You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

i actually found out a few things, but all but one are not even slightly interesting outside of my own personal world.

The one that is, is that John Venables (he of the sticking batteries up the arse of poor james bulger infamy) was living in my town for the last 10 years of his shitty life (including where he was holed up under custody) until having to move out to stay at her majesty's pleasure in wakefield due to liking photos of young children too much.

shame you find out about these things after the event. I could have lit a torch, bought a pitchfork and would have been happy to mobilise a mob.

A fella from Scotland (I think he was from Scotland) killed himself a few weeks ago because he was accused of being one of the bugler killers.

People need to be very very careful of accusing someone for such a horrendous crime.

Btw Bob, you are a fucking twat, what was need in saying that about the little lad? I think we all know who Venables is and if we didn't, I don't think you had to use that 'information' to explain who he is.

A fella from Scotland (I think he was from Scotland) killed himself a few weeks ago because he was accused of being one of the bugler killers.

People need to be very very careful of accusing someone for such a horrendous crime.

Btw Bob, you are a fucking twat, what was need in saying that about the little lad? I think we all know who Venables is and if we didn't, I don't think you had to use that 'information' to explain who he is.

That sounds like Jon Venables talk to me.

I always struggle to work out while persons murder is acceptable to take about in less then respectful tones and which one isn’t………

Yes, for the avoidance of doubt, I am talking about hypocrisy. Surely we show respect to all, or none at all?

I think it's pretty fucking obvious that the crime was so awful and despicable and evil that everybody not a lunatic can agree to that.

Sometimes the only way to deal with these things without getting depressed is to inject a little humour, no?

I always struggle to work out while persons murder is acceptable to take about in less then respectful tones and which one isn’t………

Yes, for the avoidance of doubt, I am talking about hypocrisy. Surely we show respect to all, or none at all?

Some murders are more barbaric than others, no?

Black humour aways has, and always will exist as a coping mechanism. Buy the mythalogical battery story isn't black humour. Just myth masquerading as fact.

Some murders are more barbaric than others, no?

Absolutely. I just wonder where the line gets drawn? Of course to answer my own question, there is no line and it all depends on where it happened, who it happened to, etc.

The same set of things could happen to a kid in Africa and while the level of disgust would remain the same, the allowance for black humour would no doubt be greater.

Black humour aways has, and always will exist as a coping mechanism. Buy the mythalogical battery story isn't black humour. Just myth masquerading as fact.

I know, thus why I posed the question further up. Nothing like a good myth to add to an already horrific circumstance.

Don't worry man, at least you didn't stick batteries up peoples arses.

Right?

If you’re trying to suggest anyone is saying that what they did wasn’t as bad because the battery stuff is myth, then I think that’s a bit stupid.

right, I'll say a few final things in this clearly ill advised thread.

1. I agree, there was no need for any description in here. The fact that somebody was killed obviously does make this a topic that should be dealt with in a more respectful manner and i agree, it should be irrelevant whether it was a little boy, an old man, a high flying banker or a vagrant, no life is no more or less precious than another.

2. I obviously had no intention of raising a mob, and it was in fact only right that i had no idea he was living in my town while he was here, otherwise someone less sensible than I may well have done something silly.

3. I genuinely didn't know the act i referenced was untrue - if i had, i'd have mentioned something else - and still been castigated for it but by fewer people.

4. I am now better informed than i was when i posted, which is positive.

5. there is a massive amount of hypocrisy in evidence on this forum and it seems to be quite often based on where someone is from.

I don't understand 5.

if something affect liverpool its not an acceptable topic, if it affects somewhere else, it's fair game. that sort of thing.

not everyone, and not all the time, but often.

If you’re trying to suggest anyone is saying that what they did wasn’t as bad because the battery stuff is myth, then I think that’s a bit stupid.

Not really, I was just surprised at the moral outrage from the GF on this thread, despite most other subjects being fair game.

The OP was getting a shitload of abuse, so I remarked sarcastically that at least he didn't do what he alleged Venables did. Sheesh, tough crowd...

Guest ShoePiss
if something affect liverpool its not an acceptable topic, if it affects somewhere else, it's fair game. that sort of thing.

not everyone, and not all the time, but often.

Oh.

Not really, I was just surprised at the moral outrage from the GF on this thread, despite most other subjects being fair game.

The OP was getting a shitload of abuse, so I remarked sarcastically that at least he didn't do what he alleged Venables did. Sheesh, tough crowd...

I certainly agree that the moral outrage on this thread is pretty daft.