You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Its hard to point the finger at the people providing the money when the football men we have seem to be clueless at recognizing footballers and their value.

Football men like Comolli hired by people like FSG, you mean?

Let's not forget the 3 year period where those supposedly there to provide the money were instead stealing it.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Rodgers is he is proud of his players or the fucking "group" win lose or draw, surely affects players mentality. Fergie would fuckin roast em..:telloff:

We've no idea what's actually being said behind closed doors.

His appointment was always a huge risk but given his lack of experience it was equally going to take more than one season, he'll be here next season so that'll be the time to draw a few conclusions. Personally I don't think he's up to it, not that it's an inconsiderable task. Next season he really has to show consistent progress. Just have a feeling this is kind of his level and he'll be talking up a 7th place finish next season.

Martin O'Neill's available though so all is not lost!

Borini's been injured most of the season, Allen wasn't bought to score goals, Assaidi only cost 2 million, Yesil's 17 or something.

A staggering waste of money is £35 million on Andy Carroll, £20 million on Stewart Downing, for example.

Carroll was signed in January, not the summer. If you want to include him you have to add in Suarez, otherwise leave him out. Rodgers seems just fine with Downing (picked over Sturridge today) Enrique and Henderson.

The huge sums we've spent and were are still worse than Everton. Its hard to point the finger at the people providing the money when the football men we have seem to be clueless at recognizing footballers and their value. We buy one good player for every 10 piles of shit.

I know this will infuriate some if not most but I think Johnson for all his glittery moments weakens us as a unit. You get a little finesse out of him every now and then because he's capable of the odd run he gets over rated, there is a few in our team we've over rated who flatter to deceive its no wonder we are fairly shit, we've seen so many shit squad players given chance after chance that average players doing an average job seem great.

Kelly will be given another go before long.

Carroll was signed in January, not the summer. If you want to include him you have to add in Suarez, otherwise leave him out. Rodgers seems just fine with Downing (picked over Sturridge today) Enrique and Henderson.

It's perfectly ok for me to use Carroll as an example of a "staggering waste of money" regardless of when he was signed. Suarez was a brilliant signing. I don't get your point.

Football men like Comolli hired by people like FSG, you mean?

Let's not forget the 3 year period where those supposedly there to provide the money were instead stealing it.

Yeah it was a disgrace but it still doesn't excuse spending what we have badly. Rafas final window he bought a rightback for 18 million and an 18 million pound midfielder. Not many clubs or manager get that type of money for two positions, one was okay the other a pile of wank. Kenny and Commoli other than the Suarez transfer may aswell of set fire to the money and Rodgers last summer should of just took that 26 million and give it to some tramp.

Why do we as a club get it so wrong so often, we can't be cursed. Other managers with smaller budgets and less support from owners and scouting staff seem to spot players and buy well. We seem to sift through wades of shit until we eventually find a nugget of gold, which eventually we have to sell and then sift through more shit. Be nice if we can get some more nuggets of gold before we need to sell. If we keep getting one world class player then having to sell him to buy another one, we are going to be stuck in this shite forever.for fucks sake can someone at the club genuinely do their homework.

I'm of the opinion we've got so much technology and software and shite we use to identify players ie stats and shit that we've lost what smaller clubs have and that's genuine talent spotters with out the need for a book of stats showing why we should sign this player. Downing is a stat buy and he's fucking crap.

Yeah it was a disgrace but it still doesn't excuse spending what we have badly. Rafas final window he bought a rightback for 18 million and an 18 million pound midfielder. Not many clubs or manager get that type of money for two positions, one was okay the other a pile of wank. Kenny and Commoli other than the Suarez transfer may aswell of set fire to the money and Rodgers last summer should of just took that 26 million and give it to some tramp.

Why do we as a club get it so wrong so often, we can't be cursed. Other managers with smaller budgets and less support from owners and scouting staff seem to spot players and buy well. We seem to sift through wades of shit until we eventually find a nugget of gold, which eventually we have to sell and then sift through more shit. Be nice if we can get some more nuggets of gold before we need to sell. If we keep getting one world class player then having to sell him to buy another one, we are going to be stuck in this shite forever.for fucks sake can someone at the club genuinely do their homework.

I'm of the opinion we've got so much technology and software and shite we use to identify players ie stats and shit that we've lost what smaller clubs have and that's genuine talent spotters with out the need for a book of stats showing why we should sign this player. Downing is a stat buy and he's fucking crap.

Bit harsh on Aquilani, No?

It's perfectly ok for me to use Carroll as an example of a "staggering waste of money" regardless of when he was signed. Suarez was a brilliant signing. I don't get your point.

you lumped in Carroll not as evidence of individual waste but to make Commoli's/Dalglish's signings appear more wasteful compared to Rodgers. If you're going to include Carroll than its only fair to include Suarez who in my mind more than makes up for Carroll.

you lumped in Carroll not as evidence of individual waste but to make Commoli's/Dalglish's signings appear more wasteful compared to Rodgers. If you're going to include Carroll than its only fair to include Suarez who in my mind more than makes up for Carroll.

Well, I didn't really. I said Carroll was a staggering waste of money where Borini and Allen aren't or at least haven't yet proven to be so. Obviously Suarez is different. Rodgers has made 4 signings really, Borini, Allen, Coutinho, Sturridge. Hardly a bad strike rate as things stand now when comapred to Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Adam, etc. Just trying to lend some perspective to the argument. I'm not looking to go down the road of Kenny's signings v Rodgers' to make some pre-determined point. We can judge Kenny's signings better as they've been here longer though and none, bar Enrique, are good enough to influence our future positively.

Guest San Don
0KbDVDyKWbg

I thought that was a stone wall pen and Im at the other end of the Centenary. That lad knew exactly what he was doing kicking his legs out like that then making out Gerrard had made a meal of it.

I thought that was a stone wall pen and Im at the other end of the Centenary. That lad knew exactly what he was doing kicking his legs out like that then making out Gerrard had made a meal of it.

Its a dive and a bad one at that, Stevie just keeps his face on the ground cos he knows it too.

I hate the diving in the game now, so im not going to be one eyed about it because its one of ours.

The defender touches the ball too.

Rogers needs locking up for criminal usage of Gerrard. He's played all the games yes and been an average shit, I dont blame Steve for that tho clearly he is being used as a deep lying midfeilder to suit Rogers wank playground football system while Bumnuts like Henmanian and Allen are given licence to get forward.

johnson, enrique, downing, henderson, lucas... 5 players in the team today , simply not good enough in the positions they play. they all may be good enough in a better team but not in ours. we need 2 FULL BACKS, not wingers... we need midfielders who can CREATE,not pass back to pepe all the time...

The mistakes are being made at all levels, each one compounding the last.

The Comolli appointment was a horror show on it's own, he played a part in signing Carroll for that soul-destroying fee, as did Kenny in an interim role before being installed half-heartedly as permanent manager then dismissed a year later with a huge pay-off, much like Comolli, who's nailed on dismissal we even managed to lose out on in a tribunal. By this time Carroll finally hints at being close to the player Kenny and Comolli wanted but our new manager advocates a style of football he'll never fit into - massive loss on the fee paid now inevitable rather than just likely, while needing to sign a new striker who for various reasons does nothing. And that's just one example.

We can all can pick and choose plenty of mistakes by an individual on loads of subjects depending what position you take on which item, but there can't be a Liverpool fan alive who fails to find our collective dealings in recent times a hideously unplanned and catastrophic shit bowl. We're supposedly planning long-term through being economical and "working smarter" to make up the shortfall of having a worse squad and less pulling power than the top 4 or 5, but put this into practice by making loads of reactive, short-term and contradictory moves, everyone involved fucking up their fair share, then making more changes so recovery's even harder as our wonky structure is ultimately being built on sand. It's no surprise where we are on the pitch, it's like letting a load of pissed children design your dream home.

Maybe they should put this up above the "This Is Anfield" sign:

tour_house.jpg

Has anybody seen Xerxes? I'm becoming a little concerned, he's normally back from the game in haste, to post his flawed match analysis in full.

The big ladies part.

ETA : Stand down the St Bernards, I see he's reading the thread.

Give the man a chance to raid his thesaurus.

Has anybody seen Xerxes? I'm becoming a little concerned, he's normally back from the game in haste, to post his flawed match analysis in full.

The big ladies part.

ETA : Stand down the St Bernards, I see he's reading the thread.

A shrewd post in full.

Rodgers has four objectives now; to improve upon KK’s league position last season, to improve upon KK’s points total last season, to finish above Everton and to secure an EL qualifying league position. Only the latter is looking doubtful after this game.

On the plus side, a clean sheet and another unbeaten game is good news. A game for Brendan against a seasoned PL manager like Big Sam was always going to be a challenge for him,and a draw no disgrace, but history shows that West Ham only turn up at Anfield to eat the half time oranges and our lack of ambition was baffling.

Coutinho played well, but overall , you have to ask whether the players were up for it as much as the fans. We had most of the possession, but Allardyce doesn’t care about that, he is just interested in keeping the opposition out of the danger areas- and he succeeded in that. Johnson’s fragility as a full back defensively against quality opposition is routine, but against bread and butter opposition like West Ham, I expect him to show his strength, his attacking flair. He didn’t.

Last season we petered out under Kenny, a repeat performance does not augur well for next season. This team should be capable of making an EL challenge next season, but several players will need to up their game to do so.

We never looked like scoring tbh and lacked inspiration all game.

Coutinho was the stand out for me and Agger at the back did well along with Reina who was solid when called upon.

If I was Rodgers though I`d make getting Diame in as a part of any Carroll deal as a priority. He`s twice the player the painfully average Lucas is. He`s got pace, power, drive and presence, all the things Lucas hasn`t.

Very disappointing, I think this definitely kills off any European hopes.

Yeah cutie Coutinho was good, I guess Rodgers' only redemption as far as transfers go. But we need another one like him to unlock those 11-man defences. He obviously can't do it by himself.

By seasoned I hope to god you mean rubbed with salt and pepper, and that you're not trying to big up the fat-headed fraud.

I was just pointing out the obvious, Allardyce knows his way around the PL, Rodgers is still learning the ropes.