You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to win the league?

JohnnyH

So who do you hate the least?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. So who do you hate the least?

Chelsea, to me, are just a club that had a bit of a weird ground with cars parked behind the goal. A club that until the late 90's hadn't won anything for years. Then there was Abramovic. I don't recall Liverpool fans 'hating' Chelsea when we were vying with them for a Champions League place in 2002/03, with us losing out on the final day.

I'm not going to go round with my fingers, toes and bollocks crossed in the hope that Chelsea win every game, but I would be made up for Rafa if he won something there, especially the league.

Neg away to your heart's content.

I wouldn't neg an opinion. It's your right to have it there's no right or wrong except I'm probably right.

I have an intense hatred of Chelsea, every single player. They remind me of a young arrogant policeman who loves his new found power. I just want to drop kick the fuckers off a fly over.

Chelsea, to me, are just a club that had a bit of a weird ground with cars parked behind the goal. A club that until the late 90's hadn't won anything for years. Then there was Abramovic. I don't recall Liverpool fans 'hating' Chelsea when we were vying with them for a Champions League place in 2002/03, with us losing out on the final day.

There's your problem.

I'm not going to go round with my fingers, toes and bollocks crossed in the hope that Chelsea win every game, but I would be made up for Rafa if he won something there, especially the league.

Neg away to your heart's content.

Not all rivalries have to harp back to the ages.

But I am pretty much ambivalent towards Rafa. Don't dislike him as much as some, nor do I like him as much as others.

Don't like Chelsea, though. Not one jot. I wish him no success there at all.

Not all rivalry has to hark back to the ages.

But I am pretty much ambivalent towards Rafa. Don't dislike him as much as some, nor do I like him as much as others.

Don't like Chelsea, though. Not one jot. I wish him no success there at all.

Fair enough. I neither like nor dislike Chelsea Football Club.

Can't believe people want Chelsea to do well because Rafa is there. The utter shite they've gave this club the last few years. Singing during minutes silence spewing utter venom because they now see themselves as the new vanguard. joe cole and then making us look small time everytime they take one of our players because they're now our betters. Fuck Rafa he can do as he pleases he's his own man i thought hed have more class about him but he's now Chelsea manager and like all Chelsea managers he can get to fuck. He has the plastic taint. He's fully aware of the venom between the two sides these days. Anyone who says there not our rivals are still living in the 80s they've been rivals the minute they bought ambition and laid it on thick..

In my case, and probably most others, it isn't a case of actively wanting Chelsea to do well. I just wouldn't be as disgusted as I usually am if they were to achieve success. They are an utter cunt of a club and their choice of manager won't change that.

I can't say I really understand the viewpoint that you and quite a few others hold though with regards to Rafa taking the Chelsea job. He was unfairly sacked by Liverpool, and for two years now he has been out of work. He'd have crawled over broken glass all the way from Caldy to Anfield last summer to take the Liverpool job again. His family still remain on Merseyside two years after him losing his job, it's their home and they have given a hell of a lot to the area through their charity and generosity. I live on the Wirral and the few people I have spoken to who have had dealings with him and his family have nothing but good to say about them. His love of the club and the area is genuine. But I wonder what people expect him to do for the rest of his life. Sit and wait by the telephone in the hope that one day John Henry gives him a call to come and finish the job he started? He spent all last summer doing that. Fuck football management off altogether and get on the season ticket waiting list? He is a football manager, one who has proven himself at the highest level. He has been offered a job at the European Champions, with a squad full of top class players at his disposal and probably a few quid to spend in January, with a fighting chance of lifting trophies and being successful. He has been out of work for two years and he will be paid handsomely for his services. It is an absolute no brainer. The romance and loyalty element doesnt even come in to it. The man still loves Liverpool and his emotional tie and loyalty will always be at this club, but as a professional he cannot wait forever. His decision doesn't change anything for me and I still idolise the man for the best 5 years of my life he gave me following the club.

In my case, and probably most others, it isn't a case of actively wanting Chelsea to do well. I just wouldn't be as disgusted as I usually am if they were to achieve success. They are an utter cunt of a club and their choice of manager won't change that.

I can't say I really understand the viewpoint that you and quite a few others hold though with regards to Rafa taking the Chelsea job. He was unfairly sacked by Liverpool, and for two years now he has been out of work. He'd have crawled over broken glass all the way from Caldy to Anfield last summer to take the Liverpool job again. His family still remain on Merseyside two years after him losing his job, it's their home and they have given a hell of a lot to the area through their charity and generosity. I live on the Wirral and the few people I have spoken to who have had dealings with him and his family have nothing but good to say about them. His love of the club and the area is genuine. But I wonder what people expect him to do for the rest of his life. Sit and wait by the telephone in the hope that one day John Henry gives him a call to come and finish the job he started? He spent all last summer doing that. Fuck football management off altogether and get on the season ticket waiting list? He is a football manager, one who has proven himself at the highest level. He has been offered a job at the European Champions, with a squad full of top class players at his disposal and probably a few quid to spend in January, with a fighting chance of lifting trophies and being successful. He has been out of work for two years and he will be paid handsomely for his services. It is an absolute no brainer. The romance and loyalty element doesnt even come in to it. The man still loves Liverpool and his emotional tie and loyalty will always be at this club, but as a professional he cannot wait forever. His decision doesn't change anything for me and I still idolise the man for the best 5 years of my life he gave me following the club.

Deserves some rep

Of course he would of walked over broken glass to get the liverpool job it's a place where a lot of fans see him as the messiah. His love of liverpool comes from having such support. He's a Real Madrid fan. If he has big success at Chelsea they'll be the next love of his life and his loyalty will lie there. Gillet and hicks were a double edge sword for Rafa they hindered him but gave him the option of always being hard done by and every excuse. He just gets us, no he doesn't its such a general sweeping statement. ( not putting that one on you by the way ). I love Rafa for Istanbul, that's about it really, who he is as a man is irrelevant to me, how nice he is to his neighbors or what he gives to charity is irrelevant too. Being a decent hard working charitable person is pretty normal.

Rafa is now a man who manages Chelsea, that's it for me.

Things weren't prefect then, but you could watch a game of football at Anfield without paying silly money and not be surrounded by thousands of Johnny-come-lately whoppers.

It's not just Liverpool, it's at every club. Sky has caused that. It's turned football into a glamour sport, and family friendly. Some of that is good, some isn't. A new generation has come through that have only really known Man United, and to a lesser extent Chelsea win much. (yes I know Liverpool have actually won a fair bit in the last 20 years, but in the media world, it's United all the way with a nodding glance to Chelsea).

Kids watch telly, latch onto the winning teams and star players, and bob's your uncle, a whole generation of United and Chelsea fans, and, I say it myself, you see a few more City shirts than you used to these days too.

It must have always been this way. When I was young, there were quite a lot of Liverpool fans in Oldham. It was probably 40/40/20 Utd/City/Liverpool - that MUST have been due to Liverpool's success at the time. There must have been Liverpool fans from the mid 60's onwards wondering where all the new fans had sprouted up from.

Chelsea for me, but it has got fuck all to do with Rafa obviously.

If people want to look at it from a money perspective they should pick Chelsea above City every day of the week.

Chelsea have been a "top" club for years and in the mix for Europe every season long before Roman came in, City on the other hand.

Chelsea last 5 seasons before Roman:

98/99: 3. Chelsea 38 20 15 3 57-30 75p

99/00: 5. Chelsea 38 18 11 9 53-34 65p

00/01: 6. Chelsea 38 17 10 11 68-45 61p

01/02: 6. Chelsea 38 17 13 8 66-38 64p

02/03: 4. Chelsea 38 19 10 9 68-38 67p

Honours:

FA Cup winners: 97/98 and 99/00

Legaue Cup winners: 97/98

FA Cup runners up: 00/01

And then to City who are a totally different case compared to Chelsea.

Man City last 5 seasons before the Arabs:

03/04: 16. Manchester City 38 9 14 15 55-54 41p

04/05: 08. Manchester City 38 13 13 12 47-39 52p

05/06: 15. Manchester City 38 13 4 21 43-48 43p

06/07: 14. Manchester City 38 11 9 18 29- 44 42p

07/08: 09. Manchester City 38 15 10 13 45-53 55p ( Shinawatra )

Honours:

Fuck all.

• Upvote 2

It's a tricky conundrum, and I will give my preference for winning the league in terms of fans, manager, and club.

Fans:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

Manager:

1. Rafa

2. Mancini

3. Ferguson

Club:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

So the conclusion is I have a strong preference for Man Utd to win nothing. I'd prefer Man City to win the league as I like their fans and club more than the others, but the caveat is that I like Rafa more than Mancini, and if Rafa won the league and rubbed Ferguson's face in it, I could live with that.

Of course he would of walked over broken glass to get the liverpool job it's a place where a lot of fans see him as the messiah. His love of liverpool comes from having such support. He's a Real Madrid fan. If he has big success at Chelsea they'll be the next love of his life and his loyalty will lie there. Gillet and hicks were a double edge sword for Rafa they hindered him but gave him the option of always being hard done by and every excuse. He just gets us, no he doesn't its such a general sweeping statement. ( not putting that one on you by the way ). I love Rafa for Istanbul, that's about it really, who he is as a man is irrelevant to me, how nice he is to his neighbors or what he gives to charity is irrelevant too. Being a decent hard working charitable person is pretty normal.

Rafa is now a man who manages Chelsea, that's it for me.

No offence, but this post is an abomination.