You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

No, the point is, he was bought as a central midfielder and finds himself as a right wing back because we had a manager who was too clever for his own fucking good. Despite doing pretty fucking well when called upon in that role for a few games.

Oh dear. I'll spell it out then. It doesnt matter what position a professional footballer plays. If he's easily beaten by a player running past him at RB or wherever, the chances are that'll happen anywhere on the park.

Unless you're calling into question his professionalism (which i dont think you are) and he cant be arsed stopping people running past him because he doesnt like playing RB despite having played there on ocassions in Germany.

I think Rodgers will get the sack. A lot of people are doubting FSG will do it, but they did it with Kenny, who won a trophy don't forget.

Rodgers doesn't have a leg to stand on in any aspect of this season.

The question is who we get in? I'm split between Rafa and Klopp.

Klopp is a much younger man and the similiarites between us and Dortmund could be a perfect fit. But he's still a risk. I actually love watching his press conferences love his personality.

Rafa on the other hand knows the club inside out, but do you go back to a manager? There is no doubt that Rafa's gets us, but he bought his fair share of shite, although he did bring in some quality. Then there's his last couple of seasons that tailed off really badly.

Who else is there in terms of candidates? De Boer?

We definitely cannot afford to make another managerial mistake otherwise we are in danger of falling further behind.

Hey, get your Tazmania avatar back Mr WasBorn.

Oh dear. I'll spell it out then. It doesnt matter what position a professional footballer plays. If he's easily beaten by a player running past him at RB or wherever, the chances are that'll happen anywhere on the park.

Unless you're calling into question his professionalism (which i dont think you are) and he cant be arsed stopping people running past him because he doesnt like playing RB despite having played there on ocassions in Germany.

You know there's only one real solution don't you?

Sign the Stoke player that caused the problem. That's if Ayre, etc, can pull it off of course.

You know there's only one real solution don't you?

Sign the Stoke player that caused the problem. That's if Ayre, etc, can pull it off of course.

OK so you dont think players going past him is going to be a problem if he plays in midfield?

That's fair enough if you think that. Im just saying Im not convinced by him yet.

OK so you dont think players going past him is going to be a problem if he plays in midfield?

That's fair enough if you think that. Im just saying Im not convinced by him yet.

I don't want to judge him until he's had some time in midfield. No idea what happened against Stoke, had a hangover and also missed a lot of the worst parts as my stream (thankfully.) went down just before they started scoring.

Maybe, but he is far less likely to come across opposition players with the ability to dribble past him in midfield than on the wings. Quality dribblers are more the exception than the rule in centre midfield, whilst it's the complete opposite with wingers whose very job is to take on defenders. And, it's much more dangerous losing the ball in centre midfield than it is on the wings. Can's one-on-one defending ability doesn't worry too much in centre midfield. Many slower players and poorer tacklers have done just fine in midfield. Scholes has had an exceptional career in centre midfield without being able to tackle for shit.

My main worry with Can is his inability to track opposition players' runs. He's constantly caught ball watching. Gerrard has been lambasted for constantly failing to track opposition runs, and I could see the same happening with Can unless we get a manager who can coach that into him.

• Upvote 1

Then he's an idiot.

why is he ?  ok it aint worked out but then i think we have to look  at the fact rodgers was never going to use him anyway  id be pissed if i had been treated in that manner aswell 

• Upvote 1