You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Guitarists

firemarshall

Hello folks

Does anyone know of any websites that I can look on to get prices for vintage guitars. Ive got a Rickenbacker 330 and was wondering how much I could get for it. Looking at getting a Les Paul but Mrs Firemarshall (the miserable goat) will have kittens if I just go and buy one so was thinking of cashing in on the Ric to justify the purchase.

Check the previous sold listings on E-Bay, that's, roughly how much you should look for in a private sale, if you sell to a shop you'll be looking at about 60%, maybe 70% at a push, of it's true value.

If you are selling to a shop though make sure you know the price you find acceptable and don't let it go for less than it's worth and you shouldn't get ripped off too much.

Hello folks

Does anyone know of any websites that I can look on to get prices for vintage guitars. Ive got a Rickenbacker 330 and was wondering how much I could get for it. Looking at getting a Les Paul but Mrs Firemarshall (the miserable goat) will have kittens if I just go and buy one so was thinking of cashing in on the Ric to justify the purchase.

Where you based mate ?

I bought an 1973 ibanez artist for £100 last week. Absolute beast of a guitar and bargain. Would swap it for a rick though...

Bloody hell mate, thats alright for £100. Where did you pick that up from?

Does anybody here use Danelectro, just looking on Thomann and they`ve got some nice looking guitars for really reasonable prices, Ive never actually played one though.

Does anybody here use Danelectro, just looking on Thomann and they`ve got some nice looking guitars for really reasonable prices, Ive never actually played one though.

Not a big fan of Dano's tbh, but I do love single coil lipstick pick up's (which many Dano's use) and you've just gotta love their "Coke bottle" headstocks.

I opened a music shop a couple of months ago, mostly strings and things as i start out but I've a few guitars too and it was brought in so i had to have it.

I love the look of danelectro guitars and a friend had one he liked but always felt it wasn't up to the rigours of playing live. Their cheap little pedals are quite nice.

• 8 years later...
3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Iro Gibson Les Paul, my advice is to play a LOT of them before you buy. Gibson's QC is horrific, you can pay a hell of a lot for a really shoddy instrument.

I bought a Les Paul in Richmond Virginia whilst on holiday. I was really just browsing and got a phone call to say the wife had been taken to the local hospital with suspected heart attack, I had to go quick. I happened to be fondling this LP so I plugged in to a huge Marshall amp and played a few licks around the 12 fth  fret, what a bluesy sound. I bought it and shot to the hospital, she was OK. I've never regretted  the purchase.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, nimrod said:

the wife had been taken to the local hospital with suspected heart attack, I had to go quick. I happened to be fondling this LP so I plugged in to a huge Marshall amp and played a few licks around the 12 fth  fret, what a bluesy sound. I bought it and shot to the hospital, she was OK. I've never regretted  the purchase.

So you weren't shocked she had a suspected heart attack and you had just taken out life insurance 

columbo-gif1.gif?w=250

• Upvote 2