You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. So?

• Alberto Aquilani
    • Phil Babb
    • Andy Carrol
    • Joe Cole
    • Salif Diao
    • El Hadji-Diouf
    • Paul Ince
    • Christian Poulsen
    • Paul Stewart
    • Other

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll, Downing, Diouf, Aquilani, Keane. That should get things rolling.

Keane didn't make the cut as he did score some goals and we were able to reclaim enough money that the transfer wasn't a total disaster. Downing still plays for us and seemingly has no intention of ever leaving, which theoretically gives him time to turn things around, so he, too, is exempt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Keane didn't make the cut as he did score some goals and we were able to reclaim enough money that the transfer wasn't a total disaster. Downing still plays for us and seemingly has no intention of ever leaving, which theoretically gives him time to turn things around, so he, too, is exempt.

Three way tie between Carroll, Cole and Aquilani then. For me, Andy Carroll gets my vote. £35m quid, plus 80k+ per week. That's a fucking shocker. Aquilani, too, was ludicrous money. Utterly ludicrous.

The money we've wasted...

The longer he stays the worse a signing it becomes.

Aquilani, but Carroll runs him close. Until Caroll goes then it's Aquilani, we could end up getting near 20mil for Carroll back with the loan fee and potential sale taken into account ( unlikely I know ) and bad as he is at least he contributed a few important goals last season, unlike Aquilani who was just a disaster in every way possible.

Aquilani easily, we had finished 2nd the season before he was brought in.

He was brought in to replace the brain behind that 2nd place finish and he did not play a single game before the end of October and on top of that he was shite.

Our season was over before he got his first game and we needed him to be on fire from the first game.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong with that signing, a total disaster.

What sets Keane apart for me is that why the fuck was he actually signed? Yes, Carroll and Aquilani turned out to be disaster but you could argue that there was point in signing them at the time. Aquilani wasn't the worst replacement for Xabi on paper but it didn't work out. Again, Carroll looked like an up and coming beast of a striker, albeit for an inflated fee. Keane though - what was the thinking there? It just disrupted things for £20 million.

Julieanne Dicks. Souness said when signing this sack of shite "He is arguably the best full back in the country". The 'best full back' couldn't run, couldn't tackle, couldn't pass, struggled to get forward and had no fucking chance of getting back when he did get beyond the halfway line. And he has the honour of being the last Liverpool player to score in front of the old Kop. Mind you, it was a penalty.

I think you have to remember how eye poppingly bad Paul Stewart was, and for a hefty fee back in the day. I remember being in the Kemlyn one time, forget who against, and he was running towards where I was sat chasing a ball at full pelt, the sight was hilarious, everybody around me just started pissing themselves.

Aqualani, did fuck all in 3 years earning £5m a year for it, Carroll scored goals on cup finals, winners in semis, and we didn't subsidise his wages to fuck off home when he started crying, laughable people don't think it's Aqualani and I point blank refuse to believe Macia didn't have a touch of the George Graham's about him, and Benitez is an idiot for trusting him.

Aqualani, did fuck all in 3 years earning £5m a year for it, Carroll scored goals on cup finals, winners in semis, and we didn't subsidise his wages to fuck off home when he started crying, laughable people don't think it's Aqualani and I point blank refuse to believe Macia didn't have a touch of the George Graham's about him, and Benitez is an idiot for trusting him.

It wasn't £5m a year, he was on £20k a week less then Carroll.