You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Some fucking match at the Riazor tonight. Masch picked up one of the most horrendous red cards I've ever seen. Almost as bad as that fella who put the opponents elbow in his own face. And Jordi Alba scored the most beautiful own goal.

Oh and Messi scored three goals.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

For the eternal optimists today was a good day. Spurs and Arsenal lost and we won. I can't see past Chelsea and both Manchester teams for top three, but if we get our act together and sign a goalscorer in January, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that we might contest top four.

This is true, and it should be the least we are aiming for. Anyone saying they'd be happy with 6th can fuck right off. Many on here seem to think that Everton are a good shout for 4th yet we have no chance. Nonsense. If they can finish above Arsenal then so can we (who, in my opinion, will finish no lower than 5th). You really don't have to be very good to finish 4th in this league, though our complete incompetence in the summer made it an uphill struggle.

This is true, and it should be the least we are aiming for. Anyone saying they'd be happy with 6th can fuck right off. Many on here seem to think that Everton are a good shout for 4th yet we have no chance. Nonsense. If they can finish above Arsenal then so can we (who, in my opinion, will finish no lower than 5th). You really don't have to be very good to finish 4th in this league, though our complete incompetence in the summer made it an uphill struggle.

Everton are playing well so far... but I don't think it'll last. They did brilliantly to get 15m for that pile of shite Rodwell and really strengthened because of it.

Everton are playing well so far... but I don't think it'll last. They did brilliantly to get 15m for that pile of shite Rodwell and really strengthened because of it.

Can't disagree with that. Rodwell is shite and they will finish behind Arsenal. Citys summer signings were truly awful.

Exactly what Fungus said. Maybe a bit clumsy, but no intent whatsoever there for me. The theatrics from Fletcher obviously didn't help but that's English football for you, British players dont simulate - foreigners do. Somewhere down the line Suarez will be to blame.

Joke of a decision. Joke of a referee. What did we expect really tho. He's arguably the most incompetent of the lot - which says much, considering how bad the others are.

We need a total over haul of our referee's as it seems to be getting worse and worse by the week.

just watching QPR build up and theres an interview with Hughes bigging himself up about how well he did to keep them up and they were in the shit till he came, didn't they get worse after he was appointed?

He's just a wretched manager, absolutely hapless. The depressing thing is that some other club will pay him millions to make the same mistakes after his inevitable sacking.

The lowest of many low points for me last season for me, that 3-2 defeat to QPR after being 2-0 up.

Exactly what Fungus said. Maybe a bit clumsy' date=' but no intent whatsoever there for me. The theatrics from Fletcher obviously didn't help but that's English football for you, British players dont simulate - foreigners do. Somewhere down the line Suarez will be to blame.

Joke of a decision. Joke of a referee. What did we expect really tho. He's arguably the most incompetent of the lot - which says much, considering how bad the others are.

We need a total over haul of our referee's as it seems to be getting worse and worse by the week.[/quote']

Whilst I don't disagree with any of the general point about the standard of refereeing, I will say this. Tiote - who the Geordies make out to be the hardest player in the league - went down clutching his face after being caught in the chest in this fixture last season. Same with Perch, clutching his face after no contact with Pepe's forehead last season. When you've got players "maximising contact" up and down the league, mistakes will be made. But the wronged side today are as bad as anyone.

Living amongst the small-time cunts, I'm fucking made up. Nothing puts a spring in their step like beating Sunderland, they celebrate like they've won the league. Although when you've won nothing since god was a child, I suppose you've got to take what you get.

Whilst I don't disagree with any of the general point about the standard of refereeing, I will say this. Tiote - who the Geordies make out to be the hardest player in the league - went down clutching his face after being caught in the chest in this fixture last season. Same with Perch, clutching his face after no contact with Pepe's forehead last season. When you've got players "maximising contact" up and down the league, mistakes will be made. But the wronged side today are as bad as anyone.

Living amongst the small-time cunts, I'm fucking made up. Nothing puts a spring in their step like beating Sunderland, they celebrate like they've won the league. Although when you've won nothing since god was a child, I suppose you've got to take what you get.

I'm with Manny on this. I also remember Cabaye last season making out Suarez took him out late and went down in a heap.....only for replays to show Suarez made no contact whatsoever. Don't remember it being replayed dozens of times on t.v. though. Don't have a problem with the red card today either...he was high and late...we had Mascherano sent off at Fulham for a similar tackle, but without even making contact.

Fully agree with the general point about refs...Guy yesterday started off ok, then after half an hour onwards he was completely useless. Also, in 3 reports I've seen, including MotD, Reading are shown as having 0,1 & 2 yellow cards!! Wonder what the actual count was...Whatever it was, it should have been more, they committed at least4,maybe 5 bookable tackles.