You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there is personal agenda. To say otherwise is stupid. You have been on his back for months.

So because I don't rate someone as highly as Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson, it means I have a personal agenda?

That's bollocks Robbie.

I have one agenda, for LFC to be successful. If Allen was performing, I would be delighted and would say so. I have changed my mind plenty of times in the past and say so when someone who I don't rate plays well - like Downing recently.

To say Rodgers seems to really rate him would obviously be redundant, but the impression I've got is he genuinely feels that next season he'll really kick on and show his worth.

Assuming he's intending to solve the glaring imbalance in the midfield, adding a proper defensive midfielder, deciding what he's doing with Henderson and using Allen wherever he feels is his best position, how many people would be up for giving him a full pre-season and second crack at the whip over theoretically let's say offering him back to Swansea in a swap for Michu?

* Massive agenda here, the first time I saw Michu's name I thought "Just dyin' to Michu" from 'Miss You' and I'm desperate to hear it sung at Anfield *

how many people would be up for giving him a full pre-season and second crack at the whip over theoretically let's say offering him back to Swansea in a swap for Michu?

I would certainly sell him.

I would certainly sell him.

Fair do's, but to get anything like our money back Swansea would seem the obvious place, and trying on a swap for someone who could improve us may even increase the possibility of a better deal than would exist elsewhere.

Almost certainly moot anyway, as Rodgers seems to have high hopes for him.

Seems Lucas was not considered fit - though being sub and getting on for 45 minutes reduces the credibility of that - and can only surmise he doesn't believe Henderson can play as a defensive midfielder.

Why he'd think Joe Allen' date=' particularly with a weakened shoulder, is anymore suited to that role I've no idea, but if he's going to play two in the middle hope he realises by summer the balance needs to be offset by a destructive presence in there, at the very least to cover for Lucas.

His seeing in a third season with us may depend on it.[/quote']

Lucas and Allen are job sharing.

Lucas hasn't been a model of consistancy since his comeback, although I would argue he should always start ahead of Allen. For whatever reason, BR decided to start Allen. Bad choice. Hendo is an attacking mid, so I wouldnt expect him in a defensive mid position, replacing Lucas.

Ets be honest, Allen offered, and continues to offer nothing. The funds could have bought a striker at season's start when we needed one. I'm getting sick of making repetitive observations about the ballsup that was BR's summer buying strategy.

He's fucking rubbish, my mate is a Swansea season ticket holder and couldn't believe we paid what we did for him, he said that Leon Brittain is far better.

I think it's a bad signing, he's too small and not physical enough and when your playing sides that are near the bottom he's not the player to have in the team, he did absolutely fuck all yesterday and I can't for life if me understand why Henderson isn't playing, he's been far better, done even get me started on Skrtel, that display yesterday was even worse than the Oldham game, looked a fucked pub player yesterday.

The worrying thing about allen is that he has not nailed down a position in CM where he is excellent at. He's looked lost when too far forward and is too light weight / slow for the DM role. He's been ok when played further forward but uninspiring. He's a luxury player at the moment.

He's not even that, he's a passenger.

I'm prepared to accept that his shoulder injury has resulted int he catastrophic collapse of form since his first five or ten games, but if so why not take the hit and get it sorted? He's less than useless at the moment, and Henderson has proved to be well worth a starting slot.

It feels like pigheaded stubbornness from Rodgers, and I hate that in a manager.

Edited by zigackly

After having watched him for Swansea last season, I had to laugh with all the "well, he's a bit like Xavi" stuff. I will tell you this though, he was twice the player last season. Why we bought him and have then refused to play him in his natural role (Where gerrard was playing) is beyond nonsense. It reeks of making stuff up as you go along. And now we've switched to 442, you can't see him making headway.

It's all a bit like Britton, who is brilliant for them. He went to Sheff Utd I think, was gash and had to return. And was brilliant again. That swansea system suits certain players and we aren't playing anything even close enough to it to suit Allen. Which is a pity because he's a very tidy player.

Guest San Don
He's not even that, he's a passenger.

I'm prepared to accept that his shoulder injury has resulted int he catastrophic collapse of form since his first five or ten games, but if so why not take the hit and get it sorted? He's less than useless at the moment, and Henderson has proved to be well worth a starting slot.

It feels like pigheaded stubbornness from Rodgers, and I hate that in a manager.

He's been called into the welsh squad. I suspect some behind the scenes agreement has been made between the club and the Welsh FA and there's no way he's having an operation until they are out of the way.

Just why the manager broadcast to all and sundry about his shoulder injury is, sorry to say, incompetent. When the manager first made mention of it, I thought he was laying the ground to tell the fans why the player wouldnt be playing any more games this season in an effort to head of the 'he's been dropped' or 'pissed off the manager in some way' stuff from getting legs.

He's apparently had this injury for years. If it was that bad he wouldn't be playing.

The injury isn't the problem. The problem is Allen is average.

Average Joe!

Allen will be boss. Just like he was for Swansea last season. Just like he was in the Olympics, and just like he was in his first 5 games here, he was even voted our player of the month for August.

I'm pretty certain there's something going on behind the scenes with him. Family, birds, men, whatever, he'd dropped right off and there will be a reason for it.

This rabid reaction does not help. Now fuck off, the lot of you.

Allen will be boss. Just like he was for Swansea last season. Just like he was in the Olympics, and just like he was in his first 5 games here, he was even voted our player of the month for August.

He wasn't boss at the Olympics, I thought he looked average.

I thought he was getting over hyped in his first few performances, as our fans seem to do with any new signing - see Josemi for example.

The problem is he is isn't an attacking midfielder, he doesn't get goals, assists or have the vision or creativity to be that type of player.

He isn't a defensive player as he is too weak.

He has a good touch, can work hard, press and can make basic passes. That for me is an average player and certainly not good enough for LFC. Spearing might as well stayed if that was what we wanted.

Henderson can do everything Allen does, just better and he has more strings to his bow as well.

He wasn't boss at the Olympics, I thought he looked average.

I thought he was getting over hyped in his first few performances, as our fans seem to do with any new signing - see Josemi for example.

The problem is he is isn't an attacking midfielder, he doesn't get goals, assists or have the vision or creativity to be that type of player.

He isn't a defensive player as he is too weak.

He has a good touch, can work hard, press and can make basic passes. That for me is an average player and certainly not good enough for LFC. Spearing might as well stayed if that was what we wanted.

Henderson can do everything Allen does, just better and he has more strings to his bow as well.

It took Henderson 12 months to get there.

Fucking chill out.

It took Henderson 12 months to get there.

Fucking chill out.

I always rated Henderson, unlike Allen.

I saw the talent in Henderson. I can't with Allen.