You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Too far ? (viewer discretion is advised)

bonesman

Was posted on my twitter feed this avvey, can I ask why?

Of course you can and because I don't quite see the point of it. Americans who don't follow football won't know who they are, the ones who do if they're fans of either club most likely won't like it. Mancs and Scousers who follow either club are all but guaranteed not to like it, as goes with most across the entire world who follow either club I'd say. It seems to me that the only people who would like it would be fans of teams that enjoy taking the piss out of either or both of the clubs involved.

Not to mention no-ones face fits the others that well so they all look really awkward and at times (forgive me if I'm wrong I only watched it once) both clubs players break the half-face frame a little bit.

Basically I think it's an entirely pointless advertisement and I wondered if such a thing ever made it to a place where it was intended to be consumed by the majority of people or if it was just where a football fan might see it.

There appears to be a series of them, one has Rushie and Fowler talking about their best goals against Scum and there is a truly horrendous one were two guys i think one is Ged Poynton (could be wrong) wax lyrical on how great ManU are... amazing bit of advertising this lets get both teams we are sponsoring to detest us!

Guest ShoePiss

Makes me want to buy a Chevy.

That advert can't be for the American mass market, it just wouldn't make any sense. If it's for the UK market I'll piss myself, I reckon it's for one/all of Asia, Africa, South America myself.

what yesil on his own speaking german? thats fucking daft, nice one.

yeah, like "hello, I'm Yessil and I like it here, I also like Chevrolette", all in German of course; maybe throw a couple of scouse words if he learned anything, just to impress.

One with Suarez and Evra would also be fun to watch. Maybe?

Remember when we used to laugh and chant USA at united....well we ain't laughing now. American marketing executives showing they really understand "soccer".

In all fairness Utd fans are as disgusted with that ad as we are, in fact more so as there shirt will carry the Chevrolet logo next season.