You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 7m

Liverpool is officially in talks with #Ajax for Belgian defender Alderweireld (24). Still, there has been no bid made. To be continued. #LFC

That has just come up in my feed though, no idea if legitimate.

What the fuck are we talking to him about?

LFD, United don't have to spend, they're the Champions, we need to spend just to keep up with 4th and 5th place

I think United do need to spend. They might be Champions, but Ferguson has gone and they might have lost the fear factor.

I don't believe we are only competing with Spurs and Arsenal for top four, I think United might be dragged into it as well.

We've had this back and forth before but their squad is looking strong. It's too simplistic just to look at Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho.

They've got quality all over the pitch now and they've got depth to back it up.

We don't. We've got a good first 11, probably capable of matching them on any given day. But we're an injury crisis away from looking like a league 1 side in comparison to them.

We have got some depth, not as much as them - but I think our first XI is better than theirs. They also need a bigger squad as they are in Europe.

We've had this back and forth before but their squad is looking strong. It's too simplistic just to look at Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho.

They've got quality all over the pitch now and they've got depth to back it up.

We don't. We've got a good first 11, probably capable of matching them on any given day. But we're an injury crisis away from looking like a league 1 side in comparison to them.

aside from Vertonghen and Lloris they are shite defensively

i think we are being primed for a sale. JH's approach to the Suarez saga was/is motivated by wanting to retain a prime asset. The wage bill has been trimmed. We are not buying any major signings.

I'm not saying anything here that others haven't, but I am now at this conclusion. Will happily eat crow if in the remaining 4 days, we buy serious quality.

As I said in the FSG thread,

FSG can't spend the cash they got from tv rights and sales this summer. They've spunked on it. It's all stuck together.

Yes, but they were careful not to overspunk. They are saving some of their spunk for January. They can spunk on as much cash as any club.

Yes, but they were careful not to overspunk. They are saving some of their spunk for January. They can spunk on as much cash as any club.

What do you want them to do? Use all their spunk? What if Christina Hendricks, Olivia Wilde and Shakira all walked into the room, moments later?

I'll tell you what, you'd be moaning that we shouldn't have used all of our spunk.

What do you ant them to do? Use all their spunk? What if Christina Hendricks, Olivia Wilde and Shakira all walked into the room, moments later?

I'll tell you what, you'd be moaning that we shouldn't have used all of our spunk.

Bollocks. We'll end up with Mandy Dingle on loan.