sent teams out not to lose rather than trying to win, something which drives me mad about football these days.

If you raise your standards as a club, you go where you want and deserve it when you get there

the "thats alright" culture is what kills most clubs ambitions and keeps the bound to mediocrity.

That prick Fergie knew this, he had bang average players for many of those championship winning teams, but he always went to win games rather than being happy not to lost them........that ethos carried them to many titles

It is the only way to approach a sport, not just football.

When you get a proper manager who knows this, you guys will do well, and i wont be sitting here pissed off if you do win things..

Your lucky he has gone, trust me on that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So much wrong with this post.

Shallow analysis that barely scratches the surface and insteads goes for the easiest targets.

2/10

Is this what you do now: review other people's posts rather than post anything meaningful yourself?

Mancicni's record is that of a top flight manager,and winning the PL was a tremendous achievement.

This season he under achieved. It is posible to believe that he is both a top flight manager AND that his time at City had come to an end. Three years anywhere is a good run.

Virtues can become vices. The very single mindedness and self belief that won him the title can bring you down if you are going down the wrong route- a flaw that Rafanistas will be well familiar with.