Quantcast
Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 3-9 2018) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 3-9 2018)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tlw content

tlw content

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Feb 3… 

“If you could bring Bill Shankly back into the club now and ask him 'are you happy with fourth?' because he was a fantastic football manager he would have seen that this is the only way we can go. You need to do what we are doing to be in a position to win something one day.

“To just want it more desperately than other clubs doesn't make it more likely to happen. That's how it is. You need to do all your homework and when the time comes, you have to catch it.

“Bill would have seen that 100% – but unfortunately I never got to know him as a person and that's really a shame because we are doing the same job.”

Kinell, you're on dodgy ground there Jurgen. Accepting the reality that fourth place is an achievement of sorts is one thing, but being 'happy' about it? Nope. That's Arsenal behaviour that. 

As fans, harping back to our glorious past all the time doesn't do us any favours, but we shouldn't just disregard who we are because 'the game is different now' either. Ripping into our midfield for not being scary bastards like Souness is daft, because you're not allowed kick people anymore. Dismissing the 'first is first, second is nothing' mantra though, sorry I'm not prepared to go there.

If we finish fourth this year we've done pretty well. If we finish third we've done very well. Second? That would be excellent and would suggest we're heading in the right direction. It's still not good enough though and the second you start thinking it is, you find yourself taking dressing room team selfies without a trophy.

Meanwhile, at Old Trafford….

week5_2.jpg

Stupid mancs, can’t get anything right. It’s meant to be a dog with two dicks, not the other way around. 

Sunday Feb 4… 

L 2 Spurs 2 Struggling to think of a time when we got shafted more by an official than this. It probably involved Howard Webb, but generally it would be one decision and one official. This time it was was two of the cunts involved, and two decisions they conspired to fuck up. Throw into the mix the rampant fucking diving from the Spurs players and it all adds up to one steaming fucking pile of pissed off. 

Fuck Spurs. Prior to today I was rooting for them to join us in the top four at the expense of United or Chelsea. I still hope they get in over United, obviously, but I’ll take Chelsea over Spurs all day now after this. I hated Deli All anyway even before today. Massive cunt, we all knew that. Hate him even more now. 

I knew Kane was a twat as well, but I’d kind of forgotten it. I won’t make that mistake again. His card is marked now for the rest of his career, the gormless big chinned slobbering fucking gimp. Apparently he said afterwards to the camera as he left the field ‘can’t give me two chances’. I say apparently, because I couldn’t lip read due to the fact the cunt talks like his teeth are superglued together. That’s what he’s meant to have said though. 

He gave a speech to his team-mates afterwards too, not about their impressive performance or them coming back to steal a point, but about him reaching the 100 goal milestone. Bet that was riveting. Probably went something like this…

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

#2 Trumo

Trumo

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Claiming that Lallana lashed out due to roid rage is genuinely one of the funniest things ever. Even blooshite taxi drivers couldn't come up with that!

#3 Captain Turdseye

Captain Turdseye

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

Dave’s ma > Tony’s ma.

#4 UnwelcomeinPeru

UnwelcomeinPeru

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

Aldo was a 25 or 30 goals a season man and we won stuff when he was here so I can see where he’s coming from.

I seem to remember that he had Barnes and Beardsley laying 4 or 5 on a plate for him each game. In fairness he has never denied how jammy he was to be playing in that team. 

#5 Ipplfc

Ipplfc

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

Great stuff that,very savvy your mum,I hope she didn’t see that picture of coutinho and Lallana in their ripped jeans

#6 dave u

dave u

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Great stuff that,very savvy your mum,I hope she didn’t see that picture of coutinho and Lallana in their ripped jeans

She did see it. She wasn't overly bothered by that though, the main problem she had with it was it reminded her of when he did that interview with Jamie Redknapp and he was wearing even worse clobber. She went off about that instead.

#7 Tj hooker

Tj hooker

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

Great read really enjoying these

#8 Closer To God

Closer To God

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

Great read really enjoying these

Me too. Brilliant to have the diary back in this format. 

What's your username - I'll check and reinstate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgsons Undies
"Ta mate its 'HodgsonIsFuckingShit'."

#9 Jenson

Jenson

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

"gormless big chinned slobbering fucking gimp" is the best description of Kane ever.

#10 scottthecanuck

scottthecanuck

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Brilliant stuff
equal amounts of dogshit and icecream will taste more like the former than the latter

#11 deiseach

deiseach

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

Dave’s ma > Tony’s ma.

Bugs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users