You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Probably the best album ever produced in my opinion. Radiohead are not even my favourite band but The Bends somehow covers every angle, tortures every note, has massive highs and lows, encompasses vicious punk-like thrashy guitar and stunningly beautiful finger picking awesomeness.

From Planet Telex to Sulk; there's nothing not to love about this album.

There are some amazing albums in the juke box of Lurtz but I think The Bends beats them all. Yeah, even Damned Damned Damned isn't as good as The Bends.

My Iron Lung sums up the album for me. Just stunning.

[YOUTUBE]pRU-6vaKaf4[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb album. My favourite of theirs, although I know many think OK Computer.

Think there may be a Radiohead album poll thread actually.

Yeah I think there is a poll somewhere old chap. Thought The Bends in all its marvellousness deserved a mention though.

Watched a thing on TV a couple of years ago about the best albums of all time. OK Computer won it I think. Never understood, as excellent as OK is, why anyone would think it's better than The Bends.

Probably the best album ever produced in my opinion. Radiohead are not even my favourite band but The Bends somehow covers every angle, tortures every note, has massive highs and lows, encompasses vicious punk-like thrashy guitar and stunningly beautiful finger picking awesomeness.

From Planet Telex to Sulk; there's nothing not to love about this album.

There are some amazing albums in the juke box of Lurtz but I think The Bends beats them all. Yeah, even Damned Damned Damned isn't as good as The Bends.

My Iron Lung sums up the album for me. Just stunning.

[YOUTUBE]pRU-6vaKaf4[/YOUTUBE]

Can't rep you Lurtz "as I have to spread them around"?? first. Great fucking call. My #1 album of all time.

Enjoy...

[YOUTUBE]PXyrCRd1ikw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-_qMagfZtv8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IrTB-iiecqk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KG-adf3Z7_A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KglFXn0fg9M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2NtbMaH1puo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XQXGLdqvfak[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rrigGPOfNAU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SdcaTDeLmto[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE8XMMSIhM0KQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CppqiKdA_Co[/YOUTUBE]

It's a game of opinions Fuge old boy.

I have to agree with Fuge here Lurtzy. As good as the production is on The Bends, I automatically have about 20 albums coming into my mind that are way above The Bends for their production.

For me Dark Side of The Moon is the best produced album, but I think In Rainbows in the history of Radiohead is leagues ahead for production.

As you say though it is a game of opinions.

You're just behind. *whistles*

Whale song dirge.

Have you ever been right about anything ever? How about you tell us what you actually like instead of just slagging off everything everyone else likes.

I love The Bends, not many albums are brilliant from start to finish but this is, my soundtrack to 1995. I saw them play near enough the whole album live when they headlined one night at T In The Park in 1996. What a lineup we had at T that year - Pulp, Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Manics, Leftfeld, Black Grape, also spent a fair bit of time in the dance tent being into getting off my face back at the time.

I have never listened to the bends. Im aware of some of the songs but im not a radiohead fan.

However, some of you fine chaps really do know your shit. So on this basis I am going to purchase it so I can judge it for myself.

That's how I roll on a hangover. Spontaneous.

I have never listened to the bends. Im aware of some of the songs but im not a radiohead fan.

However, some of you fine chaps really do know your shit. So on this basis I am going to purchase it so I can judge it for myself.

That's how I roll on a hangover. Spontaneous.

You won't regret it, it's brilliant from start to finish.