You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Sorry monopolise the conversation on here. Are you Self assessment or paye?

Paye mate. But been told now I have to complete a self assessment due to my bonus (for 22/23 anyway).

May be the same situation for this tax year in 12 months, depends if I get a bonus or not.

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

If its a underpayment you can ask them to spread the underpayment  across upto 3 years through your tax code. Save paying all at once. 

It will be an underpayment. I wasn't even aware of the rules for over £50k for child benefit because I've never been close to earning it before now.

I'll see what happens.

Just now, Strontium said:

Well, this is the depression thread, and now I've learned that Creator Supreme is earning twice as much as me, I really am depressed.

It won't last mate, I'll be on a quarter of that again before you know it.

I just struck lucky wages and bonus wise this time, shame the job bores the arse off me.

The bonuses will stop soon as we're being tupe'd over to an outsourcing company, and I know from old they're as tight as a ducks arse.

7 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Well, this is the depression thread, and now I've learned that Creator Supreme is earning twice as much as me, I really am depressed.

I saw a job going once for communications officer at anxiety UK paying 21 grand, and ironically that gave me anxiety.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I only ever had one fit counsellor. She looked like Rochelle Humes with bigger tits, be damned if I was gonna talk to her about my IBS so I never went back. 

“Why am I here? It’s embarrassing really. My dick is so big it gets me down sometimes”

9 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Made the mistake of having a few beers, and now I just feel fucking sad again, its been a cunt of a year, and I can't be arsed with the next one.

Hope you feel better today CS. At least you know the alcohol is a contributory factor to how you feel, and the impact of that will pass. 

Obviously your other difficulties in 2023 have been significant. I think all on here are wishing you a calmer and happier 2024. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Made the mistake of having a few beers, and now I just feel fucking sad again, its been a cunt of a year, and I can't be arsed with the next one.

New year mew outlook. Gives people a line in the sand and something to lool

forward too as hard as it is x set a few goals, maybe do a dry January. Remember though even though none of this shit is your fault, protecting yourself and making your life as great as it can be is don’t to you and you can do it pal. Worst time of the year for being down but there’s a golden sky coming x 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of an episode the other day. It's stupid, but I'd been putting pressure on myself to pass my driving test. Combined with family stuff, it all just broke me momentarily. We all think it's the big things that hit us hardest, but the combination of stresses is often the real bastard. Death by a thousand cuts.

Anyway, always darkest before the dawn and all that. Passed the test, then watched Die Hard with a calzone and strawberry Martini.

Hope everyone holds up over Christmas. If anyone's struggling, post here or drop us a PM if you need to talk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Had a bit of an episode the other day. It's stupid, but I'd been putting pressure on myself to pass my driving test. Combined with family stuff, it all just broke me momentarily. We all think it's the big things that hit us hardest, but the combination of stresses is often the real bastard. Death by a thousand cuts.

Anyway, always darkest before the dawn and all that. Passed the test, then watched Die Hard with a calzone and strawberry Martini.

Hope everyone holds up over Christmas. If anyone's struggling, post here or drop us a PM if you need to talk.

Congratulations on passing your driving test and for overcoming the bump in the road. 

Both challenges you’ve successfully managed. 

Enjoy Christmas.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Passing your driving test is massive, I passed mine when i was 20 (I think) but it's very stressful as the examiners can be brutal. Getting in a car on your own for the first time is great, albeit a little scary.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Congratulations on passing your test mate and I hope you're feeling better now the pressure's off a bit.

I was 25 when I passed, (first time) but I'd been driving for years, plus I'd ridden motorbikes so I knew how to read the road, an absolute necessity on two wheels.

I believe it's much harder to pass these days though so nice one.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Congrats on passing your test chief.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Well done on the test and for navigating the bump in the [mental health] road. Similarly, any of us are here if you want to exchange a few messages via PM.

Presumably Christmas will bring you a snazzy new hat, so there's something to look forward to!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Well done on the test and for navigating the bump in the [mental health] road. Similarly, any of us are here if you want to exchange a few messages via PM.

Presumably Christmas will bring you a snazzy new hat, so there's something to look forward to!

Cheers, I'm actually getting rid of a bunch - having a bakerboy and flat cap clear out. Down to three of each now. Dropping them off to a local charity shop today.

The Bart's Rayner stays though, obviously. Love that hat.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...