You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

No really it's retarded, so much so that I've decided to tell you as such.

its retarded that he needs more time to build a team? cos thats all ive said. me using shankly or rafa or whoever as examples is irrelevant they were just throw away comments. but honestly if i had your outlook on things i'd go and watch rugby or cricket or dominoes or something.

Edited by phc1965

04/05: Champions League winners, League Cup finalists.

05/06: FA Cup winners

06/07: Champions League finalists

07/08: Fuck all

08/09: Fuck all

09/10: Fuck all

so you think the team that won the f.a. cup was a better side than the one that finished runners up in 09. i beg to differ.

Guest davelfc
its retarded that he needs more time to build a team? cos thats all ive said. me using shankly or rafa or whoever as examples is irrelevant they were just throw away comments. but honestly if a had your outlook on things i'd go and watch rugby or cricket or dominoes or something.

Or something. I prefer taunting mongs on the net.

so you think the team that won the f.a. cup was a better side than the one that finished runners up in 09. i beg to differ.

To be totally honest, I think the 05/06 was the best team we had under Rafa, so the answer is yes.

In 08/09 when English clubs were at their peak in Europe we were the only English club not to reach the semi finals, we were knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th round by Everton and in the 4th round of the Carling Cup by Everton.

Our league finish in 08/09 did not really reflect the full story well as it was massively boosted by us taking 12 points from Utd and Chelsea and 14 points overall against the top 4 clubs compared to only 4 in the 05/06 season.

But finishing 2nd or 3rd basically means fuck all though and its forgotten 10 years down the line, finals and cup wins are not.

Rafa did not win anything after he had changed most of the squad to reflect his image, that is a fact and not really something that can be disputed.

Ah sorry.

I thought you were referring to Piscinin.

To be honest It's a position I can understand though.

Given that Rodgers isn't in the same league as Benitez as a manager and we curiously declined to even talk to him.

Where Liverpool are heading under Rodgers concerns me.

Who FSG would appoint as a replacement terrifies me.

That is the best I can say about Rodgers.

There's nothing curious about it Dicko. I agree with your position re Rodgers, but I wonder whether the owners are going to be here as long as the manager.

I don't want him out just to make that clear, and I do see a progress in terms of pass and move!

We do lack a striker, mostly down to FAG being retards in the transfer market, although BR needs to take some blame for letting Carroll go before he had a replacement....

My biggest concern is the lack of attacking plan (I want to see some pre-planned movement) and the mediocre signings and transfer targets:

Spending big money on Borini and Allen and the constant links to Walcott, Sturrridge, bent, aso does not fill me with confidence!

There is more value in Germany, spain, holland, France and Portugal - wolfswinkel, Belhanda, holtby, schurrle, mertens, Banega, isco, feghouli, narsingh, Clasie, Ericksen, Diego aso would be available for less money than we possibly will spend on British players...

Ultimately an attacking plan must be seen and be successful as well as good players must be signed that provides value for money!

Getting rid of the deadwood goes without saying!

For now let's get behind the team and the manager - the owners have not yet earned our patience - invest or go should be the message!

Our league finish in 08/09 did not really reflect the full story well as it was massively boosted by us taking 12 points from Utd and Chelsea and 14 points overall against the top 4 clubs compared to only 4 in the 05/06 season.

I think he had the squad in place to win it at 08/09, but he prefered to drive with the handbrake on against middlesborough and the likes. After that season he stepped out of his comfort zone, bought Aquilani, and it all went downhill from there.

To be totally honest, I think the 05/06 was the best team we had under Rafa, so the answer is yes.

In 08/09 when English clubs were at their peak in Europe we were the only English club not to reach the semi finals, we were knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th round by Everton and in the 4th round of the Carling Cup by Everton.

But finishing 2nd or 3rd basically means fuck all though and its forgotten 10 years down the line, finals and cup wins are not.

Rafa did not win anything after he had changed most of the squad to reflect his image, that is a fact and not really something that can be disputed.

cups are nice but everyone knows the true measure of a sides abilities are measured in the league. its true we won less silverware in rafa's later years but the fact that we took 14 pts of the top four rivals in 09 as opposed just 4 pts in 06 really makes my point i think. if winning cups were the yardstick then you wouldn't get less than average sides winning them.

cups are nice but everyone knows the true measure of a sides abilities are measured in the league. its true we won less silverware in rafa's later years but the fact that we took 14 pts of the top four rivals in 09 as opposed just 4 pts in 06 really makes my point i think. if winning cups were the yardstick then you wouldn't get less than average sides winning them.

We came 3rd in 05/06 compared to 2nd in 08/09 and we managed to get 82 points even if we only got 4 points against the mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal, which again means we got 78 points against the the dross compared to only 72 in 08/09.

The mancs, Chlsea, Arsenal or ourselves have won 15 out of the last 17 FA Cup finals, the other two were won by City and Pompey, so less than average sides dont usually win cups.

When it comes to the League Cup final, either us, the mancs, Chelsea or Arsenal have played in 9 out the 10 last finals and won 7 of them, Spurs, Birmingham and Boro won the other 3, Birmingham beat Arsenal, Spurs beat Chelsea and Boro beat Bolton.

Again the big teams dominate massively.

Originally Posted by Code72 so less than average sides dont usually win cups.

i didnt say usually. but its not often less than average sides finish in the top two of a major league. yes we did come third in 2006 but we didnt mount a title challenge. look i respect your opinion but its mine that 09 was the best side we've had during the prem era. you yourself now seem to be saying that the 2006 side was better than the previous season which contradicts what you said about rafas sides getting progressively worse.

Rodgers reign will either end in brilliant success, or an exploding fireball of failure.

You are right...I think.The problem is we have neither one or the other.We are displaying typical mid table form.As this continues our fanbase are more willing to accept any progression,to the point where a top four finish will result in our manager being lauded to the extreme.The fact is,we have owners that are concentrating on the brand above trophies.To me there is little difference to our previous owners.They may even,given time,prove much worse.

It's also true that in his second to last season it was the strongest out of the six he had here and also reflected his image.

To argue otherwise is nonsensical.

We won 25 league games both in 05/06 and 08/09, in 05/06 we also won the FA Cup and finished only 4 points behind the 08/09 season, I'd argue the 05/06 season wins hands down.

What worries me about our league form is we're 12th after 17 games in what is a poor league this year. We were talking last week about how we can get top 4 because nobody can string some wins together for 4th place. Well we're 7 points behind it now despite nobody else being able to get any run of wins together. People talking about an easy run of games, yet we've just lost the first one. We've got Fulham and Sunderland where we'll probably fuck up at least one of them, Stoke will be a dire draw at best and anything can happen at QPR as it did last season. Then we've got a hellish run of games again.

We haven't won games we should have won, but if you look at the games we have; Norwich were awful defensively on the day (they've actually been much improved since) and it was probably our best attacking performance although we were porous at the back, as we have been in every away game. We got lucky at West Ham as we were out the game until Diame went off injured and Fat Sam brings on a defender for him.

At home we beat Southampton, Reading and Wigan who were all absolute dross really and are in the bottom 4 now.

We haven't been able to beat anyone else. We've conceded and scored the same amount of goals at home (10) and away (13) so we really are the epitome of a mid-table team this season and that's only because of Luis Suarez's goals (10). Without them we'd be down in the bottom 4 with the shite teams we've managed to beat at home.

As for Rodgers, well he's got no pedigree for the job and neither has the rest of his coaching staff (at least Steve Clarke had the defence sorted), neither has Ian Ayre for all the various jobs he's doing and the owners seem to be out of sight out of mind at the minute. We're a club going through the motions.

Are you still arguing about Benitez? It's 2012, man!

I would not call it arguing, just pointing out that a season where you actually win something is easily better than the one where you win fuck all, especially when the difference in the league is one place and four points.

I could always say Rafa's 2nd finish in 08/09 gave him one year while the FA Cup win gave him four.

Guest davelfc
What concerns me as much as anything is we're 12th after 17 games in what is a poor league this year. We were talking last week about how we can get top 4 because nobody can string some wins together for 4th place. Well we're 7 points behind it now despite nobody else being able to get any run of wins together.

The opposite view would be that the most of the teams have improved quite a bit and there are no real gimmies in this league. Unless of course you count the bend over for the manc merchants.

If teams above us are struggling to put a run of games together then why wouldn't that also affect us.

I only say all of this because this is my mates opinion and we discuss it every time we leave the match having lost.

I would not call it arguing, just pointing out that a season where you actually win something is easily better than the one where you win fuck all, especially when the difference in the league is one place and four points.

I could always say Rafa's 2nd finish in 08/09 gave him one year while the FA Cup win gave him four.

I don't know how you can give a shit anymore.