You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

17 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Its not a bad comparison at all - its actually a really insightful one and a far better explanation for why Suarez's side just got thumped 8-2 in 90 minutes than anything else out there, and you thinking its "bad" just reveals your own shortcomings in analysis. If he can't cover the ground then he is useless to the system, and if he's useless to the system then he isn't ever in the reckoning to step on the pitch for us because the system more so than any other factor is what turned us into a nigh-on flawless team over the past 30 months.

Thanks @No2

You hit on in your post. Covering the ground and pressing like fuck is our system. It’s not Barca’s, not fucking rocket science. So it is a bad comparison. Have a look at your own shortcomings you self righteous tit. It’s all moot anyway as it’ll never happen. 

50 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

You hit on in your post. Covering the ground and pressing like fuck is our system. It’s not Barca’s, not fucking rocket science. So it is a bad comparison. Have a look at your own shortcomings you self righteous tit. It’s all moot anyway as it’ll never happen. 

The comparison I made twice wasn't just to 2 or 3 players it was to every other forward in the CL. There must be 65 other forwards in the competition and all bar 2 run more than him. Honestly I can't understand how any Liverpool fan can watch him play football and think he can do a job of any description for us. He's as immobile as Ricky Lambert when we signed him, he's approaching Neil Ruddock levels. 

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

The comparison I made twice wasn't just to 2 or 3 players it was to every other forward in the CL. There must be 65 other forwards in the competition and all bar 2 run more than him. Honestly I can't understand how any Liverpool fan can watch him play football and think he can do a job of any description for us. He's as immobile as Ricky Lambert when we signed him, he's approaching Neil Ruddock levels. 

Dearest No 2,

I know that sounds yucky when written out.

Just compared him to 65 other forwards in the controversial "GOLAS SCORED" category.

He is top 5 this lad. So there are 50+ fellas who seem to be running around alot. ALOT!!

20 minutes ago, No2 said:

You started with a decent argument and are just getting silly now.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Dearest No 2,

Just compared him to 65 other forwards in the controversial "GOLAS SCORED" category.

He is top 5 this lad. So there are 50+ fellas who seem to be running around alot. ALOT!!

You're arguing as if it's some big mystery that Suarez is still a pretty good player. He's just nowhere near as good anymore as he used to be, has certain skills and part of his game that are now eroded and he has massive former baggage with the club. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Dearest No 2,

Off those 65 only 4 or 5 have the necessary skills set to play for us. Most will be ruled out because they're not talented enough, a handful will be scratched off because they don't run. I love Suarez, my favourite ever red but he's now a fat lazy cunt.

• Downvote 1

We can leave this thread here because this isn't happening in a million years (and to be honest, I don't think anybody on here is that fucking bothered, but rather thought it was a fanciful way of getting a top class player whilst apparently being broke as fuck). I totally accept the reasons I think the club wouldn't, but absolutely none of them have to do with his playing ability.

BUT...

There's a good number of posters on this forum that need to be reminded that Michael Edwards isn't going to shag them. Bored of people pulling spurious rationale out of their arse and thinking they're some high-brow cutting edge football analysts who "see something deeper" than what is patently obvious. I'd bet anything I could probably go back in time and find posts from some of you pronouncing how VVD was shite, overpriced and no better than Lovren when we balls'd up our original approach and had to walk away with our tail between our legs.

Luis Suarez is still a fucking brilliant player. Luis Suarez is BY FAR better than any of the deputy attackers we have (or seemingly, can afford). Luis Suarez would 1000000% guarantee goals and assists, regardless of his fucking bleep test results or your selective stat picking from certain seasons. 

Bringing back Suarez for free on sensible wages would be prime Ferguson. As much as I can't stand him, he knew how to win titles.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, The Gaul said:

My view would be if we sign him we don't play him for 90, he gets the last 30 or the 1st 60 and can channel his energy (or perhaps his pain) in to short periods. For me this is not about buying some superstar for years to come, it's patching a gap with top quality due to our reluctance to bring in someone more strategic and younger like Werner. If minamino had set the world alight, or origi offered more, it wouldn't be an issue - but origi has been around long enough for us to see he offers very little and as.much as I want minamino to succeed he looks a lad who doesn't think he should be here to me. 

It's the pacy wide player that we really need though isn't it?

Whilst Suarez, even though he is fat and can't run, is obviously better than Origi, we've got a number of players who could do a job as a centre forward.  Not a single one who offers the pace and golas to fill in for Mane and Salah.

There's no way you could play Suarez in one of those wide positions these days, so I don't actually think it makes that much sense anyway really.  Could always change the system a bit if we did have him back though I suppose.

7 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

We can leave this thread here because this isn't happening in a million years (and to be honest, I don't think anybody on here is that fucking bothered, but rather thought it was a fanciful way of getting a top class player whilst apparently being broke as fuck). I totally accept the reasons I think the club wouldn't, but absolutely none of them have to do with his playing ability.

BUT...

There's a good number of posters on this forum that need to be reminded that Michael Edwards isn't going to shag them. Bored of people pulling spurious rationale out of their arse and thinking they're some high-brow cutting edge football analysts who "see something deeper" than what is patently obvious. I'd bet anything I could probably go back in time and find posts from some of you pronouncing how VVD was shite, overpriced and no better than Lovren when we balls'd up our original approach and had to walk away with our tail between our legs.

Luis Suarez is still a fucking brilliant player. Luis Suarez is BY FAR better than any of the deputy attackers we have (or seemingly, can afford). Luis Suarez would 1000000% guarantee goals and assists, regardless of his fucking bleep test results or your selective stat picking from certain seasons. 

Bringing back Suarez for free on sensible wages would be prime Ferguson. As much as I can't stand him, he knew how to win titles.

Seriously go and find one post saying any of that about Van Dijk.  It’s just some fantasy land you live in.  The reality was the posters who have got a brain in their heads and were proved right in the end were saying trust Klopp and the club.  They will wait for Van Dijk because that’s who they want.  The bed wetting hysterical fanny brigade of which you should run for leader were demanding that club should move on and sign a different player with the money.  Thankfully the club isn’t being run by complete muppets.

When the fuck did prime Ferguson bring any player back that had fucked his club over?  When did prime Ferguson ever bring any player back to his club at all actually?  Thinking about it the only two free transfers I think he made in his whole United career were Laurent Blanc and Michael Owen you clueless bell end.

BUT...

Michael Owen is the perfect comparison. Used to be this that and the other but isn't anymore. That's what Suarez is now with maybe 6 more months left in the tank than Owen had then. If Suarez was up for a similar type play as you pay deal then it's a no brainer, he won't be though. He currently earns twice what our highest paid player gets.

On 31/08/2017 at 20:30, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Anybody even calling this window as average is having a laugh. It's been fucking atrocious.

We apologised and officially ended our interest in Van Dijk on June 7th. 85 days ago. We couldn't find a single alternative? Really?? Our entire summer strategy to getting a CB was 'hoping' a club would invite us to buy him after fucking them off enough to report us?!

Laughably incompetent. 

On 31/08/2017 at 20:34, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Only because Arsenal capitulated, and even then the other fallout team last year (Utd) look a shoe in for top four.

Even if you end up being right (which is no certainty), 'good enough for top 4' is not good enough. How many motherfucking years do these cunts want to keep money in their pocket and make our manager work miracles?

SPEND SOME FUCKING MONEY YOU CUNTS.

On 31/08/2017 at 22:36, FrenchEyeGlass said:

It was a good move, but it wasn't difficult. We literally just paid them for the privilege of paying them - they had no reason to reject it.

We can't negotiate transfers that aren't slam dunks.

On 29/07/2017 at 15:24, FrenchEyeGlass said:

If this club seriously went into the summer with identifying more than two targets, then they are inept beyond belief. And that includes Klopp.

This is why the line "well what are we supposed to do if clubs don't sell" holds no fucking water. If one player isn't available, you find a fucking alternative. We finished fourth, barely, and have an embarrassingly thin squad - we are not Real Madrid. There are literally hundreds of players that would improve us.

I don't think we have alternatives though, because every window thus far has followed this same pattern. How many players has Klopp identified as the "one and only must have", and then never even bothered to go back for them?

If Keita is so great why didn't we try sign him after Dembele fell through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 17/08/2017 at 23:35, FrenchEyeGlass said:

He is the one negotiating all of the deals and failing miserably to do so.

He's also a silent fucknut.

Why this cunt is entrusted to shape the future of our club alongside (and perhaps moreso than) Klopp is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

BUT...

Eh? The Ferguson that binned off Ince in his prime because he was a prize bellend? Binned off Stam and Beckham when they pissed him off and ruthlessly fucked Keane off when he was past his peak?

I'd actually argue the opposite of what you say is true. Some people raving about him are looking only at his footballing stats and ability, when footy is about much more than that, not only in the dressing room and in terms of how the wider squad relates and plays together, but also in terms of the club's image and club/fan pride too.

I don't want a player who's been a cunt to the club back at the club because what does that say about us as fans if all is forgiven as long as you put a few goals away? We start down that road, then why not just get the rich Arab owners and mercenary players we're always saying we don't want?

I don't care what the spreadsheet says or how much better than Origi he is. When you think of the players and managers we've had down the years that put the club first, many who brought more graft and ability than they did goals or skill, having shitbags like this back is an insult to them and their legacy IMO.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

It's the pacy wide player that we really need though isn't it?

Whilst Suarez, even though he is fat and can't run, is obviously better than Origi, we've got a number of players who could do a job as a centre forward.  Not a single one who offers the pace and golas to fill in for Mane and Salah.

There's no way you could play Suarez in one of those wide positions these days, so I don't actually think it makes that much sense anyway really.  Could always change the system a bit if we did have him back though I suppose.

maybe it is a pacey wide player in an ideal world. but i am taking the view it will be suarez or someone who is still at the club, i don't think we will buy a pacey wide player this year and i am thinking about how tough this season will be to handle and we might be really grateful of an old timer who can chip in with goals and assists and maybe take a few minutes out of the legs of our main men against lesser opposition. If we can magic the money for this pacey wide man, nice, let's get him in.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

BUT...

Hilarious 

It isn’t happening because I don’t think we are as special to him enough to want a return and our transfer strategy would never allow it, but I wouldn’t be adverse to it, in fact the boiled piss alone would be worth it.

Yes he treated the club as a stepping stone with his agitating for a move to Arsenal first but he stayed worked hard gave us a great season and then earned the move to Barcelona which was his ultimate dream.

The luis now could do more than a job for us. I think he’d be motivated by the way it’s ended at Barca and he’ll want to prove himself again and his sheer will to win using every tool he has (moral or not) would be invaluable. He might not be as quick and may have to adapt but I’m sure he could. Even in that 8-2 rout his goal was a great bit of play and finish. 

I also think it’s hard to judge any Barca player as they haven’t all turned to shit over night. A year ago (before origi) they were on for a treble. Granted that they Mentally they seem all over the place but you can’t doubt that some of them have still have real quality. wherever he goes I expect him to do well. It won’t be at anfield though.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Eh? The Ferguson that binned off Ince in his prime because he was a prize bellend? Binned off Stam and Beckham when they pissed him off and ruthlessly fucked Keane off when he was past his peak?

I'd actually argue the opposite of what you say is true. Some people raving about him are looking only at his footballing stats and ability, when footy is about much more than that, not only in the dressing room and in terms of how the wider squad relates and plays together, but also in terms of the club's image and club/fan pride too.

I don't want a player who's been a cunt to the club back at the club because what does that say about us as fans if all is forgiven as long as you put a few goals away? We start down that road, then why not just get the rich Arab owners and mercenary players we're always saying we don't want?

I don't care what the spreadsheet says or how much better than Origi he is. When you think of the players and managers we've had down the years that put the club first, many who brought more graft and ability than they did goals or skill, having shitbags like this back is an insult to them and their legacy IMO.

This isn't the oppoosite of what I'm saying at all. This is exactly what I'm saying. I literally said in the post you quoted that I accept why we would never bring him back (him being a cunt etc.) but it has nothing to do with his playing ability.

What is boring is people on this thread talking about running metrics and him 'not being good in europe' when it's a blatant fucking untruth, and then doubling down on it numerous times. He still puts up numbers every year.

We won't buy him because of squad harmony and all that malarky. And I'm totally fine with that.

4 hours ago, No2 said:

Michael Owen is the perfect comparison. Used to be this that and the other but isn't anymore. That's what Suarez is now with maybe 6 more months left in the tank than Owen had then. If Suarez was up for a similar type play as you pay deal then it's a no brainer, he won't be though. He currently earns twice what our highest paid player gets.

This has got to be a joke of a comparison. Michael Owen when he went to Man Utd and Luis Suarez right now? Are you taking the piss?

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

Seriously go and find one post saying any of that about Van Dijk.  It’s just some fantasy land you live in.  The reality was the posters who have got a brain in their heads and were proved right in the end were saying trust Klopp and the club.  They will wait for Van Dijk because that’s who they want.  The bed wetting hysterical fanny brigade of which you should run for leader were demanding that club should move on and sign a different player with the money.  Thankfully the club isn’t being run by complete muppets.

When the fuck did prime Ferguson bring any player back that had fucked his club over?  When did prime Ferguson ever bring any player back to his club at all actually?  Thinking about it the only two free transfers I think he made in his whole United career were Laurent Blanc and Michael Owen you clueless bell end.

When did I say Ferguson did this? I didn't even allude to it.

Prime Ferguson in that it'd be an extremely short-term signing of an aging player who would add quality to your squad in a year you cannot spend actual fucking money to buy strategically. Van Persie is one obvious example. Bringing back Paul Scholes is another. They won the title both times. 

Not every worthwhile signing has to be a 21 year old wunderkind with excellent running stats is the point. And if your club is telling you it has no money (perennially), it is a fair to wonder whether we could find cheap solutions in the market which add obvious quality.

52 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

When did I say Ferguson did this? I didn't even allude to it.

Prime Ferguson in that it'd be an extremely short-term signing of an aging player who would add quality to your squad in a year you cannot spend actual fucking money to buy strategically. Van Persie is one obvious example. Bringing back Paul Scholes is another. They won the title both times. 

Not every worthwhile signing has to be a 21 year old wunderkind with excellent running stats is the point. And if your club is telling you it has no money (perennially), it is a fair to wonder whether we could find cheap solutions in the market which add obvious quality.

The bit where you literally said bringing back Suarez would be prime Ferguson.

You’ve now listed two examples from the back end of his career which definitely wasn’t his prime for a start.  The first one being Van Persie who was the leagues top scorer the year before, had only just turned 29 and they were paying over the odds for him even though he only had a year left on his contract.  He was coming in as a guaranteed starter.  After his first season he then went on to be absolute shite and is part of the reason they’re in the state they are now. Your second is Scholes who come back in 2011-12 and didn’t win the league.  He carried on in the second season and the two times he played 90 minutes in the league they got beat in both.  He since gone on to say it was a massive regret for him and he should never have come back because he admits he was crap.

Oh and they didn’t “win the league both times” because it was the same season you fucking plank.

7 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This has got to be a joke of a comparison. Michael Owen when he went to Man Utd and Luis Suarez right now? Are you taking the piss?

Fair enough Owen was probably a little further the line than I remembered. Rooney going back to Everton is fairer.

Suarez is a shadow of the player he was. I have watched the 4-0 game plenty of times and he was a disgrace in that, he didn't run. Both he and Messi played in the 3 nil losses at Roma and Juventus, they both played when they lost 4-0 in Paris. You can't lose games as badly as that on 4 separate occasions unless you have players not working hard. He hasn't for 3 years now.

By the way I'm not looking for James Milner numbers and generally I don't give a shit about stats but when you see something with your own eyes and the stats back it up then it can't be ignored. Suarez is done at the top level. He will still score the occasional worldie and someone will make a YouTube video of him looking great but he's done.

21 minutes ago, No2 said:

Fair enough Owen was probably a little further the line than I remembered. Rooney going back to Everton is fairer.

Suarez is a shadow of the player he was. I have watched the 4-0 game plenty of times and he was a disgrace in that, he didn't run. Both he and Messi played in the 3 nil losses at Roma and Juventus, they both played when they lost 4-0 in Paris. You can't lose games as badly as that on 4 separate occasions unless you have players not working hard. He hasn't for 3 years now.

By the way I'm not looking for James Milner numbers and generally I don't give a shit about stats but when you see something with your own eyes and the stats back it up then it can't be ignored. Suarez is done at the top level. He will still score the occasional worldie and someone will make a YouTube video of him looking great but he's done.

He's still scoring at 1 in 2 at the top level. 

If that's done, you must have some great words for how utterly fucking shite Origi is.