You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brad Jones

Antynwa

Seems like a popular guy in the dressing room as well.

He does appear to be a team favourite. I follow quite a few players on twatter and they were all tweeting about it, and the t-shirt support by the whole match day squad that time says a lot.

I like him, he's not great but he seems like a decent fella and he's happy to be an understudy which i imagine must be a difficult task.

Good for him.

Guest San Don

Pleased for the lad. He's had a tough time recently.

He's nowhere near as bad as some have painted him. I mean what LFC fan listens to anything a smoggie fan has to say about a player? They are all mind affected by the chemical smog they breathe in over there.

I will just direct you to an earlier reply

Sadly, there is a case, isn't there? The near post goals and the lack of enthusiasm for marshalling the defence have become increasing issues.

No-one doubts Reina's ability. But his performance over some period of time now has been below par.

Would we concede significantly more goals with Jones in goal? Would the money used from a sale be bettter used for the team by investing in a goalscorer?

Sadly' date=' there is a case, isn't there? The near post goals and the lack of enthusiasm for marshalling the defence have become increasing issues.

No-one doubts Reina's ability. But his performance over some period of time now has been below par.

Would we concede significantly more goals with Jones in goal? Would the money used from a sale be bettter used for the team by investing in a goalscorer?[/quote']

Nope, there isn't.

Even with an alleged lack of enthusiasm he is still miles ahead of the other keepers at the club. Yesterday's goal was right in the corner as you are ever going to get, always tough when its right in the angle of the upright.

I am not against cashing in on him and investing the money on another top younger keeper but Jones is not a first choice goalie.

Yeah definately would get Brad Jones back in, hes not great but didnt really do much wrong when hes been in the team, Pepe Reina is so overrated by our fans, I dunno whats supposed to be so great about him, he gets excused for everything but Jones gets jumped on when he apparantly made a mistake at Everton

Reina not like James in that he drops clangers all the time(sometimes though) he just doesn't save anything

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...