You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Tribute to TLW Forum Legends - RIP

WhiskeyJar

to be fair, Brendan knew he was playing with fire on here. I can't remember what his professed opinions on here were re all the S*n stuff, and I certainly can't be arsed doing any research, but he has not done this site any favours.

Any stick he gets now is fully justified.

in the gf, someone posted a screenshot of his twitter timeline and he had retweeted tweets from the S*n

I remember having a brief exchange with SL about the separation of editorial-issues and marketing in print publications some time ago. If I remember correctly he basically denied that there are ever any dodgy deals going on and maintained that these things are generally being kept separate. These new revelations, if true, put a bit of an ironic spin on this, given the questionable way the Murdoch owned "news" outlets are handling these things.

I remember having a brief exchange with SL about the separation of editorial-issues and marketing in print publications some time ago. If I remember correctly he basically denied that there are ever any dodgy deals going on and maintained that these things are generally being kept separate. These new revelations, if true, put a bit of an ironic spin on this, given the questionable way the Murdoch owned "news" outlets are handling these things.

Its all becoming all kinda Slimey is it not?

On that note:

SL trying to get TLW member to get on board with his views and opinions.

slimer2.gif

I knew I shouldn't have ignored this thread!

That is some weird shit - I always thought he was alright as a poster, he could be really insulting for no apparent reason and went from hi to cunt within two posts, but I was never that arsed as he was a username and a set of digits, as I am. He was always carefull not to give anything personal away (as I am, but I'm just anti social) - he worked for that scum so that suddenly becomes clearer!

It is also a bit disconcerting that someone with that role - had access to what we were doing as fans, if you think back to Hicks and Gillett in particular.

Since when has Barrett had anything to do with that rag?

Brendan works for News International. So does Barrett.

However one thing I cannot defend Brendan for was him RT'ing the S*N and following a list of S*n journalists.

For all we know he could have had little to no involvement in the S*n, so it's silly to accuse him without all the facts.

I put this in the original thread about him where it was unveiled (around page 3 I think) that he is employed by NI.

Brendan works for News International. So does Barrett.

However one thing I cannot defend Brendan for was him RT'ing the S*N and following a list of S*n journalists.

For all we know he could have had little to no involvement in the S*n, so it's silly to accuse him without all the facts.

I put this in the original thread about him where it was unveiled (around page 3 I think) that he is employed by NI.

Head Strategist to News International means he would have had dealings with every part of News International including the sun.

Barrett works for one part of it so he doesnt.

Its not the news international thats the problem.