You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

kingkenny78

Just replaced my SL 72s with the Dragon re-release. I've got to say that although the SL 72s looked boss they only really lasted me around a year as the material is easy to scuff, look a totally different colour now.

Yeah, Sl72's look good, but they aren't for day to day hammer really.

They weren't a issue that I ever got into. I have the Starsky and Hutch limited release ones and the Malmo colourway, but the Sl80's were a much better shoe. The Navy/Gold colourway 80's are smashing.

Sambas in dark blue & white, mid green & white and a rare pair in ?dajade (dirty dark green) on black with gum soles

Campus 80s in red/white (2 pair) which fades to tangerine with only a bit of wear.

Gazelle II in ruby / white

Gazelle OG in red/white, purple/white

Gazelle indoor in red/white and the team GB olympics in dark blue/red/white

Spezials in iron / aluminium, blue & white

Country IIs in white/forest/chrome

Chile 62s in coffee/bone and black/bone

Ruby Gazelles and Red Gazelle indoors are my current faves.

Most of the above are boxed and mint with careful dry weather wear and protector spray, all in size 12. Just have 1-2 pairs for regular use which get worn into the ground.

Look boss with just about any narrow cut jeans, the Countrys are best with sorts. Iconic shoes.

Smelly Nike 90s for five-a -side though.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is sacrilege posting these in this thread, feel free to neg.

It’s back – Nike Air Huarache OG | SIZE?

Out this Friday

I begged/moaned/sulked for months to get a pair of these flash bastards. The old dear finally caved in and I wore them to death.

I don't really do much running and they wouldn't really go with my get up but my 10 year old self is more than tempted.

Out this Friday

I begged/moaned/sulked for months to get a pair of these flash bastards. The old dear finally caved in and I wore them to death.

I don't really do much running and they wouldn't really go with my get up but my 10 year old self is more than tempted.

Horrendous..Makes some of the recent adidas abortions look almost good.

New Balance?

Some top trainer testimonials on here.

Always Adidas for me. Current daily use faves in KK78 towers include Trabs in red suede, ZX600 in grey/yellow, Spezials in black and now the new Trabs in navy nubuck. I've also got some Keglers and Munchens in white that only see the summer months and ZX750's in a fucked navy blue/mud colourway for dog walking duties.

I find the Gazelles run small ( I'm an 11 ), but got a boss navy blue pair in the States last year in an 11.5 that fit perfectly. I also got a pair of Grand Slams last year online and found them to be chronically small made. The size difference between some lines in the same brand can be ridiculous, although I've found the 'bigger' styles (Munchen, Trab, ZX) generally run true. If you buy direct from Adidas you get the option of half sizes but delivery can be slow as they come direct from Germany.

My old mate on here years back, PaddyBerger15, had an amazing Adidas collection full of really rare deadstock, and was extremely knowledgable on all of Mr Dassler's footwear products.

Meanwhile at kingkenny78s house...

default.jpg

DaPamantis me old fruit!

Those look like Spezials to me mate.

How you diddling these days anyway? I kinda baled from here about a year ago, but I've just got my goldmember status renewed.

Are the big hitters still hitting? Same old, same old bores and rep whores still boring/whoring?

I really like the Onitsuka Tiger retro ones. Escpecially the California 78 and to a lesser degree the Mexico 66 ones. They have some great color combos:

California:

california-pack.jpg

I've got this style:

62159_1.jpg

And then there are the yellow Mexico 66 ones Bruce Lee wore (I can't pull off yellow sneakers, though):

Onitsuka-Tiger-Mexico-66-Yellow-Black-02.jpg

There is also a special Tai Chi Kill Bill Edition, but they are rather ugly.

Out this Friday

What do you wear?

They'd look sound with a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt/sweatshirt, them.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Pretty rank them to be honest (sorry!)

remind me of them Sketchers big soled efforts that are meant to be great for waliking in!

NikeAirMaxloyal!

I really like the Onitsuka Tiger retro ones. Escpecially the California 78 and to a lesser degree the Mexico 66 ones. They have some great color combos:

California:

california-pack.jpg

I've got this style:

62159_1.jpg

And then there are the yellow Mexico 66 ones Bruce Lee wore (I can't pull off yellow sneakers, though):

Onitsuka-Tiger-Mexico-66-Yellow-Black-02.jpg

There is also a special Tai Chi Kill Bill Edition, but they are rather ugly.

They are class. And still uncommon enough to stand apart from the crowd.