You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Fuck it, we've played them now. Let them get put to the sword by whoever, it's of no concern to us. If they can only muster one chance against us they'll be as unlikely to make an impression against Citeh. He's turned them into Everton, that's good enough for this season.

Olympiakos have played 11 and lost 11 in England. What are the chances of Moyes and his team reversing that record, much like they've done with numerous others this season? If Olympiakos get through, it will be their first quarter final appearance in 15 years. I was surprised when I heard that because they're one of those teams that qualify for the Champions League every year only to fail to get out of their group.

I want them out tonight.  The reason I'm absolutely certain they can't win it with the current set-up is Moyes.  As poor as their side is you still never completely know otherwise, the better teams could help knock one another out and they get their customary easy route through. 

Unlikely of course (them doing well in the CL if the following comes to pass), but say Moyes scrambles over the line tonight, gets beaten by West Ham and humiliated by City.  They could be in the QF with an actual manager at the helm, one who might actually be able to play to their strengths and ride the huge relief they would all feel.  

Personally I want to know they're not in the Champions League this time tomorrow, it's the crucial step in their continuing collapse.

• Upvote 2

I want them out tonight.  The reason I'm absolutely certain they can't win it with the current set-up is Moyes.  As poor as their side is you still never completely know otherwise, the better teams could help knock one another out and they get their customary easy route through. 

Unlikely of course (them doing well in the CL if the following comes to pass), but say Moyes scrambles over the line tonight, gets beaten by West Ham and humiliated by City.  They could be in the QF with an actual manager at the helm, one who might actually be able to play to their strengths and ride the huge relief they would all feel.  

Personally I want to know they're not in the Champions League this time tomorrow, it's the crucial step in their continuing collapse.

The equivalent of the Di Matteo effect.

I'm 99% sure of that myself, but weak teams sometimes win things, so I'm not going to get greedy hoping for a proper rout off one of the superpowers just in case, not when I can hope for one last comedy Xmas special tonight.

It's over, he's dead in the water.  A nominal win over a terrible Olympiacos will sustain the inevitable for a week or two, but not in any meaningful way that would advantage us.  He's gone between now and the summer, so for me out with a bang tonight does just fine.

I want an excellent display tonight - 20 shots on targets, 18 of which are near misses. 2-0 up when an horrendous refereeing decision / world class strike breaks their heart followed by a storming win over West Ham & a deserved draw against City. That way there's the slightest chance he might go on to be afforded the opportunity to plan for next season.