You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't think Ding will win, he's getting twitchy and Barry Hawkins is playing quite solid, I really hope Judd beats Murphy, he's an absolute cock...

Also think the negative press Judd is getting is quite harsh as well, he may be a bit flash but what people need to understand is he's been stuck in a snooker club 24/7 since he was 7 years old, wasnt forced by any means but so what if he goes out and buys a Ferrari and buys Louboutin shoes, I think it's out of order, people that know him would know he's a decent lad with a good family behind him.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crucially for Ronnie, he seems mentally solid this year. Not letting mistakes get to him, responding with a smile and getting focussed quickly once he's back on the table.

Like I have said before, O'Sullivan is his own worst enemy when he's not fully in the zone.

But when he is in that zone no player in the game can stop him. Trump would fancy himself (that slight arrogance would come to the fore) but the Rocket would slaughter him in this mood.

This is so great to see. When he's won the frame like this, his clearance is really so great to see. Potting balls from impossible angles, all over the table, amazing positional play, it does make me think why he doesn't play like this from the beginning.

He just potted a red down the side of the table, from the other end you know, it had to pass the middle pocket it was that far away, about two inches from the cushion, bounced once off the jaw and in. And at quite a pace for a shot like that too.

11-1, give him the trophy now.

This is so great to see. When he's won the frame like this' date=' his clearance is really so great to see. Potting balls from impossible angles, all over the table, amazing positional play, it does make me think why he doesn't play like this from the beginning.

He just potted a red down the side of the table, from the other end you know, it had to pass the middle pocket it was that far away, about two inches from the cushion, bounced once off the jaw and in. And at quite a pace for a shot like that too.

11-1, give him the trophy now.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly.

O'Sullivan's biggest problem is his temperament. I remember him blowing big leads in major finals against the likes of Selby and the late Paul Hunter. Hendry at his peak would never allow anyone to claw back a lead in a final. If O'Sullivan had Hendry's mentality he would have won 10 titles by now.

O'Sullivan's biggest problem is his temperament. I remember him blowing big leads in major finals against the likes of Selby and the late Paul Hunter. Hendry at his peak would never allow anyone to claw back a lead in a final. If O'Sullivan had Hendry's mentality he would have won 10 titles by now.

I think he's in a different place now though. Seems calmer and more easy going.

I don't think Ding will win' date=' he's getting twitchy and Barry Hawkins is playing quite solid, I really hope Judd beats Murphy, he's an absolute cock...

Also think the negative press Judd is getting is quite harsh as well, he may be a bit flash but what people need to understand is he's been stuck in a snooker club 24/7 since he was 7 years old, wasnt forced by any means but so what if he goes out and buys a Ferrari and buys Louboutin shoes, I think it's out of order, people that know him would know he's a decent lad with a good family behind him.[/quote']

I think some people take issue with things that he says more than the fact that he's a bit flash. Example, his tweet about Stephen Lee, his comments about Neil Robertson, etc.

Here's a thing Snookerbacker said the other day:

"Which brings me to the subject of Judd, oh Judd. Judd Judd Judd……

At the end of the BBC coverage yesterday he seemed to take umbridge with a feature on the late great Joe Davis by his namesake Steve, questioning as only he can what a feature about things that happened and I quote ’3 million years ago’ offers to kids wanting to get into the sport. The feature was actually quite fascinating with lots of old footage and if I could have sat a little cherub down and given them a little history lesson I am certain they would have been asking questions about it all night. For those that want to know more about the godfather of snooker, this is a must watch maybe even show it to a kid and see what they think?

I hope that Judd was just hoping to provoke a reaction and continue to cultivate this ill-advised strategy of being snooker’s new bad boy. He’s about as bad as Florence Nightingale, who he’ll probably have to look up in one of those book things and is quickly coming across in the media at least as vacant, greedy, vulgar and as one-dimensional as a postcard. I think he needs to take his off-table career back into his own hands as he is a wonderful player but at this rate he could end up being a very unpopular world champion, perhaps even this week.

On the table he has been right back to form and if he’d just learn to do his talking there it would be quite an achievement. His verbal contributions seem manufactured and designed to shock, they don’t reflect the lad I have seen at close quarters one bit who at the risk of compromising ‘the brand’ seems thoroughly pleasant and quite humble.

This is in contrast to the likes of Ronnie or Mark Allen who, when they say things that grab the headlines are just being themselves, Judd seems too eager to create controversy and that won’t work for long. I even thought at one point that the tweet directed at the great JD was from a new spoof account that has materialised, but it appears he is turning into something of a parody of himself."

Trump is a twat. So is Ronnie but at least Ronnie's not an arrogant twat. And even if he wanted to be an arrogant twat he'd be justified since he's one of the best of all time. What has Trump done to justify his arrogance? Wanker.

What a shame the god-bothering fattie Shaun Murphy has bottled it against Trump.

I dont know whats worse, Trump being a bellend or the way the commentators eulogise over every pot he makes.

Hope Murphy beats him here.

As a side note, you can see the quality getting higher. The break building is getting much better.

Very true.

But you rarely get both Ronnie's raw talent with Hendry's rock solid temperament in the same player. They tend to be mutually exclusive traits.