You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fucks sake mate, I hope they're keeping an eye on that for you, not to be messed with bastard!

Ah yea on top of that. OGD every 12 months, due another soon actually. Hasn't really change much in about 10 years luckily. Seems to be hereditary in my case. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I went to a fuck load load of professionals for my anxiety issues and I got some benefit from CBT and meditation. But still not really myself. Then I got recommended to a homeopathic type guy who told me to take B6, B12 and Magnesium supplements and I've honestly not looked back. Took about 2 weeks for me to notice but I was less edgy and felt more positive and energetic. I still get moments but I'm much more calmer and less reactive than I was. I suffer from GERD and have a condition called Barretts Oesophagus and anecdotally many people who suffer from GERD usually suffer from anxiety and depression. 

I realise this is not applicable to everyone but it could be interesting to some.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5614299/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15671130/

Where do you get those vitamins from mate and how many do you take?

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Where do you get those vitamins from mate and how many do you take?

I get them from Holland and Barrett. Generally use the more expensive Solgar brand as they have less caking ingredients but generally no issues with most of H&Bs own brand. 

I take 300mg Magnesium Citrate, B-complex (which has B6) and a B12 Oral spray first thing in the morning, with yoghurt. The yoghurt is just to limit the impact on an empty stomach.  I found B12 tablets to be less effective but that might be due to absorption issues because of my stomach meds. Magnesium Citrate is more bioavailable than Magnesium Oxide so worth checking the ingredients. Try to avoid tea/coffee until lunchtime as caffeine apparently reduces the impact of the B vits. 

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/betteryou-pure-energy-b12-boost-oral-spray-60099160?skuid=099160

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-magnesium-citrate-tablets-100mg-60006390?skuid=046951

As I say it works for me and I've read of loads of people having similar success with them. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/07/2022 at 14:18, elvis said:

Just to throw a spanner into the works https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jul/20/scientists-question-widespread-use-of-antidepressants-after-survey-on-serotonin

Apologies if this has already been posted

I was reading about that on twitter (the bastion of truth) and then spotted this retweet from someone. Never saw this side to Cruise before. No idea about the guy who tweeted it to be honest before anyone starts the usual left/right crap. It's the video I found interesting. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/07/2022 at 16:25, ZonkoVille77 said:

I was reading about that on twitter (the bastion of truth) and then spotted this retweet from someone. Never saw this side to Cruise before. No idea about the guy who tweeted it to be honest before anyone starts the usual left/right crap. It's the video I found interesting. 

There's ways of doing it without drugs....join my religion!!

Spotting someone suffering with an outbreak of depression is hard enough in the real world but even more difficult on a forum. I wonder whether some of my responses in spats might have been different if I had considered that. Thanks Spunkhouse and your 9 negs for making me think.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Spotting someone suffering with an outbreak of depression is hard enough in the real world but even more difficult on a forum. I wonder whether some of my responses in spats might have been different if I had considered that. Thanks Spunkhouse and your 9 negs for making me think.

I used to routinely use the oh-so-hilarious put-down "are you off your meds?" until I realised it's a horrible cunt thing to say to people who could be going through shit.

I fear this thread will be more prominent over the coming winter. 

Without sounded too gay or soft, any single one of you motherfuckers are feeling down... reach out even if you have to go so desperate that you have to PM me. Nobody on here is alone. 

The ship has been sunk, the sharks are circling. Time to form big groups and shout and holler for one-another.  

Turdseye is a cunt. Our cunt. x 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I fear this thread will be more prominent over the coming winter. 

Without sounded too gay or soft, any single one of you motherfuckers are feeling down... reach out even if you have to go so desperate that you have to PM me. Nobody on here is alone. 

The ship has been sunk, the sharks are circling. Time to form big groups and shout and holler for one-another.  

Turdseye is a cunt. Our cunt. x 

Repped, not just for the sentiment, but for reminding me of the USS Indianapolis speech from Jaws.

"I'll never put on a life jacket again"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another fucking horrendous weekend!

Saturday night, we headed jnto Southport to see the fireworks championships.

Ended up with my 16 year old daughter walking off after an argument with my 17 year old son.

She went missing for about an hour, wouldn't text back or answer her phone. Eventually turned up back at the car.

They then argued in the car, I couldn't cope anymore, stopped the car and walked away myself. Only my 11 year old pleading with me to come back led to me going home with them. I was tempted to just keep walking north and see where I ended up!

Today, I've mostly slept, barely eaten or drank anything. I was tempted to starve myself to death, but I'm a big shithouse and couldn't go through with it.

Haven't even showered or changed clothes. Can't be doing with work in the morning, but I've no choice.

Even had to get my sister to sort my mum and dad's tea out when it was my turn.

Now only the dog and my youngest will have anything to do with me. I don't blame my missus, she has enough on her plate without my shit.

I can't cope anymore, if I was religious I'd be praying for a Stroke or something. It just seems fucking pointless even trying to carry on.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Ended up with my 16 year old daughter walking off after an argument with my 17 year old son.

She went missing for about an hour, wouldn't text back or answer her phone. Eventually turned up back at the car.

They then argued in the car, I couldn't cope anymore, stopped the car and walked away myself. Only my 11 year old pleading with me to come back led to me going home with them. I was tempted to just keep walking north and see where I ended up!

Today, I've mostly slept, barely eaten or drank anything. I was tempted to starve myself to death, but I'm a big shithouse and couldn't go through with it.

Haven't even showered or changed clothes. Can't be doing with work in the morning, but I've no choice.

Now only the dog and my youngest will have anything to do with me. I don't blame my missus, she has enough on her plate without my shit.

I can't cope anymore, if I was religious I'd be praying for a Stroke or something. It just seems fucking pointless even trying to carry on.

Talk with someone - anyone.....

I'm no expert but talking has to help, even if it is just a little bit.

Do you have any hobbies you especially enjoy - maybe throw yourself into that - gives the mind some dopamine and helps to focus on something that brings you enjoyment....

I don't fucking know - but do something, anything that might help.

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Have you ever told your siblings how you're feeling mate? Can they help? 

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Have you ever told your siblings how you're feeling mate? Can they help? 

I only have one sibling. A younger sister. She knows how I struggle, she's had similar struggles herself.

I can't ask anymore of her support wise. She has an awful lot on her plate. She's bringing up 5 year old twins, her husband is a sound lad he works bloody hard to support her. She also does most of the hard work with our mum and dad, she lets me off with most of it because I work full time.

I couldn't possibly ask anymore of her, nor could I ask anymore of my missus.

The issue is me, its my problem, and I'm being selfish if I act like it's down to anybody but me.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I only have one sibling. A younger sister. She knows how I struggle, she's had similar struggles herself.

I can't ask anymore of her support wise. She has an awful lot on her plate. She's bringing up 5 year old twins, her husband is a sound lad he works bloody hard to support her. She also does most of the hard work with our mum and dad, she lets me off with most of it because I work full time.

The issue is me, its my problem, and I'm being selfish if I act like it's down to anybody but me.

Wish there was something else I could say or suggest apart from going to your GP mate. Have you done that?

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Have you tried CBT mate? It can be a massive help.

10 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Wish there was something else I could say or suggest apart from going to your GP mate. Have you done that?

Been on antidepressants for years bud, even had the dosage increased at the start of the year. Keeps me just about ticking over most of the time. Counselling has helped a couple of times in the past, but almost as soon as it's over I'm struggling again.

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Have you tried CBT mate? It can be a massive help.

Funnily enough mate, that was the one form of talking therapy that had no positive effect on me. I know it works great for a lot of people, and maybe I had a rubbish CBT therapist, but I lasted 2 out of an expected minimum of 8 sessions and I thought it was the biggest load of shite I'd ever dealt with, and I never went back.

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Been on antidepressants for years bud, even had the dosage increased at the start of the year. Keeps me just about ticking over most of the time. Counselling has helped a couple of times in the past, but almost as soon as it's over I'm struggling again.

Funnily enough mate, that was the one form of talking therapy that had no positive effect on me. I know it works great for a lot of people, and maybe I had a rubbish CBT therapist, but I lasted 2 out of an expected minimum of 8 sessions and I thought it was the biggest load of shite I'd ever dealt with, and I never went back.

Maybe it was the wrong practitioner? Have you tried tapping therapy?

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Maybe you're right about the quality of therapist. The lad I saw really helped me to put things into perspective. I really hope you find something that works for you. And, as others on here have said in this thread (far better than I ever could), there is always a sympathetic ear in here when you are feeling low.