You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson didn't get a full season... Some other chap took over and obviously made a huge difference to his form.

Only Chelsea conceded less than us in the 18 games Kenny had that season and only the two manc teams conceded less than us last season.

So I'd say you are spot on.

Must be angling for a summer move.

I feel for the guy having had Hyypia and Carragher play in front of him to begin his lfc career and now it's a case of squad rotation with inferior CB's. The rest of the team has improved dramatically, but where is Pepe's protection?

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave, but if he's playing shit to get that transfer then he's a cunt.

Fuck off with comments like this, are people seriously questioning reinas commitment? The guy who as always said he loved Liverpool and has gave his all for years for us? His face after the goal and at the end of the game showed he was as devastated as any Liverpool fan.

Reina is a top top keeper who is going through confidence and fitness issues,I have supported Liverpool since the beginning of the 90s and all other keepers we had compared to reina would be considered embarrassments and not fit to wear the shirt.

A good run of games is what reina needs to get back to his best, him leaving would be a massive blow, we went century's without a keeper of his class and I fail to see a replacement we can get who will be better or as good as him.

Brilliant. I'll get on the blower to Rodgers now and let him know it's sorted.

It isn't rocket science, but he is doing a lot of things right. We know at his best he is one of the best in the world.

Form is temporary!

I have faith in Reina, others don't fair enough, but then again some people didn't have faith in Gerrard a few months ago.

8 mistakes in two years isn't loads, it is more than he used to make. But as I said we've got defenders that make just as many mistakes, yet don't get half the criticism (Johnson and Agger being two!).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Only Chelsea conceded less than us in the 18 games Kenny had that season and only the two manc teams conceded less than us last season.

So I'd say you are spot on.

How come he was still so low last season, then? After all, we let in the fewest goals?

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Fuck off with comments like this, are people seriously questioning reinas commitment? The guy who as always said he loved Liverpool and has gave his all for years for us? His face after the goal and at the end of the game showed he was as devastated as any Liverpool fan.

Reina is a top top keeper who is going through confidence and fitness issues,I have supported Liverpool since the beginning of the 90s and all other keepers we had compared to reina would be considered embarrassments and not fit to wear the shirt.

A good run of games is what reina needs to get back to his best, him leaving would be a massive blow, we went century's without a keeper of his class and I fail to see a replacement we can get who will be better or as good as him.

Lack of confidence does not compensate for a rash decision to try and close an attacker 18 yards out and an angle of 15 degrees (take note code).

What he did was fucking insane and could have been far worse if decided to follow through on Aguero.

It was a bad decision that 99 percent of the time wouldn't have not been a goal, he has been rushing out of goal since he got here and normally gets it right.

If u want to believe he is playing shit on purpose to try get a move to barca the best team in the world it's up to you but to me that's ridiculous and makes no sense.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
It was a bad decision that 99 percent of the time wouldn't have not been a goal, he has been rushing out of goal since he got here and normally gets it right.

If u want to believe he is playing shit on purpose to try get a move to barca the best team in the world it's up to you but to me that's ridiculous and makes no sense.

I never said he would move to Barca.

Grobs used to play shit, and it wasn't for a transfer fee. Reina is not grobs, however i feel has become disillusioned with the fact the defence hasn't improved since the defence he first played with.

You would get that if you read my post properly.

He made a stupid goalkeeping error. If you come off your line that fucking far, you'd better take no prisoners in attempting to clear. He shit out of it and wasn't properly committed or misjudged his own fitness and speed getting to the ball. Which ultimately means he should have stayed on his 6 yarder if he hasn't got the pace of a diminutive argie froward.

he is doing a lot of things right. We know at his best he is one of the best in the world. Form is temporary!

He was amongst the best, but you are right, form is temporary.

I don't think this has anything to do with ability. I think it is that he joined us to win things, and as his most recent interview states, he does not see us competing at the highest level. The motivation to be absolutely at the top of his game is no longer there.

His best mate, and next door neighbour, Nando, has gone.Ditto maxi. he has three young children and another on the way at the end of this year, grandparents will no doubt be bemoaning not seeing enough of them.

Sometimes a player has his time, and you say thank you very much. I suspect that time has come now with Pepe.

He was amongst the best, but you are right, form is temporary.

I don't think this has anything to do with ability. I think it is that he joined us to win things, and as his most recent interview states, he does not see us competing at the highest level. the motivation to be abolutely st the top of his game is no longer there.

His best mate, and next door neighbour, Nando, has gone.Ditto maxi. he has three young children and another on the way at the end of this year, grandparents will no doubt be bemoaning not seeing enough of them.

Sometimes a player has his time, and you say thank you very much. I suspect that time has come now with Pepe.

It must be so difficult for poor grandparents to see their relatives when their father works 20 hours a week and takes home 1/4 mill a month.

I've got mates who are considered the luckiest men in our town. They earn 100-200k a year. Spending 6 weeks at a time in oil fields in Africa. Every single women in the area is desperate to land one of these lads. He earns that a week and can fuck off if its a problem with inlaws.

I'm not questioning his commitment. Reina, however, doesn't love LFC, at least not like we do. He is a professional footballer, who when things

went shite here, wanted to join Arsenal.

I've asked this question before, but where would you rank Reina in the current list of Premiership goalies?

It might be easier to list who you would place below him, and that says a lot. If we can still convince someone to spend close to £10 million on him in the summer we would be insane not to take it.

Guest San Don
I've asked this question before, but where would you rank Reina in the current list of Premiership goalies?

It might be easier to list who you would place below him, and that says a lot. If we can still convince someone to spend close to £10 million on him in the summer we would be insane not to take it.

Reina's value is far more than £10m. Stoke are rumoured to be wanting £15m for bergovics if manchester united make a bid.

Despite his erratic form for us, we'd still get £15m at least for him.

Reina's value is far more than £10m. Stoke are rumoured to be wanting £15m for bergovics if manchester united make a bid.

I would be amazed if anyone offered more than £10 million for him.

The reason we finnished so low last season with having the joint third goals against of 40 is simple. We lost six games 1-0 last season we had three games with three goals scored against us and one game with 4.

The 2010/11 season we finnished 5th lowest goals against with 44 but only lost two games 1-0 That season we lost 5 league games with three goals scored against us.

The 2009/10 season saw us finish third lowest goals against with 35 goals and lose three games 1-0 That season we only had two games when three goals were scored against us.

All Pepes stats tell you with there low figures of shots stopped etc is down to the number of games we lost 1-0 due to shots not being stopped.

A loss of form does not last 2 years.

I think it can.

In that time period we have seen him make great saves, kick well etc. He just needs to be more consistent which we all know he can be.

Gerrard hasn't hit the form he is in now for two or three years.

No chance.

£15m would make him the equal third most expensive goalkeeper of all time, and he is nowhere near that now.

If he goes, it will be back to Spain, and the market for him will be very limited, with a depressed transfer fee resulting.

No chance.

£15m would make him the equal third most expensive goalkeeper of all time, and he is nowhere near that now.

If he goes, it will be back to Spain, and the market for him will be very limited, with a depressed transfer fee resulting.

He is supposed to be valued at between either £8 or £8.8 millon and £10 million.

Only reason I know is I seen it somewere before but cant remember the site.It was a player site and there values though.